• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
I dont really understand the people moaning about the premier league declining because we missed out on neymar and cavani.
When has the premier league ever had Europe's top players playing here? From rivaldo to zidane to whoever you can name never played in england, yet the league is still the richest and most watched league in the world. This doom and gloom is quite bafflingly really.

That's the thing, they never have. Why is that? Why can't the very best players play in this league? There's obviously a reason for it.

faridmon

Thiago to Bayern. Why on earth do they need him for? Don't they have million talented midfielders that can play at the same position. Bloody Hell!

Haha at Man United though

Salvadora

This is entirely possible, and I'd be the first one to believe it, but wasn't Graham Hunter on this one?

Find me a report where they actually bid, please, because I've been following the saga since day one, religiously, and no one with any credibility claims they actually bid.

people use failed transfer dealings of other clubs as a stick to beat them with

GorillaJu

Lol if true.

Brenton, Bernard plz.

amazing (if true)

jDKwLPHRGzQPy.png

Find me a report where they actually bid, please, because I've been following the saga since day one, religiously, and no one with any credibility claims they actually bid.

people use failed transfer dealings of other clubs as a stick to beat them with

You guys are dicks.

keit4

Banned
The other Alcantara, Rafinha, is moving to Celta de Vigo on a long season loan.

Celta is the new Barça B: Fontás, Nolito, Rafinha, Luís Enrique...

will you look at this, our league is a money making machine:

ocR2ORD.png

bare in mind Benfica haven't sold Garay, Cardozo and Matic yet, so that's an extra 70 to 75 million € in the green for us.

now look at these plastic leagues of oil and gas millionaires:

q95BGq8.png

GorillaJu

Stop dogpiling on me.

You all still got what you wanted anyway - Liverpool fan tears. What more could you ask for, a new midfielder? :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte- "Jovetic is a top talent and worth his price. He'll go to a club that can afford him, so he'll leave Italy."

Its quite funny how similar the pursuits of Mikhtaryan and Thiago have gone, if the logical courses are also the correct ones

Buyout clauses met
Players wait (Thiago for Barca guarantees, Mikh for options)
English clubs blown out of the water by more attractive German clubs

Ah well

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte says he would've preferred Cavani to stay at Napoli a] b/c they wouldn't have 64m to spend b] b/c they've almost always beaten his Napoli

I feel so sorry for you guys. Seriously, you were so excited about Thiago and now it seems we might snatch him away from you. Sorry. :(

It's okay we are well versed in this story.

I hope you guys enjoy him. It would be worse if he had gone to City or Chelsea.

Anyway I still won't give up hope. There is a small part of me that thinks we will still get him. The muppet lives on.

Salvadora

Its quite funny how similar the pursuits of Mikhtaryan and Thiago have gone, if the logical courses are also the correct ones

Buyout clauses met
Players wait (Thiago for Barca guarantees, Mikh for options)
English clubs blown out of the water by more attractive German clubs

Ah well

It's better than being blown out of the water by the players own club (probably)!

I sort of see what you're saying, but if Arsenal wanted Higuain cheaper, then why advertise that they have £30 million plus to spend on a striker?

Higuain has said that he is leaving, the last few matches he had been booed by the fans for the first time in his stay in Madrid, his last season was mediocre, he hasnt come back to good form since his injury.

They know they can get Higuain for cheap, most of the big teams already have too many strikers and are not interested in him; it's not a matter of how much money do they have, it's how much money is Higuain worth right now, saying "hey, we have other options" makes im cheaper, as is letting time go on. He is a problem for madrid right now.

Unless there is some russian team offering a lot of money for him, they are getting the player for change, and I really doubt el pipita is gonna want to go to some shitty league on a World Cup year.

dc89

He got out at 98. Great knock.

----

Conte on Jovetic: "He is too expensive. He is talented but nobody in Italy can afford him"

Courtesy of my boy Tanc

Scum

Liverpool should ask for Higuain plus money for Suarez. :p

He got out at 98. Great knock.

----

Conte on Jovetic: "He is too expensive. He is talented but nobody in Italy can afford him"

Courtesy of my boy Tanc
Good for him. I bet the English lads had a laugh when they heard about him playing. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom