• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Phantom going on and on about Illara not costing what he did was pretty funny.

“The price is €32.19m, plus €6.759m in VAT, which amounts to a total of €38,949,900, which is what Madrid have placed with the LFP.”

For dc and Bumhead (I think he's the Wednesday fan, right?): We've sold Jeremy Helan to them for good. No fee disclosed but I hope we tossed some sell-in option in. He seems like a quality player.

I don't have a PC :/

I absolutely love it, and I'm usually quite stingy on buying games :p really hard and really addicting, its one of those games where you die all the time but can restart so quickly you just play one more time over and over again. I can see it having quite a lot of replay value too because its just really fun to play

Edit: Definitely my favourite soundtrack as well, so good

Meier

I don't get hating people from a message board. I roll my eyes at some people and their posts but life is too short to get upset at trivial stuff. YOLO! ;)

Wilbur

Banned
ITT: Certain peeps and haters are easily fooled and are going to be severely disappointed.

However, My point about tactics still stands. Fanatical football forums discuss tactics even during the offseason rather than talk of shitty shows or unattractive women, no excuses footygaf.

We talk about plenty here. Plus we're not just made up of one team fans. Just because we talk about other things doesn't mean we don't talk about football as well.

I imagine Carlo deploying a 4-3-2-1 to start off. dude has a penchant for narrow formations.
Ideally if he did go with that formation, This is what I would do:

He played 4-2-3-1 at PSG and a variation of the diamond at Chelsea; he won't switch from the 4-2-3-1 at Madrid, at least not at first. Isco will drop back and make it a nominal 4-3-3 when you need help in the middle but by and large he'll be behind whoever plays up front (although I'd probably play him on the right and Ozil behind the striker).

Casillas will walk straight back into the team and I have no idea why Arsenal haven't bid for Diego Lopez yet. Alonso will continue to play often despite some thoughts that he'll be rotated, but Ancelotti won't be afraid of using someone older like with Pirlo or Beckham, especially someone as intelligent as Alonso. One of Khedira or Modric will move on next summer as the loser in who gets the most game time along with Illarimendi.

Marcelo and Carvajal are a massive improvement over Arbeloa and Coentrao

pulga

Banned
daaaaaaamn :lol

People that don't like me:
Turok
Timu
Sleepless

Oh, Im only kidding! I love having this crazy bastard around to make me seem like the sane Madrid fan

I am SO happy about Illarramendi joining us!

All we need now is a striker but we'll probably try one more time for Bale.
Also, all good luck to Callejón!

Right now our squad looks like this:

01 - Iker Casillas
02 - Raphael Varane
03 - Pepe
04 - Sergio Ramos
05 - Fabio Coentrao*
06 - Sami Khedira
07 - Cristiano Ronaldo
08 - Kaká
09 - Karim Benzema
10 - Mesut Özil
11 -
12 - Marcelo
13 - Diego Lopez
14 - Xabi Alonso
15 - Dani Carvajal
16 -
17 - Alvaro Arbeloa
18 - Raúl Albiol
19 - Luka Modric
20 - Gonzalo Higuaín*
21 -
22 - Angél Di María
23 - Isco
24 - Nacho Fernandez
25 - Antonio Adán*
27 - Jesé Rodriguez
29 - Alvaro Morata
38 - Casemiro
00 - Asier Illarramendi

Those with a star (*) will probably be sold.

Formation TIME!

4-3-3

-----------------Iker
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
--------Illarra - Alonso - Modric
--------Isco - Ronaldo - Ozil

Would love to see something like this sometime this season, put all our jugones together!

arkon

I don't get hating people from a message board. I roll my eyes at some people and their posts but life is too short to get upset at trivial stuff. YOLO! ;)

I wish I could be as cool as you, Meier. I can't help but be bothered by it sometimes.

Wilbur

Banned
You know what? Fuck it. You asshole are gonna eat the poison and you're gonna die a painful death and you're gonna take your asshole roach brothers and sisters with you.

You're not gonna ruin my evening, you're not gonna ruin my weekend, you're not gonna ruin my life. You're just a fucking roach.

:looooooool

Oh, Im only kidding! I love having this crazy bastard around to make me seem like the sane Madrid fan

Formation TIME!

4-3-3

-----------------Iker
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
--------Illarra - Alonso - Modric
--------Isco - Ronaldo - Ozil

Would love to see something like this sometime this season, put all our jugones together!

Ronaldo plays up front for Portugal sometimes doesn't he?

arkon

You know what? Fuck it. You asshole are gonna eat the poison and you're gonna die a painful death and you're gonna take your asshole roach brothers and sisters with you.

You're not gonna ruin my evening, you're not gonna ruin my weekend, you're not gonna ruin my life. You're just a fucking roach.

That's no way to talk to the Man United fans. Haven't they suffered enough?

pulga

Banned
:looooooool

Ronaldo plays up front for Portugal sometimes doesn't he?

I believe Ronaldo needs to be made a pure striker as he ages and he can't run as fast as he's done all these years. Plus, he'll be infinitely better at it than Benzema or Higuain.

Zabojnik

Has there been a Jovetic update?

He'll be a City player before the end of next week. Mark my words.

I think I used to be likeable. But I'm also pretty sure that many people don't like me anymore. They can't deal with BAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEERN.

Well, at least you're aware of your downfall as a poster. :( You used to be really cool, Bla. These days is just BAYEEEERN, LOLOLOLOLOLOL, WE'RE THE BEST, LOLOLOL, DORTMUND IS SHIT, LOLOLOLOL.

If Vidal and Pogba don't play with Juve this season :lol

Why wouldn't they?

Meier

A few young German players who have stood out in my Sheffield United save:

Julian Brandt from Wolfsburg who I picked up on a free after the 2013-2014 season and has been solid for me as a left winger for a few seasons. Has 2 assists in my first 4 games of 2016-2017.

Kevin Volland from Hoffenheim who Chelsea paid $55m for in January 2015.

Hixx

I totally thought you were talking about a poster in here. And I went back and checked to see which one LOL

Turok_TTZ

We talk about plenty here. Plus we're not just made up of one team fans. Just because we talk about other things doesn't mean we don't talk about football as well.

He played 4-2-3-1 at PSG and a variation of the diamond at Chelsea; he won't switch from the 4-2-3-1 at Madrid, at least not at first. Isco will drop back and make it a nominal 4-3-3 when you need help in the middle but by and large he'll be behind whoever plays up front (although I'd probably play him on the right and Ozil behind the striker).

Casillas will walk straight back into the team and I have no idea why Arsenal haven't bid for Diego Lopez yet. Alonso will continue to play often despite some thoughts that he'll be rotated, but Ancelotti won't be afraid of using someone older like with Pirlo or Beckham, especially someone as intelligent as Alonso. One of Khedira or Modric will move on next summer as the loser in who gets the most game time along with Illarimendi.

Marcelo and Carvajal are a massive improvement over Arbeloa and Coentrao

If you have observed PSG since Carlo first took over, you would know that he tried with the 4-3-2-1 at first and kept losing matches becuz of it and ended up losing the ligue title to montpellier due to his insistence on it 2 seasons ago. he tried the christmas tree with chelsea as well when he started out there.

I can say with full confidence he will try his 4-3-2-1 first. and with our players, it could actually work this time around. I would have said he would stick with the 4-2-3-1 but then he said this in his first press conference: "I want Real madrid to control the play."
To control play, a 3 man midfield is required, double pivot wouldn't work imo. maybe with a 4-2-2-2 it could work but I don't see it. We do not have the players to make a double pivot work and control the play. In order to control play with just a double pivot, we would need Someone such as Vidal lol.

Diego Lopez wants to stay and fight for a spot that he rightfully won. If it means bringing casillas back to his best form, I am more than happy to see Diego remain. with Carlo Ancelotti being coy on whether Casillas will get his spot back, I think Carlo will be a fair man and give Diego a chance.

The following lineup is going to trash CSKA tomorrow.

------------------------Lodigin----------------------
Anyukov---Lombaerts---Neto---Hubocan
------------------Witsel---Tymo------------------
-----------------------Failzulin----------------------
Shava--------------------------------------Danny
---------------------Kerzhamiss------------------

3-0, Kerzhattrick, BOOK IT!

Turok_TTZ

I believe Ronaldo needs to be made a pure striker as he ages and he can't run as fast as he's done all these years. Plus, he'll be infinitely better at it than Benzema or Higuain.

You and I both know he doesn't want to play CF. CR7 made this clear several times. Plus, he is more effective where he is at anyways,

@ ElTopo You have roach problems mate? perhaps I can help, what are you using?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mptv4yko2b1rov6xlo2_r1_250.gif

Wilbur

Banned
If you have observed PSG since Carlo first took over, you would know that he tried with the 4-3-2-1 at first and kept losing matches becuz of it and ended up losing the ligue title to montpellier due to his insistence on it 2 seasons ago. he tried the christmas tree with chelsea as well when he started out there.

I can say with full confidence he will try his 4-3-2-1 first. and with our players, it could actually work this time around. I would have said he would stick with the 4-2-3-1 but then he said this in his first press conference: "I want Real madrid to control the play."
To control play, a 3 man midfield is required, double pivot wouldn't work imo. maybe with a 4-2-2-2 it could work but I don't see it. We do not have the players to make a double pivot work and control the play. In order to control play with just a double pivot, we would need Someone such as Vidal lol.

Diego Lopez wants to stay and fight for a spot that he rightfully won. If it means bringing casillas back to his best form, I am more than happy to see Diego remain. with Carlo Ancelotti being coy on whether Casillas will get his spot back, I think Carlo will be a fair man and give Diego a chance.

I can't see him playing three in midfield and leaving both Khedira and Modric out. Fair enough Illarimendi is a mini Alonso but a bit more of a battler, so that's Khedira sorted. But he'll probably want Isco up nearer the goal or out wide for defensive work which Ozil will shun. Di Maria's defensive diligence gets overlooked I think and it's a key reason that Ronaldo and Ozil are able to shine, because without ADM Madrid would be overworked on all three flanks.

Carlo's a brighter man than me but if he's playing three in the middle, I'd be surprised if Modric wasn't one of them.

Tc91

I absolutely love it, and I'm usually quite stingy on buying games :p really hard and really addicting, its one of those games where you die all the time but can restart so quickly you just play one more time over and over again. I can see it having quite a lot of replay value too because its just really fun to play

Edit: Definitely my favourite soundtrack as well, so good

Yeah it's fucking glorious that soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1p6eV2_Ns

Love it when that comes on and your just running in over and over and over giving no fucks just killing everything.

Pick it up Freewheelin' it's a awesome game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom