• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzler

Ozil looks like one of those aliens walking around in a person's skin from Men in Black

There's a grey inside his skin, it's the only answer for those bulging eyes

Clegg

Midfield is where the game is won and lost and right now United aren't anywhere near competing on that font. Just look at who Barca and Bayern have in midfield.

Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Kroos, Gustavo. Then you can add Muller and Gotze as central attacking midfielders. And then you can add Thiago to the mix. It's frightening.

The Barca axis of Busquet/Xavi/Iniesta is the greatest midfield of it's generation. Won World Cups, European Championships, La Ligas and Champions Leagues. It may not be as good as it once was but it's still formidable. Javier Mascherano was one of the best holding midfielders in Europe while at Liverpool but he's now a centre back because he couldn't force his way into that midfield. That's how strong they are/were.

Then look at the strength in depth Juventus have. Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah and Vidal. Any of those players would walk into our midfield.

We're still competitive because we have an excellent attacking system. But we no longer have the players to actually dominate a game against the big European teams. Madrid are in a similar-ish situation. Alonso is on the decline and Khedira isn't that good. But they still have a high quality midfielder in Modric who is only reaching the peak of his career. And as a club Madrid have no problem in spending millions to fix a problem.

It's very concerning as a United fan.

deGod

DeGod says that Martinez was not one of the best defensive mids in the world last year.

Discuss

You changed what I said yet again. I said he wasn't the best defensive mid in the world last year.

Typical messi blowing what I say completely out of proportion

L1NETT

Bloody Peterborough bidding for Wells. We rejected it. Give us £1.5 million and above and I reckon we will accept.

Would also be a sideways move, why would he go to a smaller club. If he goes anywhere, he will go Championship.

Kikarian

w3WMY2x.jpg

Koko

Banned
RIP dc's DOTA 2 Career.

11/7/13 - 11/7/13

A broken little finger. :(

It sucks specially if it is in your good hand.

The second time that it happened to me. I decide to really learn how to do most things with my left hand, and since then I consider myself to be ambidextrous.

LTWheels

BT Sports line up to Xmas
Aug 17, 12.45 ko Liverpool v Stoke
Aug 24, 12.45 ko Fulham v Arsenal
Aug 31 12.45 ko Man City v Hull City
Sep 14 12.45 ko Man Utd v C Palace
Sep 21 12.45 ko Norwich v A Villa
Sep 28 12.45 ko Tottenham v Chelsea
Oct 5 12.45 ko Man City v Everton
Oct 19 12.45 ko Newcastle v Liverpool
Oct 26 12.45 ko C Palace v Arsenal
Nov 2 12.45 ko Newcastle v Chelsea
Nov 23 12.45ko Everton v Liverpool
Nov 30 12.45 ko Tottenham v Man Utd

Not too bad. Few Liverpool games, TotChel, and TotMU which is a bonus. Glad I get the channel free with my internet.

Slizz

It's an incredible feeling not having to give a fuck about what PL games are going to be broadcast where.

1 network, multiple channels and online streaming for every single game. Thank you based NBCSports.

dc89

So the Etihad expansion. The Independent have a nice write up on the proposal.

Stage 1 is to add another 6,000 seats which will see The Etihad become the third biggest stadium in the Premier League, rivalled only by United and Arsenal.

This will enable the club to offer a £299 season ticket.

The feasibility studies have also looked at actually raising the roof and increasing capacity to 70,000.

Kikarian

So the Etihad expansion. The Independent have a nice write up on the proposal.

Stage 1 is to add another 6,000 seats which will see The Etihad become the third biggest stadium in the Premier League, rivalled only by United and Arsenal.

This will enable the club to offer a £299 season ticket.

The feasibility studies have also looked at actually raising the roof and increasing capacity to 70,000.
So they're will be 26,000 empty seats then?

dc89

It sucks specially if it is in your good hand.

The second time that it happened to me. I decide to really learn how to do most things with my left hand, and since then I consider myself to be ambidextrous.

It's my left hand, I'm right handed but it still sucks.

What your doing with your little finger? Clearly putting it in places it shouldn't be.

Playing 5 a side, I saved a shot and it stubbed my left finger really badly. I played on for a moment until I realised that actually it really, really hurt.

Took my glove off and the tip of my finger was pointing at the base of my left thumb. I bent it back into shape, tried to flex my finger and it did the same thing. I was like... "I think I need some ice"

:lolol

LTWheels

It's my left hand, I'm right handed but it still sucks.

Playing 5 a side, I saved a shot and it stubbed my left finger really badly. I played on for a moment until I realised that actually it really, really hurt.

Took my glove off and the tip of my finger was pointing at the base of my left thumb. I bent it back into shape, tried to flex my finger and it did the same thing. I was like... "I think I need some ice"

Ouch, been down to A&E?

Turok_TTZ

stop it, we know you're trolling
Sahin would be free, he is on loan to dortmund after all. money well saved. :neat:
I will never fathom us signing modric, downgrade from sahin. complete downgrade.
Hell, thats why we are trying to sign Illarramendi. Carlo Ancelotti isn't gonna build the midfield with modric in mind. Its gonna be a Illarramendi, isco future with whoever is gonna be the b2b/dm mid. (pls not khedira.)

Sahin would be free, he is on loan to dortmund after all. money well saved. :neat:
I will never fathom us signing modric, downgrade from sahin. complete downgrade.
Hell, thats why we are trying to sign Illarramendi. Carlo Ancelotti isn't gonna build the midfield with modric in mind. Its gonna be a Illarramendi, isco future with whoever is gonna be the b2b/dm mid. (pls not khedira.)

Sahin would only be free if we decide he's not good enough for us anymore. And what would Real want with him then lol?

dc89

Punch that shit or catch with your body. Fuck palming that thing.

I said in WhatsApp this is the first time i've ever had a any GK related injury. I used to play in net for my school, a bit of CB. Played RB for a local team too.

I even got a Stockport County Soccer School award for my GK'ing when I was a lad :p

Ouch, been down to A&E?

Nah, strapped it up to my ring finger. My mum is a nurse though. I'll see how it is in the morning.

3Sixty

Marian Pahars new Lativa manager.

Absolute legend. Shame injuries scuppered his career. Once joined me for a kickabout in my mates driveway.

Meier

The SAFC twitter is just posting endless USMNT trivia and it's getting on my wick. So desperate.

jaqen-deal-with-it-game-of-thrones.gif

R.e. Etihad expansion: If the tickets are sold, that's all that matters. 99.1% capacity last season in terms of sold tickets. City were less than €5m behind Arsenal for 6th most revenue in the world last season but about €38m behind Chelsea for 5th. Signed a lot of goofy deals lately that may have put us past AFC (hard to say since they got that new kit deal) but more seats will be necessary to push into top 5 I'm sure.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't sell out a stadium against a wee club, big whoop

Champions League might actually be better if a) you go through and b) people turn up

dc89

I love Fady and his back hand trolling :p

@FadyK85 said:
Man United bros, I feel you. We were set for a big player (Cavani) before a bigger club came swooping in (PSG). Thiago may still sign 4 MUFC

Only kidding Fady, you are not a troll. But keep up the nice work :D

Hixx

I see you and raise you.

784650746.jpg

This was hilarious, they packed the fans in to the bits the TV cameras would mostly see and then on odd-angle shots there'd be literally empty stands and you were lol'ing and I was lol'ing and 900 trillion fans

dc89

This was hilarious, they packed the fans in to the bits the TV cameras would mostly see and then on odd-angle shots there'd be literally empty stands and you were lol'ing and I was lol'ing and 900 trillion fans

Was probably at the end of the match and most importantly we'd already qualified loooooooooool

Try and engineer something else

Oh God City fans banging on about empty seats is nauseating.

Silly club.

I've graduated from Kermit's College of Banter. Don't take it too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom