• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I have absolutely no interest in TLoU. I played a bit of Uncharted 3 (came with the PS3), which I assume is similar to TLoU, and I sold it. Those games are just not for me.

Uncharted 3 is average compared to 2, which is average compared to TLoU.

FootballFan

So did FF came when Neygod scored?

1eClRoL.jpg

Salazar

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 2m
AS claim that Sevilla star Alvaro Negredo will shun late interest from Manchester City in order to finalise a switch to Atletico Madrid.

loool

can this Txiki character even do up his shoelaces ?

Lightning

Banned
I was skeptical about us signing Julio Cesar but the more I think about it the more I want us to do it. If we are not going to sign a top young goal keeper to replace Szczesny and it looks like we won't then he is the best experienced keeper we could get that can provide a better job and give Szcz a good kick up the ass to up his game.

I wish Madrid would stop fucking around and sanction the Higuain sale already. Bloody hell.

jtb

Banned
I was skeptical about us signing Julio Cesar but the more I think about it the more I want us to do it. If we are not going to sign a top young goal keeper to replace Szczesny and it looks like we won't then he is the best experienced keeper we could get that can provide a better job and give Szcz a good kick up the ass to up his game.

I wish Madrid would stop fucking around and sanction the Higuain sale already. Bloody hell.

same. Cesar is better than nothing, especially since Mignolet is off to Liverpool. I do wonder if Liverpool would be open to a move for Reina though; he went through a rough patch of form this season, but I'd still trust him more than Cesar. I doubt either Mignolet or Reina want to spend long parts of the season on the bench (especially since there won't be Europa games to rotate with iirc)

same. Cesar is better than nothing, especially since Mignolet is off to Liverpool. I do wonder if Liverpool would be open to a move for Reina though; he went through a rough patch of form this season, but I'd still trust him more than Cesar. I doubt either Mignolet or Reina want to spend long parts of the season on the bench (especially since there won't be Europa games to rotate with iirc)

Reina would be poor value for you simply because we'd add a hefty tax for selling to a club we hope to compete with within 2 or so seasons

Oh great the Mirror says Moyes has the green light to sign Garay.

End of transfer window predictions...

We sign Garay or another CB
We pay over the odds for Baines
Rooney stays
We miss out on Thiago and don't bother signing a mid.

FootballFan

Just like your 9,999 and 10.001 then.

You should feel honoured I am using my 9999th post to quote you.

----------------Cornelius----------Benteke-----------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-----Neymar-------------Iniesta----------------Messi-----
-----------------Cattermole---------Biscuit-----------------
--------David Luiz---------T.Silva----------Pique----------
----------------------------Ter Stegen--------------------------

Lightning

Banned
Reina would cost a lot more and I doubt Liverpool would be over keen to do business anyway .Cesar we could get unopposed if we really want him.

I would have rathered Adler and since we sold Hamburg Djourou I am not sure why we didn't offer player + cash for Adler. I'm sure we could have got him and he would have been better than Mignolet.

Salazar

Rooney stays

Lighten up motherfucker

nRLB7LD.jpg

Garay seems cool

pappe

Rooney stays

Its like SAF is still our manager..

Tbf, Garay is the first name we've been linked with so far that I've not liked.

You have to remember that Garay is Martin Ferguson's scouting project which makes the rumour unlikely. Also Jorge Mendes has a record of using newpapers like A Bola to create a transfer frenzy around his players.

Salazar

ian herbert ‏@ianherbs 7m
Fourth new #mufc commercial deal in as many months. Thai telecomms firm True, follows Mexican, Vietnam banks and Japanese social gaming firm

yeaaaaaaah we don't stop

Ronaldo money

Clegg

I wouldn't worry about us not signing a midfielder if we don't get Thiago. We're almost certainly signing a cm this summer.

That new cm probably won't be as muppet worthy as Thiago though.

Gomes
Lucius
Alex
Bouma
Young-Pyo Lee
Van Bommel
Vogel
Cocu
Ji-Sung Park
Vennegoor
Farfán

dat team

Were you guys even born in 2004? Sometimes it feels like the children in my class are more mature than you guys :lol

Take another look at the team you posted above. This is why people dismissed you out of hand. The lesson you take from this is that most people don't agree with your conclusion that a team whose best players were van Bommel and Cocu is better than the current United team. Not to mention that said conclusion is roughly in line with the utterly bizarre, far-fetched statements you tend to make in this thread.

confuziz

Banned
Take another look at the team you posted above. This is why people dismissed you out of hand. The lesson you take from this is that most people don't agree with your conclusion that a team whose best players were van Bommel and Cocu is better than the current United team. Not to mention that said conclusion is roughly in line with the utterly bizarre, far-fetched statements you tend to make in this thread.

But they were in the 2004/2005 CL Semi final...What else do I need to say?

You teach 9 year olds?

Referring to the PSV squad, Bacon. Go to sleep.

GorillaJu

I cannot believe we've had two thread titles within a month span with Moyes in the title. Utd Gaf needs to lose their thread making privileges.

I cannot believe we've had two thread titles within a month span with Moyes in the title. Utd Gaf needs to lose their thread making privileges.

I can agree with this. At least get the unwritten "don't refer to your own fucking team" rule. A mod should change it to something relating to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom