• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Just a question, but who would you like United to sign for central midfield, seen as you've missed out on Thiago.

Personally, I think* you should go for De Rossi if he is available.

*if i was a united fan.

If he is available then we should certainly make a move, but Chelsea's wages, location and manager is more attractive to a player like him I'd imagine.

I think we'll get Fellaini, but apart from that I can't really think of anyone. We missed a trick with Wanyama, that's for sure.

Would love us to make a bid for Kroos because he might be doubting where he'll start, and it might have a knock on effect to Thiago if Pep ensures him he starts all games. Gustavo as well won't get a huge amount of gametime I'd imagine, and I've been pretty impressed with him the majority of the time I've seen him.

Clegg

Just a question, but who would you like United to sign for central midfield, seen as you've missed out on Thiago.

*if i was a united fan.
If he was a couple a years younger then I'd have no hesitation in signing him. But he's 30 years old now and can go nowhere but down.

I doubt we'd spend £20m for a player of his age.

Scum

Hitch, if you're still looking to pick up Tomb Raider and have a capable PC, then it's only £7.49 on Steam.

Mastadon

Banned
We're going to win the league.

What the fuck is all this "Aspas scores on his debut" shit all about though? Since when did a preseason game count as a fucking debut?

*if i was a united fan.

Vidal is my dream signing, but he probably won't leave.

De Rossi looks to be leaving Roma and he would be high on my list, but we've become such a joke by diluting our squad with mediocre players that the idea of signing either of them is ridiculous.

Fellaini is starting to look like a pretty good shout given that no one thinks we can attract any top midfielders.

Fuck it, let's sign him then.

minus.com abload.de

Cheers

i1ntqFTAeFnlD.gif

Was it worth it? No, no it was not.

edit: Cheers Scum, no PC for me though :(

Walshy

If he is available then we should certainly make a move, but Chelsea's wages, location and manager is more attractive to a player like him I'd imagine.

I think we'll get Fellaini, but apart from that I can't really think of anyone. We missed a trick with Wanyama, that's for sure.

Would love us to make a bid for Kroos because he might be doubting where he'll start, and it might have a knock on effect to Thiago if Pep ensures him he starts all games. Gustavo as well won't get a huge amount of gametime I'd imagine, and I've been pretty impressed with him the majority of the time I've seen him.
I don't agree on Chelsea being more attractive than United. United have consistently won titles for twenty years, and are favorites to do it again despite the change of manager. Manchester isn't a bad city and Mourinho is coming of the back of a disastrous last season at Madrid, he had more enemies than friends at Real Madrid when he left. I'm sure if you really wanted someone like De Rossi you could. However, I've read that United don't use agents in a modern way, rather that they dictate to them on their terms rather than the players. Most big players don't really operate like this now do they? You can bet that someone like De Rossi would have someone in the mold of a Mino Raiola as did Mkhitaryan did. I can't see United negotiating with an agent like that.

I don't think you missed a trick with Wanyama anyhow, he is only proven in the SPL and a handful of games in the Champions League. In my opinion he doesn't justify his £12.5m price tag, although saying that as he's only 21 even if he flopped you would of got half of that back.

Gustavo move be a decent signing for you, maybe as a bench player. If you want to win the Champions League you need better than Gustavo.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm better than Welbeck. WTF, how is he playing for United and I am sitting here studying for finals?

Welbeck's a good player. He scored a bunch in 11/12, had a poor season last year but was amazing in both games against Madrid. He's skilful, fast, can hold the ball up and intelligent.

Robin van Persie didn't exactly set the world alight when he was 22, as I saw on Twitter. Can we give him some time pls

----------------

Norwich signings: Leroy Fer, Javier Garrido, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsson and Carlo Nash. Good business so far.

Wes

venison crêpe
By the by, it's been widely rumoured that Benteke has to sort out his transfer by Wednesday. Thati supposedly the deadline Villa have put on it otherwise they're not selling him this window.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't agree on Chelsea being more attractive than United. United have consistently won titles for twenty years, and are favorites to do it again despite the change of manager. Manchester isn't a bad city and Mourinho is coming of the back of a disastrous last season at Madrid, he had more enemies than friends at Real Madrid when he left. I'm sure if you really wanted someone like De Rossi you could. However, I've read that United don't use agents in a modern way, rather that they dictate to them on their terms rather than the players. Most big players don't really operate like this now do they?

I think at De Rossi's age Chelsea would look a safer bet considering Moyes is in charge now. Might be wrong, but Mourinho has an appeal that Moyes won't have.

Gustavo move be a decent signing for you, maybe as a bench player. If you want to win the Champions League you need better than Gustavo.

The problem is that everyone better than Gustavo isn't available. Genuinely good midfield players aren't likely to leave the clubs they're at now, because they won't want to or because their clubs don't want them to. Sure you can find bargains, and we've missed a trick with players like Dembele, but the reality is there just isn't many available.

Fergie

Banned
Why not? £30m is only £10m more than £20m. If we took the £7m we spent on Bebe and not spent it on Bebe and the £3m we spent on Buttner and not spent it on Butter, we'd basically be getting a £30m player for £20m.

Basically, if we stopped buying a load of rubbish, we'd be able to streamline our squad and have a better first team instead of having Ashley Young on the bench.
We won't be able to match Madrid spending ability, be serious.

And Fellaini is awesome.

Fry

Let's be honest, United have been playing like shit for a long time, they just managed to win the title because of Froggie, I don't see Moyes having 1/3 of that influence.

Fergie

Banned
All I wanted was that all GTA + DLC bundle which I missed out in last summer sale, luckily it happened again somewhere around March-April so I got what I wanted.

I hope we don't sign strikers, we're full already.

Garjon

What the fuck is surgeon simulator and how is it a best seller? First time I've ever looked at Steam sales. Usually only use it to buy Football Manager tbh.

Oh, also, Ibe, Iago, and Coutinho are ace <3

It's a very funny game for a bout 10 minutes and then you realise it's a pile of wank. There are some good deals on there though.

Turok_TTZ

Do not judge moyes on his debut match. These things, they take time.
Likewise with liverpool. I don't care they win 4-0 or 4-1, jury is still out on them.

Can't wait for madrid preseason. Illa Illa Illarramendi!!!

We won't be able to match Madrid spending ability, be serious.

I'm not talking about spending half a billion in 5 years like Madrid do.

I'm talking about prices for individual players. We won't be able to sign 5 players for 40m a piece like Madrid can, but there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to sign one or even two depending on outgoings.

There's no need to have a £18m, 80k a week player like Young on the bench, or spending £7.5m on a homeless Portuguese kid. That money could have gone towards signing a world class player.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
watching a repeat of PSG Ligue 1 championship celebration, wow this is cheesy as fuck lol

GQman2121

Banned
In my mind, Fellaini has always been a Yaya Toure type of player--not a Khedira. If he moves in the next few weeks it won't be for less than £30-30m. Khedira isn't worth a fraction of that with his performances over the last two years.

Anyway, Chelsea PR:

Indonesian supporters going all in.

BPEfQgnCIAExh-2.png

Cech doing some pretty impressive drills in training: http://instagram.com/p/bsLznNQC3v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom