• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
This is the team that must start every single Premier League and Champions League game because we'll surely win both:

DDG; Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Fabio; Carrick, Fellaini; Zaha, Kagawa, Januzaj; van Persie

Obviously its due to the players available today, but in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 if Kagawa, Zaha and Adnan can roam about it could be pretty delicious given the opportunity to blossom. Adnan looked genuinely good floating today, not just from a biased United view. He wanted the ball, he had nifty footwork, he took players on. I think Moyes will be impressed with what he saw; keeping him on for the whole match was encouraging.

GorillaJu

El Sha's haircut is absolutely ridiculous lol. But players with stupid haircuts is kind of a staple of football.

Dbiw8Y5.jpg

qDSV7CQ.jpg

Come on, what score was it and who against?

Singha All Stars (Thai league players I believe)
United

1-0 to Singha

This is the team that must start every single Premier League and Champions League game because we'll surely win both:

DDG; Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Fabio; Carrick, Fellaini; Zaha, Kagawa, Januzaj; van Persie

Obviously its due to the players available today, but in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 if Kagawa, Zaha and Adnan can roam about it could be pretty delicious given the opportunity to blossom. Adnan looked genuinely good floating today, not just from a biased United view. He wanted the ball, he had nifty footwork, he took players on. I think Moyes will be impressed with what he saw; keeping him on for the whole match was encouraging.

I'd love that. But I'm expecting:

DDG; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Baines; Carrick, Fellaini; Valencia, Rooney, Zaha; van Persie

I suspect Moyes might go for speed and power above all else if the pressure starts heating up.

Just created a Nectar account, and ordered another PS4 (gonna cancel the other one when it appears on my Oustanding Orders)

Should get 1,500 Nectar points (worth £7.50 lol) when its despatched

Blatant penalty. Fuck of Preston, fuck off dc, and fuck off Arnie

Sterling=beast

I have to admit, even in my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined that Moyes would have destroyed everything by the first preseason game. But hey, football's full of surprises

GorillaJu

Sterling=beast

I have to admit, even in my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined that Moyes would have destroyed everything by the first preseason game. But hey, football's full of surprises

Don't get too excited yet. There are still plenty of 6-2s to go
before preseason ends.

Be honest, you're actually a Liverpool fan aren't you?

I hate Liverpool more than I love ManYoo. I do love ManYoo a considerable amount, which is why it hurts so much that we're so shit and sign players from the Championship to replace our wingers that scored 3 goals between them last season and that we won't rectify the central midfield problem.

A good summary of our recent plight would be the history of the number 7 shirt:

Robson
Cantona
Beckham
Ronaldo
Owen
Valencia

Once again, we've signed two central midfielders over the age of 18 in ten years. If your club had such stupid policies, you would be similarly disillusioned with them. Then there's the fact that we have stupid teams like City, PSG and now Monaco popping up all over the place.

We signed Bebe.

I'm going to give up football if we don't sign a good central midfielder this summer.

GorillaJu

Really hope that Pacheco can establish himself this season. Sick of only ever seeing pictures of him in restaurants.

He does this every year though. He looks so promising in preseason. Good movement, good runs, good skill... and then he goes out on loan and never impresses. It's just not meant to be for Dani Pacheco.

Sterling!!

Great ball from Aspas, too.

I'm going to give up football if we don't sign a good central midfielder this summer.

Bryan Robson: "So my message to Manchester United fans is don't be too influenced by this talk that we need this midfield player because I think the boys can cope."

We might be saying goodbye then.

Bryan Robson: "So my message to Manchester United fans is don't be too influenced by this talk that we need this midfield player because I think the boys can cope."

We might be saying goodbye then.

I pointed that out the other day and how he's a United employee who's just being told what to say by Ed Woodward (our chief exec who also said we don't need any new signings).

#MoyesOut and Welbeck trending worldwide.

Wilbur

Banned
Cave dwelling salt slug finishes above liverpool for second season in a row before moving onto biggest club in the country who have won 20 titles as opposed to liverpool's 18th

cave dwelling salt slug > benitez, houllier, evans, dalglish, rodgers

good shit, slug

you keep that up baby

Sterling playing to the standard he was playing before he became tired around November. Nice :)

Can't wait til May's headlines

Brendan Rodgers Moyes
Man Utd Given A Right Rodgering
Moyes Sacked In Fecophilia Disgrace
Corpses Found Under Former Man Utd Manager's Patio
Man Utd In Administration
Man Utd Liquidated
Children Of The Rodgolution

I like Aspas already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom