• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pen from Coutinho.

ie3DBbzFJh2Zs.gif

How much longer are United going to have these "659m followers" if the fickle "followers" have to watch the likes of Welbeck, Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley and old man Giggs, while signing players from Championship and Uruguayan youth teams.

GorillaJu

How much longer are United going to have these "659m followers" if the fickle "followers" have to watch the likes of Welbeck, Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley and old man Giggs, while signing players from Championship and Uruguayan youth teams.

You're going to fit in nicely, here.

GorillaJu

Assaidi seems like he deserves a bit more time on the pitch - but I suppose for an impact sub you want someone a bit more pacey and direct.

Fiorentina signed Ilicic, yet another attacking player (a CAM).

Surely they have to sell both Jovetic and Ljajic at this point? I don't buy the rumours of Ljajic renewing his deal. Seems to me that Ilicic would be a direct replacement for Ljajic.

Feorax

Assaidi seems like he deserves a bit more time on the pitch - but I suppose for an impact sub you want someone a bit more pacey and direct.

He's probably about the same skill level as Sterling, but unfortunately about 6 years older.

Impressed with Toure so far.

GorillaJu

He's probably about the same skill level as Sterling, but unfortunately about 6 years older.

Impressed with Toure so far.

That's a fair point.

Toure is, and has always been, a solid defender. He may not be a Thiago Silva, but for a free transfer I think you could do much worse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is by far the best football community I've ever been a part of.

It really is.
It's even better during the season.
Fiorentina signed Ilicic, yet another attacking player (a CAM).

Surely they have to sell both Jovetic and Ljajic at this point? I don't buy the rumours of Ljajic renewing his deal. Seems to me that Ilicic would be a direct replacement for Ljajic.

Jovecity is done. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's a fair point.

Toure is, and has always been, a solid defender. He may not be a Thiago Silva, but for a free transfer I think you could do much worse.

He's got the experience, that's what matters. It's like when we signed Gallas. We got two good seasons out of him before his legs gave out.

Jovecity is done. :(

Yeah, Fiorentina really hustled Shitty with that one.

I was more addressing Ljajic though. A lot of rumors in the past couple of days that he is on the verge of signing a renewal with Fioentina. It just doesn't make any sense to me now that they signed Ilicic. They have way too many attacking players.

Disclaimer: This is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

GorillaJu

Yeah, Fiorentina really hustled Shitty with that one.

I was more addressing Ljajic though. A lot of rumors in the past couple of days that he is on the verge of signing a renewal with Fioentina. It just doesn't make any sense to me now that they signed Ilicic. They have way too many attacking players.

Disclaimer: This is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

As a Serie A fan who do you rate more, Pjanic or Ljajic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom