• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
You and I both know he doesn't want to play CF. CR7 made this clear several times. Plus, he is more effective where he is at anyways,

@ ElTopo You have roach problems mate? perhaps I can help, what are you using?

That's why I said as he ages. He'll eventually become a less effective winger and thats when he needs to be coached to play CF.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pulga, how you feel about Benzema? Would you sell him if it was up to you?

And could you describe him in two words please?

Turok_TTZ

I can't see him playing three in midfield and leaving both Khedira and Modric out. Fair enough Illarimendi is a mini Alonso but a bit more of a battler, so that's Khedira sorted. But he'll probably want Isco up nearer the goal or out wide for defensive work which Ozil will shun. Di Maria's defensive diligence gets overlooked I think and it's a key reason that Ronaldo and Ozil are able to shine, because without a DM Madrid would be overworked on all three flanks.

Carlo's a brighter man than me but if he's playing three in the middle, I'd be surprised if Modric wasn't one of them.

I can only see Modric playing if Alonso is on the bench. Ozil can't play cm but Isco can. Yeah I do agree on Ozil shunning the defensive work he is expected of but I hope Carlo changes this. Di maria's defensive workrate is excellent I do agree, something cr7 and ozil should learn. too bad I don't see di maria starting. Ozil is a better attacker than him imo. plus a better passer. di maria passing is quite shady at times and most of the time when he does attack, he dribbles himself out of play or straight into a defender and loses the ball.

Illarramendi was a dm to begin with but yes, this is why I want one more signing. specifically a dm signing. I would prefer a Illarramendi, dm, isco midfield. I want my midfield to be mobile and capable. Sure quite inexperienced, but I think they got what it takes. Kondogbia would be an interesting option. but I am not sure of madrid's plans right now.

That's why I said as he ages. He'll eventually become a less effective winger and thats when he needs to be coached to play CF.
CR7 is the stubborn type. He actually clashed with Mourinho over this. He is also adverse to being a cf due to his poor performance as a cf with portugal somee years ago. I don't see his adversity to being cf changing anytime soon.

LTWheels

blind guy lost pretty bad. Now he is in losers. Also the guy he played against used the same character. Must have been really hard for the blind guy to distinguish the sound.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd agree with you about Ozil > Di Maria, but whether in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 (both of which are essentially the same thing depending on whether Isco pushes up or not), you have Ozil and Ronaldo defending Marcelo and Carvajal, which is just asking for trouble.

Even if Young and Valencia are fucking appalling, they do good defensive work. So while we go completely in one way, I fear (read dont give a shit lol) Madrid are going entirely the other and ignoring defensive work on the flanks. Illarimendi will have his work cut out for him trying to help both flanks as well as Alonso if he's being pressed.

Oxx

I bought X-Com even though my Mac is well below the min spec.

Even if it doesn't run it's probably still better than the ios version.

Turok_TTZ

Utter shit.
Haters continue to hate. tell kinnear i said hi.
I give up. Poison do your work.

The exterminator put some gel in many corners and gave me adhesive pheromone traps. I put another trap closer to the small opening of the toeboard, so that they're almost forced to go in there. I'm gonna let the poison do the work.

Edit:
Okay, there's even more roaches there. I hope at least some of them walk in there.

If those fail then I suggest this: The Only Solution to the Roach Menace
I used to have roaches back in the last place I lived in and this thing here killed them all in 1-2 months. this product takes time to work. but it is time worth waiting. decimates the entire roach menace and also works as a detterent against future roaches.

Still was pretty incredible. Managed to get 1 round against Jax. He would have won the last game if he knew how much health he had left.

It says it all the only two people who managed to beat him are previous top 8ers.

Yeah, definitely.

Hope he comes back next year.

dc89

Who needs Pacific Rift.

JM7 V Garcia.

945674_10153022748440455_1689392340_n.jpg

Zabojnik

He was fucking worse than Padoin and had a shit attitude. Good riddance.

I can see him doing alright at Inter, if they'll play in the same vein as Udinese. He's really only good for counter-attacking football. Technically, he's fucking terrible, which is something that escaped me before I saw him play with our shirt.

6-7M€, pay up, Merde.

Hnnnng.

Must...not...post...link...to...hot....Lawrence...gallery...

Post then quick edit? :p or if not PM pls I'd love you 5eva

Edit: Ramadan bros, is everyone on holiday for Ramadan? Because I probably couldn't handle it anyway, but if I had to work all day as well it'd be insane.

Anyone seen Storage Hunters? Everyone seems horrible

Gonna cancel my music channel sub on Sky. Fucking terrible.

edit: Seems to have been absorbed into the Entertainment Package, might as well keep them then

Clegg

A miraculously uninjured Davide Petrucci.

You'd have to think that this is his last season to impress for us. He'll be shipped out if he has a disappointing loan spell or gets injured again. That would be a shame because he showed a lot of potential before injured robbed him of two seasons worth of development.

67B2AD82E97F473A83C7687E25D18C6C.ashx

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can see him doing alright at Inter, if they'll play in the same vein as Udinese. He's really only good for counter-attacking football. Technically, he's fucking terrible, which is something that escaped me before I saw him play with our shirt.

6-7M€, pay up, Merde.
Marry "We don’t intend to take Inter’s offer into consideration."

1-Their offer was too low.
2-It's fucking Inter.

I want 9 mill and not a million less.

Edit: Actually fuck that, I want one more million.

LTWheels

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m
Sky Sources: Owner of NFL franchise Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan agrees deal to buy Fulham. More on #SSN

Bye bye Michael Jackson statue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom