• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Money saved? As if that matters to real Madrid. Lol
I am not fond of Madrid wasting money on players who won't play an important role, like modric for example.

Also trolling != truth. Some peeps prefer to live in their own bubbles than to see and understand perspectives different from their own.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic... What is Raiola upto? Him and Mendes... accursed influential agents.

Hixx

This reminds me of a school trip as a kid to Flamingo Land. Anyway my mate fell asleep, he was sitting in the seat in front. Didn't know he was a kip so I leaned forward to speak to him and he's asleep but he's got a bonk on! Laughed really loud and it woke him up, he was confused and then a lass noticed so he crossed his legs.

Oh, those were the days.

bud

i remember when united became champions a few months ago

it was after that game against newcastle

rvp was telling the reporter to look around him so that he too could see what an amazing sight it was, supporters were celebrating everywhere

but even before that, right after the ref had blown his whistle, half the stadium was already empty

this is what it means to be a big club

it means when you become champions you go home early because you don't want to miss the train back to your hometown

rvp was telling the reporter to look around him so that he too could see what an amazing sight it was, supporters were celebrating everywhere

but even before that, right after the ref had blown his whistle, half the stadium was already empty

it means when you become champions you go home early because you don't want to miss the train back to your hometown
We won the league against Aston Villa.

dc89

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

I love newspapers, title :

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic laments club missing out on Lewandowski and Cavani

Actual quote in the article :

"Of course they are great players and would have been great at Chelsea," Ivanovic said at a charity event hosted by World No.1 Novak Djokovic.

Hixx

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic laments club missing out on Lewandowski and Cavani

"Of course they are great players and would have been great at Chelsea," Ivanovic said at a charity event hosted by World No.1 Novak Djokovic.

I think Quiche posted this word for word earlier on. Spooky.

Clegg

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

We won the league against Aston Villa.

Merked

I sent the exact same thing to Hixx. Fucking ridiculous!

ah, it was against aston villa. i remember that rvp goal.

but whatever, the point still stands.

Manchester-United-v-Aston-Villa-Premier-League.jpg

Looks pretty full.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/revealed-manchester-uniteds-old-trafford-2592078

Crowds at Old Trafford are much lower than

the official attendance announced by United on matchdays, according to new police data.

Figures from Greater Manchester Police revealed under the Freedom of Information Act show the club did not have a crowd over 70,000 for a Premier League match this season, until last week’s derby with City.

But United regularly announce attendances in excess of 75,000.

The police data shows the average Old Trafford attendance is 10,000 fewer than the figures announced.

The FOI request was lodged with Greater Manchester Police by Reds Away, which runs a travel and news website and blog for United fans.

Reds Away said that – in common with most other clubs – United under FA rules must publish an ‘official attendance’, which includes those who bought a ticket whether or not they actually went to the game.

Greater Manchester Police, however, keeps a record of actual numbers who pass through the turnstiles.

The figures reveal a startling number of ticket-holders who do not show up.

The figures show that 66,005 fans watched the first Premier League home game against Fulham this season, but the club said the attendance was 75,352.

United announced the attendance at January’s clash with Southampton as 75,600, but the police figures show the actual crowd was 59,766 – a difference of 15,834.

Barring the recent derby, the largest actual crowd for a league game inside Old Trafford was 69,933 for the Liverpool game in January.

United recorded an attendance of 75,501.

The data covers all competitions, including the Champions League.

The police figures reveal just 33,409 watched the Capital One cup game against Newcastle in September, with the club claiming a gate of 46,358.

The largest disparity was revealed at United’s Champion’s League game with Cluj in December.

The GMP figures recorded a crowd of just 46,894, with the club claiming an attendance of 71,521.

This year’s record crowd came at the ill-fated Real Madrid Champions League tie last month, where the police figures reveal 72,299 fans attended. The club’s figure was 74,959, 2,660 higher.

Wilbur

Banned
I love getting the train home early safe in the knowledge I support a team that have won trophies in the last decade

Imagine staying in the emirates for twenty five minutes after the match ended and still not being given any silverware

I love getting the train home early safe in the knowledge I support a team that have won trophies in the last decade

Imagine staying in the emirates for twenty five minutes after the match ended and still not being given any silverware

Our fans are pretty shit.

There isn't much denying it.

But I mean...at least post stuff which might even resemble the truth lol.

bud

there were various interviews on the pitch after the game where it looked half of the people had already left and it's not like they were conducted a half hour later either

Wilbur

Banned
There was an article posted earlier today explaining this.

It's because 9,000 seats at Old Trafford are executive seats and the police don't count those.

Viva swatting bitter cunts away like flies of the small clubs they are. Newcastle. Arsenal. City. Who's next?

dc89

ah, it was against aston villa. i remember that rvp goal.

but whatever, the point still stands.

Yes. The point stands. Hey bud, only just noticed what happens if you mouse over your tag. xD

Kermit must have been a shit teacher then cos his banter was terrible

I hold my mentor in high esteem, do not speak ill about him.

Ah yes. The cold hard facts.

Turok_TTZ

Hey guys isn't Suarez great now that he is a madrid man? Surely now we will win la decima!
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
I will never stop pouring salt on to this particular wound. So damn funny it hurts to laugh.

Wilbur

Banned
Our fans are pretty shit.

There isn't much denying it.

But I mean...at least post stuff which might even resemble the truth lol.

Fuck yeah of course, there's going to be an astonishing amount of day trippers. But 65,000 fans is still more than any other club in England can fit, and twenty titles is more than any other club as well.

Go suck an egg. I'm in flash fire defensive mode. Ain't taking shit from Arsenal and City fans about shit crowds LOOOOOOOL

Kikarian

Hey guys isn't Suarez great now that he is a madrid man? Surely now we will win la decima!
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
I will never stop pouring salt on to this particular wound. So damn funny it hurts to laugh.
I can't wait for Suarez to leave. All the Liverpool fans defending a racist will start to hate him.

Turok_TTZ

Fuck yeah of course, there's going to be an astonishing amount of day trippers. But 65,000 fans is still more than any other club in England can fit, and twenty titles is more than any other club as well.

Go suck an egg. I'm in flash fire defensive mode. Ain't taking shit from Arsenal and City fans about shit crowds LOOOOOOOL

If it means anything Wilbur, manutd fans in my experience are the more decent blokes around than any other team fans of the donkey league.

Kikarian

I'm sorry, but this is a serious post. United away fans are the best in England. There's no denying it.

Sure our home Support is poor because with success comes day trippers. But Stretford end upper and parts of K Stand are loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom