• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero

Not really.

But I want to believe, Santos has to wrap this up sooner or later, and I'm guessing the offer will be around those 8.5m. Galliani already went down from 10m and I bet he's willing to go to 7m too, just to get rid of a €4.5m contract.

True. How sad it may sound, it really seems like Robinho is holding up everything. Can't really believe that we are this broke despite the books being in order and a significantly lower wage bill, it has to have something to do with Berlusconi not wanting to invest in Allegri's Milan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not really.

But I want to believe, Santos has to wrap this up sooner or later, and I'm guessing the offer will be around those 8.5m. Galliani already went down from 10m and I bet he's willing to go to 7m too, just to get rid of a €4.5m contract.
At this point I'd sell him for peanuts. He's delaying your whole mercato. Just kick him out!

Edit: beaten

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I am not fully happy unless Juve get Jovetic, Tevez is a nice purchase and all, so they did good there.

Gazzetta wrote: Juventus: Final push for Jovetic

Sure feels like it, went through all this last season and he stayed with Viola, i have a feeling they will deal him, i just wonder where. They know they cannot keep him for much longer

It helps that he is good friends with Mirko and they play together, it also helps that Le Arse might get Higuain and therefore back off, leaving Viola no chance but to sell him to Juve
We're offering them THREE players + cash now :lol :lol WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT

And Ljajic (who shares an agent with Jojo) is refusing to sign a contract extension until they sell Jovetic. WHAT MORE CAN WE DO :(

He's attending Mirko's wedding today along with Marotta and Conte so we'll see.. :p

True. How sad it may sound, it really seems like Robinho is holding up everything. Can't really believe that we are this broke despite the books being in order and a significantly lower wage bill, it has to have something to do with Berlusconi not wanting to invest in Allegri's Milan.

Iirc, we barely made a profit this year (<10m euros, but I might be wrong), so things still need another year to get back on track. Which explains why we have to sell somebody before we sign somebody else and why there have been so many rumors around El Shaa, selling him for at least 30m would guarantee a couple of good players. Our mercato is blocked until we sell somebody, hopefully Robinho leaves soon, as much as I'll miss the guy.

Also, I don't see Berlusconi investing in Milan anytime soon, doesn't matter if it's Allegri or anybody else (well, it would've been Seedorf or Donadoni, probably). He doesn't really care about Milan at this point, partially because he's having bigger troubles right now, and partially because the other members of his family don't want to spend a lot in Milan, which is seen as a black hole for money.

Also, isn't Flamini contract expired now? He had a pretty "heavy" salary iirc.

It's pretty strange that I still haven't seen anybody from Juve-GAF celebrating their first day without Iaquinta.

Into

We're offering them THREE players + cash now :lol :lol WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT

He's attending Mirko's wedding today along with Marotta and Conte so we'll see.. :p

They just hate Juventus so much, apparently they do not want players, they want cash, straight up, all that talk how it needs to be 30 million and not a penny less, granted that could all be Sandro Mencucci talking shit to the media. I am glad Juve replied with:

"&#8220;Jovetic is on the market then it means that they want to sell him, but &#8364;30m? Everyone has the right to make up their own figures, but we have our limits.&#8221;"

I do not see Wenger spending 20-25 million on Higuain and 30 million on Jovetic in the same transfer window. And does Fiorentina really want to sell him to Inter/Milan? Chances are those are the clubs that will be competing for the CL spots after Juventus wins another likely Scudetto

c05238a0cd51cfe0655cbd42d2316627-34946-1360431851.jpeg

It baffles my mind why we just can't present our new shirts. It's fucking July and while the home shirt already leaked, there's no definite leak of the away and CL shirt.

They probably save it for this season's first press conference. Then Watzke will be like "Here are our new shirts" and in comes de Bruyne, Eriksen, Bernard and Benteke. Yeah, that will totally happen.

Splatt

It baffles my mind why we just can't present our new shirts. It's fucking July and while the home shirt already leaked, there's no definite leak of the away and CL shirt.

They probably save it for this season's first press conference. Then Watzke will be like "Here are our new shirts" and in comes de Bruyne, Eriksen, Bernard and Benteke. Yeah, that will totally happen.

You forgot Mkhitaryan.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Danny Murphy potentially returning to Fulham ?

Fulham pls

Upgrade

They should just buy Huddlestone from us. He'd not have to leave London, would play for the manager who brought him into the Spurs first team, would fill a key role in their first XI. Seems a no-brainer.

Tottenham are the worst with kits. We still haven't seen any of the shirts for next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They just hate Juventus so much, apparently they do not want players, they want cash, straight up, all that talk how it needs to be 30 million and not a penny less, granted that could all be Sandro Mencucci talking shit to the media. I am glad Juve replied with:

"&#8220;Jovetic is on the market then it means that they want to sell him, but &#8364;30m? Everyone has the right to make up their own figures, but we have our limits.&#8221;"

I do not see Wenger spending 20-25 million on Higuain and 30 million on Jovetic in the same transfer window. And does Fiorentina really want to sell him to Inter/Milan? Chances are those are the clubs that will be competing for the CL spots after Juventus wins another likely Scudetto

That's a great point!

Yeah, Viola are stuck with us for now. City are no longer following him (after Mancini's sacking) and Arsenal don't really *need* him, do they?

We fucked up going after Berbatov, Marry should've known better, we needed to stay on 'good terms' with them. -_-

Welcome again btw, we hope to see more of you during the season. :]

It's pretty strange that I still haven't seen anybody from Juve-GAF celebrating their first day without Iaquinta.

I was counting the hours last night!

That's a great point!

Yeah, Viola are stuck with us for now. City are no longer following him (after Mancini's sacking) and Arsenal don't really *need* him, do they?

We fucked up going after Berbatov, Marry should've known better, we needed to stay on 'good terms' with them. -_-

I'm sorry, Yurt. We're buying Jovetic, this silence around BVB transfers is dangerous.

No, we won't lol

Ten Years since Roman took over at Chelsea today! Changed the whole Premier League by buying us! Thanks for everything but please don't sack Jose again :)

fm4wN77.gif

Arnie

Hate those trains. Used to make me well sick whenever I was going to and from Uni.
Yea they bank around like something from an Alice and Wonderland novel. It's like they're trying their hardest not to be parallel to the Earth. I swear I was upside down before.

TEN YEARS OF ROMAN ABRAMOVICH - THE STATISTICS 2003/04 - 2012/13

596 competitive matches
371 wins
131 draws
94 defeats
1,139 goals scored
489 goals conceded
62.2 per cent win percentage (compared to our all-time 43.1 per cent)

18 major semi-finals
11 major finals
11 major trophies
9 managers
86 players made their debut - 20 (23 per cent) of which came from the Academy
Reached the FA Youth Cup final four times in the last six seasons, winning it twice.
U19s NextGen Series finalists
FA Premier Reserve League National Champions

Chelsea's trophies
2003/04
2004/05 - Premier League, League Cup
2005/06 - Premier League, Community Shield
2006/07 - FA Cup, League Cup
2007/08
2008/09 - FA Cup
2009/10 - Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, FA Youth Cup
2010/11 - FA Premier Reserve League
2011/12 - Champions League, FA Cup, FA Youth Cup
2012/13 - Europa League

Major trophies won
Chelsea 11, Man Utd 11, Liverpool 4, Arsenal 2, Man City 2, Birmingham 1, Middlesbrough 1, Portsmouth 1, Swansea 1, Tottenham 1, Wigan 1

Community Shields won
Man Utd 5, Chelsea 2, Liverpool 1, Arsenal 1, Man City 1.

Kenka

Thanks for the answers, I wish Dante would get more playtime but that David Luiz save was absolutely mental. Even better than the Subotic save during the CL final.

No wonder, he gets spot #3.

I am puzzled on the other end why Gustavo gets a spot in starting IX when he is only Martinez replacement at Bayern.

Radio el Fuego &#8207;@RadioelFuego1 10m
Inglés: Exclusive: Thiago to #mufc will be completed this week. Our man at Radio el Fuego Ricardo Serna has spoke to his father this morning

YES NOW.

You guys don't really need too many new players for your first squad anyway. Who do you need to replace? Götze and Pisczcek? Other than that your squad is still extremely talented and young, others will rise to the occasion.

Fuck, we're gonna have to deal with you for years to come.

Yes, we need a few players. It looks like Großkreutz will be RB/LB cover, so we basically have Kuba, Reus and Hofmann as attacking midfielders. We need at least another 2 players there. Also a new striker and possibly a CB if Sarr and Günter need another year.

Also it's not only about replacing. This season showed we need more quality depth. I think it was fine from the amount of players but Leitner/Bittencourt/Schieber just couldn't replace the quality properly.

Into

That's a great point!

Welcome again btw, we hope to see more of you during the season. :]

I was counting the hours last night!

Thanks ill be here to make fun of Manure when they choke the season and fans scream for Moyes head by the end of December =P

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OMG YES

Giorgio Chiellini has dropped a cheeky hint that Alessandro Diamanti could make a move to Juventus this summer.
The Bologna playmaker scored a superb free-kick in Italy's 2-2 draw with Uruguay on Sunday.

And in the mixed zone after the match, the Bianconeri defender playfully admitted to reporters that the former West Ham may be seen at the club's training ground.

&#8220;He will make an appearance at Vinovo later this month,&#8221; Chiellini told journalists.

buffon_diamanti_bonucci_getty.jpg

I love that scruffy bastard <3

Fergie

Banned
Great, morning wood.

imageatppi.jpg

Putting all FootyVitaBros to shame.

Thanks ill be here to make fun of Manure when they choke the season and fans scream for Moyes head by the end of December =P
I definitely won't, I understand its his first season as United Manager, a hefty task. I may have jumped the gun on the Moyes news at first but I'm totally turned. Moyese's United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom