• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
BO-V-LtCAAEB9X5.png:large

Fergie

Banned
Biggest transfer news of the summer, Romeu joins Valencia on loan:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3235979/title/romeu-starts-loan-in-spain
Probably better for him, he seems to have potential from the matches I saw him in.

The dialogue is terribad. :lol Made me laugh a couple of times.

Barring the dialogue and acting, the sense of scale is phenomenal. The fight scenes are damn entertaining and it's a truly impressive film visually.

Can't wait, I can take bad dialogue.

LTWheels

shit, EVO starts in a hour or so. if i disappear, it's because i'm glued to the stream.

It starts in two more hours right? Looking forward to it. Interested in more Killer Instinct impressions as well. I'll probably watch till 17:00 PST which is about 1am here in the UK. I watched quite a fair bit last year. I think the most exciting bit was the KoFXIII finals. Don't normally watch KoF, but the grand final was really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAQi1N6nh_g

Kikarian

Some people are clueless. They reckon Suarez may come to us. For one, Liverpool wouldn't sell him to us and secondly we wouldn't want him because of the Evra case.

GorillaJu

I just can't watch Evo 2013. I can't bring myself to give money to Mr Wizard. I really hate that fucker. He'll bleed the community dry before he ever does something for anyone but himself.

Spot on. Looking at the Cricket team (perhaps exclusive the first test on that, haha), Murray, Rugby team in recent history, some decent Golfers I think… the olympics…

Our football team is an incredible stain on our nation. They don't give a shit, they play shit and the worst thing of all is that we've had enough talented players to do better than we do.

Watching them is incredibly frustrating (even if we did beat Spain, lololol) because of how bad they are. Capello was a particular bad egg though, all that money they paid him and we were so fucking bad.

No way are the women technically as good as the men. We're shit, but only compared to other men's teams.

And even if they were, just get Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney to lob it over the keeper's head. For some reason female goalkeepers are incapable of jumping more than a foot off the ground :p

Suen

Morata + Jesé. Sell Benzemalo and get Bale.

Higuaín to stay trolling.
A big risk but if Morata and Jesé would turn out to even be better then we did a really good choice. Still think we should keep Benz for another season though. I'm already very excited about the next season, we've bought three young and promising players who will not only contribute to us on the pitch now but they can become the key players in the future squad of Madrid. Carvajal, Isco and Illarramendi, all great signings. Illa staying in Sociedad would have been nice because Sociedad is in CL and they played really good in La Liga last season so I kinda wanted to see how good they'd do in CL but then he's a target who's had to resist.

The only thing left now would be to get a striker or Bale and we'd be set but I won't be too disappointed if we don't get any new striker. If Higuain leaves we can give Benz the main role and give Morata and Jesé more time as well, not as bad as some make it seem but I still think a top striker should have been one of our first targets to take some pressure off CR7 and to threaten more upfront and score more goals of course. If we'd sign Bale then I wouldn't care about a striker anymore for the coming season :p But like I've said before I think us getting Bale this summer seems less likely now but who knows.

Woman's football is still leagues behind the men's. Watched the woman's FA cup final a few weeks back and it was laughably bad. In fact, I did have a giggle on one occasion.

/Keys&Gray

When I first came here I was incredibly fascinated by this place, now I've bottled some hate for some of you. I can't explain why, just can't stand some here. I wish I was a little nicer sometimes.

When I first came here I was incredibly fascinated by this place, now I've bottled some hate for some of you. I can't explain why, just can't stand some here. I wish I was a little nicer sometimes.

On a serious note, this is just the brooding misanthropy that comes with replacing Alex Ferguson with David Moyes. It'll pass when you get used to battling us for 6th every season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom