• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif
I really dislike where they ended. I loved the dynamics between Hannibal and Will Graham at the start, you knowing that Hannibal knows a lot more and even is behind some of the murders. Graham spiralling out of control in to madness was done really well, but it changes what I liked about the show the most. The detective work.

Did a dark skinned fella show up in episode 6?
Hey I like these jokes to have at least a bit of sense you know.

Garjon

That was a fucking hilarious challenge there, a rhino charge.

WTF? It's a pre season friendly with Preston and we're STILL getting Ray Winstone Bet365 ads?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our start to the season is pretty difficult. I'm going to bet some money on Moyes being the first manager to get the sack.

That's not going to happen. Moyes will be given time just like Fergie was at first.

K1LLER7

Don't want to score.....play Welbeck up front.

Meh performance.

Great to see Adnan styling.

Zaha looks good.

Midfield needs improvement.

Clegg

Carrick forgetting how to pass. Jones brought on in midfield and doing fuck all.

Attack breaking down in the final third.Squandering possession in midfield.

Welbeck shitting it in front of goal. This is unacceptable. Never would have happened under Fergie.

Moyes out.

Wilbur

Banned
Cool. I'm happy for the Thai team and fans, some of them will be delighted by that.

Hard to take too much stock. No DDG, Shinji, Rooney, Valencia, Vidic or RVP. Welbeck up front by himself when normally he plays off someone for us. The heat, the rustiness. Fuck it, its pre-season innit.

Zaha looked alright when he came on and had that cracking shot, Adnan looked well bright in the first half and a few times in the second; I hope he's a regular around the first team squad this season. Everyone else crap but I don't give a solitary fuck and neither should anyone on GAF.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really dislike where they ended. I loved the dynamics between Hannibal and Will Graham at the start, you knowing that Hannibal knows a lot more and even is behind some of the murders. Graham spiralling out of control in to madness was done really well, but it changes what I liked about the show the most. The detective work.

Spoilers

I see where you're coming from. But when I started watching the show I didn't want a CSI ripoff with a friendly Hannibal in it, or a monster of the week show. I wanted a focused story to follow!

Cool. I'm happy for the Thai team and fans, some of them will be delighted by that.

Hard to take too much stock. No DDG, Shinji, Rooney, Valencia, Vidic or RVP. Welbeck up front by himself when normally he plays off someone for us. The heat, the rustiness. Fuck it, its pre-season innit.

Zaha looked alright when he came on and had that cracking shot, Adnan looked well bright in the first half and a few times in the second; I hope he's a regular around the first team squad this season. Everyone else crap but I don't give a solitary fuck and neither should anyone on GAF.

Fabio was pretty good too.

Wilbur

Banned
You expect your players to have enough quality to beat a Thai all-star team, regardless of fitness.

There's a distinct lack of quality in this side.

It's the same team that won the Premier League title

"bu bu there's no quality in the premier league" will probably be next.

I expect a team that can beat Arsenal 8-2 not to lose 6-1 to a Man City side who lost 1-0 to Sunderland. But that's the way football works. There's no definitive result. And its a friendly match in the middle of Thailand, where the opposition are halfway through their season, fit and used to playing in the heat. Genuinely, if you read too much into results like this then you might as well not follow the sport at all.

Bo-Locks

What an awful game haha.

Hopefully this will have made things clearer for Moyes. Januzaj is ready for the first team, we don't need Baines, and our midfield is diabolical. Spunk £60m on Gundogan and Fellaini if that's what it takes, because this shit has gone on long enough.

Carrick and Welbeck were awful. Carrick I'm sure will iron out the kinks, but I'm losing faith in Welbeck.

Adnan and Zaha were the bright sparks. Looking forward to seeing much more of them in the coming season.

Pleased to see Fabio back, he should be second pick behind Evra.

Agreed. But sadly, only Zaha and Adnan were taking their man on - aside from maybe the fullbacks. And Welbeck really needs to work on his finishing, or get used to playing as a utility attacker.

Clegg

Fo' realz now.

Rafael and Fabio looked decent. Bombed up and down the flanks and put in some dangerous crosses.

Zaha looked lively when he came on. Took on his opposing fullback and hit the post with a cracking shot.

Adnan was our best player. Drifted all across the front line and dropped deeper to midfield to pick up possession. Played some beautiful passes to set up Welbeck who really should have scored. I hope we see him get some games in the league this season. I assume he'll be used in our cup games too.

GorillaJu

That hit from Agger in the first half was great. His towering header clearance was good too.

I've noticed that there's been little mumbles here and there in from Holland that Eriksen is still on our radar. The Echo reckons that we've dropped all our interest, but De Boer twice speaking out against a move to us for Eriksen kind of hints that there may be something going on behind the scenes.

I'm not too keen to trust English journalists after the Mkhitaryan saga.

What score was it in Moyes' first game?

Genuinely don't know.

Thailand dudes 1
Moysey's Boyseys 0

Galliani had dinner with Lotito today . . .

qXTUZLE.jpg

They look perfect together. Make it happen Gold Tie! I'd be happy with Candreva as an alternative to Ljajic. Seems much more like an "Allegri-style" player as well, good physically and tactically very versatile. He could slot into our midfield pretty well, I was impressed when he filled in as a CM in the Confed Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom