• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt bad for Man United fans in here so I made this for you to give you something to believe in for the new season.

XcsBY2f.jpg

Deadly crosses. Literally.

Lightning

Banned
Shrek getting injured is just his way of saying he wants to join The Gunners. Welcome Rooney.

So what the fuck is happening with the Arsenal transfers? No Higu, no Suarez, fucking nothing. Just Sanogo who I, for the moment, don't give one shit about.
Relax. Confident that business will be done.

Gervinho staying behind from your with some mysterious illness? Perhaps transfer illness.

Suen

Relax. Confident that business will be done.

Gervinho staying behind from your with some mysterious illness? Perhaps transfer illness.
Gervi need to go. If there's a player we don't need it's him. Anyway I'm just worried this is going to be another Wenger transfer window despite having a big budget this year. We have to be fast with the signings, can't keep delaying it and negotiate forever for a perfect price.

Lightning

Banned
Gervi need to go. If there's a player we don't need it's him. Anyway I'm just worried this is going to be another Wenger transfer window despite having a big budget this year. We have to be fast with the signings, can't keep delaying it and negotiate forever for a perfect price.
If we haven't signed any top player by the end of July I will start to worry but before that I'm not really that concerned as people close to the club say we are working on deals for top players so I will wait and see on that.

As long as we get a top striker and defensive midfielder I am not that worried about the rest of the squad. Defender and goal keeper could use another number as well but we'll see.

Clegg

Fuck it.

I'm tweeting the United official twitter account a link to In Bed With Maradona's list of the best 100 young players in the world.

Tell Moysey to pick a midfielder from that list.

Hixx

Anyone seen the new Netflix show?

I've watched a few episodes and I really like it. It follows the formula Lost had where it picks a character to show their backstory and why they are in prison (without it being the focus of the episode) and it's really cool. Some great characters in it.

bjaelke

I've watched a few episodes and I really like it. It follows the formula Lost had where it picks a character to show their backstory and why they are in prison (without it being the focus of the episode) and it's really cool. Some great characters in it.
Sounds great. Just started the pilot.

Wilbur

Banned
When the fuck did we ever go after Thiago? It's like if Iker dismissed Barca, who the fuck cares?

Barca haven't been linked with Casillas and therefore it's a fake equivalency

Falcao was never a realistic target, Atletico wouldve never sold him to us. We never made a formal bid for Cavani.

If you had reached a release clause then Atletico would have had no choice, especially considering half his rights weren't even owned by Atletico. And you were linked with Cavani quite incessantly, so there's enough evidence to say he was a target... which is what I did.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Thiago lol, at least Utd made sense, he was guaranteed playtime there. At Bayern he'll play even less than with us.

Something tells me Guardiola is doing this just to take a piss on Rosell and his crew.

Zabojnik

Muslim-bros, how do you go about cleaning your asshole after a good shit? Do you all use water exclusively? I've always found wiping to be the less civilizied way of doing it and I've been thinking about getting one of those futuristic japanese toilets that look like it could tentacle-rape you.

Lightning

Banned
At least ManU fans will have some transfer activity to talk about!

I think Moyes is baffled by the concept of having money to spend.
I think it's just a learning curve for him. Getting a cheap player like his Everton targets are a lot different from getting the players required to play for United. Negotiations are much harder, player need to be convinced, greater competition, selling club usually don't want to sell etc.... It will take him a bit of time.

LTWheels

Been thinking that it's worth to keep Suarez if no offer meets are valuation even if it makes him unhappy. It's World Cup year, he's going to want to be playing as well as he can all year to ensure he's in top form for the world cup. You can't achieve that by sulking and refusing to play etc (a Tevez) .

Been thinking that it's worth to keep Suarez if no offer meets are valuation even if it makes him unhappy. It's World Cup year, he's going to want to be playing as well as he can all year to ensure he's in top form for the world cup. You can't achieve that by sulking and refusing to play etc (a Tevez) .

August 1st should be our deadline. If nothing is in motion by then, tell him to wait til next summer. As good as he was last season, he owes us imo

Wilbur

Banned
If Rooney wasnt injured the club wouldn't have said he is.

Not opposed to Fellaini at all, and for 22-24m he definitely isn't too expensive. Was bought for 15m, has proved that he was worth it, still young, can play deep and prefers to play deep so won't be stomping in Rooney and Kagawa playground, and has proven effective against a fuckload of premier league teams. Just because he plays for ickle Everton doesn't mean both he and Baines wouldn't be top signings.

Seems like the only realistic option available now. It's disappointing not getting Thiago, but it's not disappointing getting Fellaini instead of Thiago because they hardly do the same job anyway.

If Rooney goes, then Kagawa will rotate between playing on the left and playing behind van Persie. Welbeck will get game time behind RVP, he's a proper Moyes player and I can see him being a favourite. As long as we bring in at least one midfielder of Fellaini's calibre I'm not too worried. Would be nice to get a winger as well, but Valencia has had one amazing and one shit season so far with some time to get back into the swing of things. Zahallah as well.

Lets stop the pessimism boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom