• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintin

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m
Sky Sources: Owner of NFL franchise Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan agrees deal to buy Fulham. More on #SSN

Bye bye Michael Jackson statue?
Can't wait for Fulham to get an awful new cartoon logo just like the jags.

kharma45

He was never going to leave Southampton.

I think he agreed to sign the 5 year contract months ago but he wasn't legally able to sign until he turned 18.

Ah didn't know he had done a pre-contract thing. Still, would be a good signing he we could tempt him away and tempt Southampton to sell.

Baines is the best LB in the league. United fans are crazy if they don't want him on their team regardless of his age.

i would like him but he's not a long term option really. Neither is RVP I guess though.

Meier

i would like him but he's not a long term option really. Neither is RVP I guess though.

Honestly, most of United's team aren't. I would imagine most would replace nearly their entire team in a heartbeat given the chance. de Gea, Rafael, Jones (maybe) and Shinji are probably the only "long term" options. They're a team made up of mostly good, squad type players who played well together under a great coach.

Clegg

Chicha is friends with Eva Longoria?

proxy.jpg

Baines is the best LB in the league. United fans are crazy if they don't want him on their team regardless of his age.

It's not that we don't want him, it's that we REALLY need a good midfielder. Valencia and Cleverley are such weak links that most teams learnt by the end of the last season that shutting them off will cause our team to implode.

Turok_TTZ

Edit:
Thanks Turok_TTZ, but pretty much everything effective is forbidden (for normal people) in Germany. Either way, talking to the exterminator really helped cool me down. Nice guy.

wth? can yer exterminator get it for you or he can''t get it either? why is it forbidden?

Turok_TTZ

I'd agree with you about Ozil > Di Maria, but whether in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 (both of which are essentially the same thing depending on whether Isco pushes up or not), you have Ozil and Ronaldo defending Marcelo and Carvajal, which is just asking for trouble.

Even if Young and Valencia are fucking appalling, they do good defensive work. So while we go completely in one way, I fear (read dont give a shit lol) Madrid are going entirely the other and ignoring defensive work on the flanks. Illarimendi will have his work cut out for him trying to help both flanks as well as Alonso if he's being pressed.

If Carlo Ancelotti has balls, he would do well to get Ozil and CR7 to track back. We will see soon enough. Carlo Ancelotti has quite a rep for making sure the defensive structure of his teams being tight. I would see a 4-3-3 probably since you can seamlessly switch from that to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 and back with the right players. could probably even switch to a 4-1-4-1 if you don't play alonso and play modric instead. It's true, Isco pushing up would change that 4-3-2-1 to a 4-2-3-1. it all depends whether we play on the defensive or on the offensive or just slowing down and control.

but enough of madrid tactics. How would manutd look under moyes? same stuff with everton or is he gonna do something different?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro's new haircut:

God damn I cannot wait for the NLD. Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshire up against 3 blokes who look like professional hitmen from Guadalajara.

Interesting that Fayed has finally sold up. It was obvious he had stopped wanting to put money into the club so it's a good thing. Jol really didn't have much to work with last season despite the £25m they got for Deuce and Dembele.

Wilbur

Banned
Vulva if you want the ticket, go for it. I was looking at tickets the other day but they were like 55 for one :/

If Carlo Ancelotti has balls, he would do well to get Ozil and CR7 to track back. We will see soon enough. Carlo Ancelotti has quite a rep for making sure the defensive structure of his teams being tight. I would see a 4-3-3 probably since you can seamlessly switch from that to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 and back with the right players. could probably even switch to a 4-1-4-1 if you don't play alonso and play modric instead. It's true, Isco pushing up would change that 4-3-2-1 to a 4-2-3-1. it all depends whether we play on the defensive or on the offensive or just slowing down and control.

but enough of madrid tactics. How would manutd look under moyes? same stuff with everton or is he gonna do something different?

We'll look similar. Everton lined up similar to us anyway. Lots of work from full backs, flat fours, someone playing off a front man. We won't change at all in most matches but I'm interested to see how he manages away games at the likes of City and Chelsea.

Turok_TTZ

Vulva if you want the ticket, go for it. I was looking at tickets the other day but they were like 55 for one :/

We'll look similar. Everton lined up similar to us anyway. Lots of work from full backs, flat fours, someone playing off a front man. We won't change at all in most matches but I'm interested to see how he manages away games at the likes of City and Chelsea.

as long as he doesn't do a mourinho and switches to 3 man defense when attack fails miserably, Moyes would do just fine. that midfield of manutd should be upgraded though.
If moyes is smart, Kondogbia And/or Felliani.

Sandro's new haircut:

God damn I cannot wait for the NLD. Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshire up against 3 blokes who look like professional hitmen from Guadalajara.

Interesting that Fayed has finally sold up. It was obvious he had stopped wanting to put money into the club so it's a good thing. Jol really didn't have much to work with last season despite the £25m they got for Deuce and Dembele.

Wilshere will make the other 5 look like a bunch of mugs

L1NETT

Enjoy Wembley if you go to the Charity Shield

Both times I went last year THEY PLAY REALLY LOUD MUSIC BEFORE the game so there is no good atmosphere or build up. The PA is deafening, can barely hear yourself think.

Come on city...DON'T YOU WORRY DON'T YOU WORRY CHILD

fuenf

The roach is eating the poison. LET THE GENOCIDE BEGIN!

I asked the exterminator. I better not move out before the 3rd treatment, which is in... I don't know...five weeks? I'm gonna scout apartments though. I think I don't want to stay here anyway, no matter how great the location and price.

iMKL4nYTRfrQo.gif

What I don't understand though is, if you cant move out because the roaches would carry over, doesnt that basically mean that you would already be spreading them by going out of the house?

Turok_TTZ

Roberto mancini is some drunken gambler who has no real system of football. Pellegrini is quite an upgrade for Manchester City. If pellegrini manages to setup his system quickly, sorry wilbur but I see city at the summit for the epl title this upcoming season. Pellegrini is that good a coach. Only reason mourinho spanked pellegrini back in spain was only because of the sheer talent gap between madrid and malaga.

Mourinho's return to the epl will be shortly ruined courtesy of Pellegrini, mark my words.

Nah bro.

Go for it. I'm planning on going with a mate that's why I was hesitant to take it up.

Hopefully we can meet up on the day and celebrate the glory Moyes will bestow upon us.

fuenf

It's possible. That said, I never leave my backpack open and I regularly check if anything in there moves and in worst case I'm still "only" carrying a single on elsewhere. The exterminator said I wouldn't have to worry about that. Still I put my notebook in a (closable) sleeve before I sleep and try to take longer walks before I go to the office.

Apparently it's not possible for me to spread eggs though. The problem with moving is that you're likely not gonna just carry one roach with you but many.

that's crazy. respect, i couldnt live like that.

Batigol

Banned
Actually surprised no one is in for Gustavo. He was a never a starter for Bayern as it is, but with Thiago, he's barely gonna play.

Looked good for Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom