• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Mail match report is embarrassing.

There were some bright spots. Moyes will have been pleased to see Ryan Giggs looking and playing like a man ten years his junior. It is hard at times to remember that the Welshman will be 40 in November.

There was also a bright starting appearance from young Belgian Adnan Januzaj. The 18-year-old played for an hour and was United’s stand out player for most of that time.

a) Giggs was shit
b) Adnan played the entire match
c) why make such rudimentary errors

Saying Madrid wouldn't buy players of Fellaini's quality when they have Arbeloa and Khedira in their first team.

Right back is a position you can get away with a fairly average player. It's one of the reasons signing Baines for 18m bones is a ridiculous idea, especially given that he's 29 this year. You need quality players in some positions more than others.

Kheidra isn't a particularly great player but he is better than Fellaini. Although there isn't much separating them, I prefer Khedira's qualities over Fellaini's. My question was would Madrid be interested in Fellaini. The answer would probably be no since they already have loads of midfielders, all of whom are better than him and he wouldn't really fit into the Madrid mantra.

And he's shit.

This is the 2013 Madrid side we're talking about, not the shitbag 2006 side.

Mail match report is embarrassing.

a) Giggs was shit
b) Adnan played the entire match
c) why make such rudimentary errors

lol Daily Mail

If Giggs wasn;t a legend, would he still be playing for Man Utd next season?

(serious question, didn;t watch the game he played in last season)

edit: Khedira better than Fellaini? lol no

faridmon

Actually i have noticed I have been complaining a lot about Movies and TV series I have seen lately...

Maybe I have turned out to a be a grumpy old man yells at sky :(

lol Daily Mail

If Giggs wasn;t a legend, would he still be playing for Man Utd next season?

(serious question, didn;t watch the game he played in last season)

edit: Khedira better than Fellaini? lol no

Hard to answer that because him being who he is is so intrinsic to his position at the club.

BUT, despite United fans getting on his back, once again he showed real quality and played well in at least 10 games last season. I really don't know how he does it.

faridmon

I think she has as much of a place as donna does. Both of them are fairly throwaway but they are both good in their roles.

anyway the show is worth watching for Harvey and Louis.

Actually, the more the show goes on the more I like Harvey. He is s great character, especially second season

Wilbur

Banned
Right back is a position you can get away with a fairly average player. It's one of the reasons signing Baines for 18m bones is a ridiculous idea, especially given that he's 29 this year. You need quality players in some positions more than others.

It's a tad reductive; Rafael contributed massively to our play last season both offensively and defensively, and having someone lesser than him would have a huge impact considering how important full backs are in the way we play.

Arbeloa offers almost nothing in attack for Madrid, and the amount of goals I've seen come through his side of the pitch is ridiculous for a team like Madrid. Average he is, but that doesn't mean Madrid should accept it because they have Ronaldo further up the pitch.

Kheidra isn't a particularly great player but he is better than Fellaini. Although there isn't much separating them, I prefer Khedira's qualities over Fellaini's. My question was would Madrid be interested in Fellaini. The answer would probably be no since they already have loads of midfielders, all of whom are better than him and he wouldn't really fit into the Madrid mantra.

I have to absolutely disagree with everything here. Khedira isn't better than Fellaini. Whether Fellaini plays deeper or behind a central striker, he's proven himself adept at challenging a team's midfield and defence, making himself known as a presence both in play and at set pieces, and scores a fair amount of goals. Khedira just runs about the pitch. Brings nothing offensively, does the bare minimum defensively by occupying space.

And what is the Madrid mantra? Zidanes y Pavones? Finished. Galacticos? Finished. Tiki taka? Nope. Players of quality all around the pitch? Nope because there's Khedira. Madrid don't have a mantra apart from being cunts.

And he's shit.

Again, disagree.

This is the 2013 Madrid side we're talking about, not the shitbag 2006 side.

The 2006 side had Zidane, Beckham, Cannavaro. Is Khedira that much better a player than Fellaini that Madrid's whole 'mantra' is beautiful players or whatever you're on about?

iZ6KTixd6HYt4.gif

Jenson Button in a United shirt. Yurt pls, just this once.

Wilbur

Banned
NorwichCityFC: City can confirm Dutch international midfielder Leroy Fer has joined from FC Twente on a 4-year deal, subject to international clearance

bud23

Saying Madrid wouldn't buy players of Fellaini's quality when they have Arbeloa and Khedira in their first team.

#PostureoMadridista
#Gentlemen'sclub
#etc

So tell me, United were beaten by a club named Singha All-Stars XI?. Awesome. Moyes is a fraud and Rooney is your best player.

Valencia, Nani, Welbeck, Carrick, Bébé, Young, Hernandez. Thiago? No, Guillermo Varela. Fellaini? Get Cleverley. Baines? Dat Büttner. Keep up the good work. Glory glory Man united, it´s gonna be an amazing season for you.

#Fuckthehaters.
#FuckUnited.

Wilbur

Banned
#PostureoMadridista
#Gentlemen'sclub
#etc

So tell me, United were beaten by a club named Singha All-Stars XI?. Awesome. Moyes is a fraud and Rooney is your best player.

Valencia, Nani, Welbeck, Carrick, Bébé, Young, Hernandez. Thiago? No, Guillermo Varela. Fellaini? Get Cleverley. Baines? Dat Büttner. Keep up the good work. Glory glory Man united, it´s gonna be an amazing season for you.

#Fuckthehaters.
#FuckUnited.

We're currently champions of our league. You came bottom of yours.

rodvik

Lol. Everyone knows pre season knock abouts are utterly meaningless. Its just a training session which happens to be around a game.

It's a tad reductive; Rafael contributed massively to our play last season both offensively and defensively, and having someone lesser than him would have a huge impact considering how important full backs are in the way we play.

Arbeloa offers almost nothing in attack for Madrid, and the amount of goals I've seen come through his side of the pitch is ridiculous for a team like Madrid. Average he is, but that doesn't mean Madrid should accept it because they have Ronaldo further up the pitch.

I have to absolutely disagree with everything here. Khedira isn't better than Fellaini. Whether Fellaini plays deeper or behind a central striker, he's proven himself adept at challenging a team's midfield and defence, making himself known as a presence both in play and at set pieces, and scores a fair amount of goals. Khedira just runs about the pitch. Brings nothing offensively, does the bare minimum defensively by occupying space.

And what is the Madrid mantra? Zidanes y Pavones? Finished. Galacticos? Finished. Tiki taka? Nope. Players of quality all around the pitch? Nope because there's Khedira. Madrid don't have a mantra apart from being cunts.

Again, disagree.

The 2006 side had Zidane, Beckham, Cannavaro. Is Khedira that much better a player than Fellaini that Madrid's whole 'mantra' is beautiful players or whatever you're on about?

Rafael is indeed a fine right back, but given that very few teams spend big money on a full back I would say it's fair to say that it's regarded as one of the places teams think they can skimp on.

I don't rate Kheidra either but I don't think Fellaini is significantly better than him at football to the point where Madrid would want to replace him with Fellaini, then there's the fact that Fellaini is a certified nutter who'll probably cost us by getting suspended multiple times a season. To be fair, my opinion on him as a footballer is probably clouded by how much of a cunt he is because I just remembered how much he dominated us last season at Goodison. That's not the way I want us to play though, and he is a massive cunt.

All those players were in their mid 30s by 2006 and they hadn't won the league for a few years or done anything in Europe. It's undeniable that Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern are significntly better than us and it's mainly because instead of wasting money on loads of crap players, they put the money they saved on not buying Bebes and Youngs towards signing players of real quality. I don't think Fellaini qualifies as real quality.

To be fair, he is better than all our midfielders except Carrick and I'd gladly take him if it was him or playing Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley, Anderson or Giggs, but he's not the signing that's going to make me hope we draw Madrid in the CL to teach them a lesson.

GorillaJu

Teeratep Winothai: remember the name. He became the first scorer in the David Moyes Manchester United era but to the blushes of the new manager and players the winner came against them on 50 minutes, when Ben Amos was wrong-footed by the Singha All Star XI captain.

kekekeke

edit: I want to see a grudge match between doicare and Naughty God. 1 hour, no one else posts.

Messi

Actually, the more the show goes on the more I like Harvey. He is s great character, especially second season

I really liked Harvey from the start. Its why I stuck with it but Louis grew to become my fave character. Him and Harvey have some great dramatic scenes towards the end of season 2.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
From ClevGOD to Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley.
KuGsj.gif

-

Suits really sucks. Harvey is great, but everyone else is whiny and annoying.

MPW

Rafael is indeed a fine right back, but given that very few teams spend big money on a full back I would say it's far to say that it's regarded as one of the places teams think they can skimp on.

I don't rate Kheidra either but I don't think Fellaini is significantly better than him at football to the point where Madrid would want to replace him with Fellaini, then there's the fact that Fellaini is a certified nutter who'll probably cost us by getting suspended multiple times a season. To be fair, my opinion on him as a footballer is probably clouded by how much of a cunt he is because I just remembered how much he dominated us last season at Goodison. That's not the way I want us to play though, and he is a massive cunt.

All those players were in their mid 30s by 2006 and they hadn't won the league for a few years or done anything in Europe. It's undeniable that Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern are significntly better than us and it's mainly because instead of wasting money on loads of crap players, they put the money they saved on not buying Bebes and Youngs towards signing players of real quality. I don't think Fellaini qualifies as real quality.

To be fair, he is better than all our midfielders except Carrick and I'd gladly take him if it was him or playing Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley, Anderson or Giggs, but he's not the signing that's going to make me hope we draw Madrid in the CL to teach them a lesson.

anger-management-o.gif

Rafael is indeed a fine right back, but given that very few teams spend big money on a full back I would say it's fair to say that it's regarded as one of the places teams think they can skimp on.

i agree.

buy quality, buy Garay.

“@StupidFootball: Man United fans, do not give @MoyesOutNow any money. I repeat, DO NOT give @MoyesOutNow any money. He'll only spend it on more drugs.”

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom