• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Classic :)

Also, is there a Hudders fan in here? If so, you going to game on the 6th.

At work on the day unfortunately. Guess I'll have to read the match report in the Examiner as we once again confirm ourselves as the best team in Yorkshire.

Messi

eqxE4kr.jpeg

Was hungry. Went shopping. Mistake

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Several Major League Soccer teams are trying to eliminate a cheer during goal kicks and other moments in which fan groups will scream, "You suck a--hole!" Deadspin's Barry Petchesky revealed franchises like Real Salt Lake sent out letters asking supporters to stop using the cheer. If they didn't, there's the possibility of future sanctions.

But the Red Bulls may have found a way to eliminate it: according to Sports Illustrated's Brian Straus, the team told the Empire Supporters Club, the Garden State Ultras and the Viking Army that "$500 will be contributed to each for every home game during which 'YSA' isn't heard in Red Bull Arena's South Ward. The money will be doled out in $2,000 increments, meaning the stadium will have to be 'YSA' free for four games before the supporters are rewarded."

Eric Rios, a board member for one of the groups, says he sat down with the front office -- something that's done "every month or two months" -- and that the cheer has been "one of the hot topics." The idea of paying for the elimination of the so-called YSA chant is a way of working together with the groups, something Rios says is "a welcome signal that the team desires a harmonious, rather than an adversarial, relationship."

Will it work? Time's Sean Gregory wrote, "I'd be surprised if the MLS' efforts, while well-intentioned and understandable, pay off. The letters read like memos from the principal's office. If you're paying hard-earned money to go watch a soccer game, do you to be told what not to say? The threats could inspire a foul-mouthed response, just to get under MLS' skin."

http://www.nj.com/redbulls/index.ss...letive-filled_cheer.html#incart_flyout_sports

Lol 'you suck asshole' is the most offensive thing they could come up with! Good thing they aren't in any european competition or they'd be getting 9/11 planes mimed at them or something.

Lunchbox

Banned
Fuck Arsenal. Suarez? Seriously? I think Wenger is on drugs.

He has Gatorade for AFTER the workouts.

those are G2s, highest calorie count out of the 3 variants to keep you hydrated DURING workouts

..............but atleast its the "diet" versions though! 79 calories per sip instead of the usual 80!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Suarez will be the next Henry at Arsenal. Really, they should've bought a player like him immediately after RVP left. Very good move if true.

Plus there's lots more black people in London to use 'friendly terms' with.

Turok_TTZ

Was hungry. Went shopping. Mistake
Even by junk food standards, ur taste in junk food is junk.
If I was gonna waste money on junk I would buy a box of Carlos V chocolate bars, goto burger king for a cinnabon and a whopper, purchase sour straws and bacon. and finally, beef jerky. I would put the cinnabon with the beef patty, add my own bacon to the lettuce, place the chocolate bars at the bottomside of the beefpatty, sour straws on top of the bun because I just feel like it, and consume. Beef jerky for dessert.

if yer gonna pig it out, pig out like a champ.

Going shopping hungry really is the worst thing you can do.

Also when you get home you have to sit and think for a few minutes about what to open first.

It's very rare you feel satisfied with your choice.

Suarez will be the next Henry at Arsenal. Really, they should've bought a player like him immediately after RVP left. Very good move if true.

Plus there's lots more black people in London to use 'friendly terms' with.
Bu bu bu bu but I thought Walcott was supposed to be the next Henry?

L1NETT

There was an article posted earlier today explaining this.

It's because 9,000 seats at Old Trafford are executive seats and the police don't count those.

I am probably am repeating myself, but attendances are lower than what is announced for one reason. Clubs count ALL season tickets as present when announcing the attendances, regardless if they turn up or not. The Emirates is rarely sold out, but they will tell you it is and more and more season ticket holders did not turn up in large patches last season.

Also, I wish the PL did what the Bundesliga did. The prices are outrageous. A grand for a season ticket at the Arsenal to watch Gervinho. Daylight robbery.

At work on the day unfortunately. Guess I'll have to read the match report in the Examiner as we once again confirm ourselves as the best team in Yorkshire.

Haha bring it. Should be a cracking atmoshpere. Will be similar to the match against the Leeds scum a few years ago, gonna go with 3-2 to us.

Lunchbox

Banned
This is not new guys. I do it every year. Always get rid of it in the weeks after trip

stuff your body with junk to decrease your lifespan, get diabetes and high blood pressure by binge eating, then put even extra pressure on your body later by trying to lose it all in a short span.

you will fit right in with the american south

VM7NKYX.png

Turok_TTZ

Beef Jerky, fuck that shit. Tastes like Gandhi's flip flop.

you haven't had decent jerky,

Sometimes when I used to eat junkfood like the rest of ye blokes, I make myself a burger, add melted chocolate, sharp cheddar, iceburg lettuce, cinnamon, peanut butter, grape jelly, sour straws, and pecan cinnamon rolls!

I nearly died and went to heaven.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't added Vulva and Willkiller yet damn

When I can be fucked to stand up and get my 3DS it's on

Can't wait to Poke you bitches

bud

This is not new guys. I do it every year. Always get rid of it in the weeks after trip

so you're trying to lose weight, but every year you gain weight only to lose it again later...? that makes no sense.

you live in ireland right that's kinda like middle earth in new zealand at least that's what i'd like to believe i bet there ar elots of open green fields and mountains and shit so go grab a sword and go out running and pretend you're aragon and when you come back i want you to make your own diet plan where you eat at a 500 calorie deficit and get plenty of protein every day because you're gonna work out and you're gonna be a big strong muscular man and you're going to fuck lots of dudes man come on you can do it

Messi

stuff your body with junk to decrease your lifespan and get diabetes and high blood pressure by binge eating, then put even extra pressure on your body later by trying to lose it all in a short span.

you will fight right in with the american south

VM7NKYX.png

I work out 11 months of the year and eat right. Let me have my time :(

Lay off bros.

Messi has clearly lost plenty of weight, it's clear from the pics he's shared with us.

If he can manage to have 2 weeks where he let's himself go but then rein it back in, more power to him, it means he's in control.

Tc91

you haven't had decent jerky,

Sometimes when I used to eat junkfood like the rest of ye blokes, I make myself a burger, add melted chocolate, sharp cheddar, iceburg lettuce, cinnamon, peanut butter, grape jelly, sour straws, and pecan cinnamon rolls!

I nearly died and went to heaven.

Aye probably not, I live in England so we probably don't get the same shit you guys in the US get.

I had Jack Links.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Footy-GAF, who's the Adrian Wojnarowski and Adam Schefter of transfers?

Translation: a highly credible, accurate, and usually first in breaking news journalist?

I'm tired of reading for 30 days straight: "CAVANI DEAL DONE!"

Wilbur

Banned

Translation: a highly credible, accurate, and usually first in breaking news journalist?

Doesn't exist. Apologies.

KillerITK is your best bet

Dazzler

different guys have links with different clubs. I don't think there's one overall Schefter style figure. I trust Ben Smith from the BBC and Tony Evans of the Times when it comes to Liverpool news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom