• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of AC Milan/Brazilian talents what happened to Pato? I remember him being called the "Second coming", hyped almost as much as one Freddy Adu, and similarly I havent heard of him in years.

Injuries. We essentially swapped him out for Balotelli, which in retrospect was a ridiculously good decision. Pato is doing pretty well back in Brazil though, I hear. He's young enough that he can still make it.

Walshy

Speaking of AC Milan/Brazilian talents what happened to Pato? I remember him being called the "Second coming", hyped almost as much as one Freddy Adu, and similarly I havent heard of him in years.
Injuries. I think he's had 16 injuries in three years when he was at Milan.

LTWheels

Man, Tony Barrett is posting on RAWK but he's staying completely silent about Mkh.

Fucking Milchmonster. You win, okay.

Barrett is not denying or confirming if he's coming. Just ignores the question.

If he had no knowledge of what is going on, he would say so.
If he knew Mkh is not signing he would say so.

Therefore means we are signing him.

flawless logic

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck I hope Moyes actually uses Kagawa well. I'm pretty content that the rest of the squad will be okay because of how similar Everton played to us in the first place, but I can't take another year of Shinji marooned on the left. Mourinho would have used him better.

Sack Moyes

Zabojnik

Robinho to Santos is a done deal, it seems. Santos will pay around €8.5m. Honda as agreed to sign with us, €2.5m per year for 4 years, CSKA wants €7m. Not sure why we should pay that much, considering that he'll leave Moscow in January for free: I'd pay him €5m, and that's being really generous.

Meanwhile, the Poli saga should be over by Sunday. Just do it Galliani, ffs.

matr11.jpg

Galliani pls. Let Matri come back home. 8M€ should do it.

I am not fully happy unless Juve get Jovetic, Tevez is a nice purchase and all, so they did good there.

Gazzetta wrote: Juventus: Final push for Jovetic

Sure feels like it, went through all this last season and he stayed with Viola, i have a feeling they will deal him, i just wonder where. They know they cannot keep him for much longer

It helps that he is good friends with Mirko and they play together, it also helps that Le Arse might get Higuain and therefore back off, leaving Viola no chance but to sell him to Juve

I just don't see us having Llorente, Tevez, Jovetic and Vucinic in the squad. Four high profile players for two, *maybe* three spots. Even if it's going to be 4-3-3, you just know Conte will go with Pepe + 2 strikers. Stranger things have happened, but I only see us signing Jovetic if Vucinic leaves. Which he won't, 'cause Conte loves Vucinic. Such a strange situation.

It's pretty strange that I still haven't seen anybody from Juve-GAF celebrating their first day without Iaquinta.

Lol, I was about to post about it at 3am, then decided not to. Thank you for your increbile service, Vincenzo, we'll always have this magnificent picture to remember you by.

iaquinta.jpg

They just hate Juventus so much, apparently they do not want players, they want cash, straight up, all that talk how it needs to be 30 million and not a penny less, granted that could all be Sandro Mencucci talking shit to the media.

They're already changing their canto though. "Money has no smell" etc. Doesn't mean they'll going to sell him to us, but it's telling. Jovetic wants to leave, he wants to go to Juve, they have to sell. The deciding factor will be how much we actually want/need him.

Thanks ill be here to make fun of Manure when they choke the season and fans scream for Moyes head by the end of December =P

But ... the Juve - ManU bros alliance. You're putting it in jeopardy! Anyway, POST MORE! <3

I really have no idea why no bigger clubs (no disrespect to Fiorentina) are in for Gomez. His record speaks for itself.

If Gomez to Fiorentina happens I'll eat spunk out of Wilbur's belly hole. It's not completely inconceivable, but there's just so many 'wtf' things about this transfer rumor.

#LionKingDay

BOFoPioCEAA2p91.jpg:large

CLINICA DI SESSOOOOOOOO

Wilbur

Banned
Don't understand why Chelsea have their heart set on 60m Cavani when Gomez could go for 20m. He's obviously not as good but he's more than good enough for what Chelsea need.

If Lewandowski could be convinced as well, he could be had for around 25m. Although he did turn down Real so he's a bit of a fucking tool

matr11.jpg

Galliani pls. Let Matri come back home. 8M€ should do it.

I feel like this move is inevitable this summer. I'd rather not though, we really don't need him if we replace Robinho with Honda.

If we replace El Sha with Matri, I will give up on us ever having any ambition under Berlucunt.

Gomez might leave Munich this week already

: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fiorentina poaching Bayern players, how the mighty have fallen.

:p

Zabojnik

I feel like this move is inevitable this summer. I'd rather not though, we really don't need him if we replace Robinho with Honda.

If we replace El Sha with Matri, I will give up on us ever having any ambition under Berlucunt.

Isn't Matri supposed to be Pazzini's temporal replacement too, since he'll likely miss a couple of months 'cause of the knee injury? You'd end up with Balo, El Shaa, Pazzini and Matri. That would be a pretty darn good striking force, actually.

why do you want rid of him so much?

el-bayern-munich-esta-en-el-centro-de-los-rumores_53714.jpg

Very impressed with Moyes first day. Starts the day being heavily linked with a player we don't need who isn't a central midfielder, then he gives his mate a job, and then he doesn't talk to the press.

Maybe he is cut from the same cloth as SAF.

:lol

Anyone tried some drink called Tizer? There's some here at work, but I don't want to pop open a can only to hate it and throw it away.
I'm not a fan. It's not horrible but just too strong on the fizz for me.

D_prOdigy

Thiago would start most games no problem.

Cos lord help us if one of the non-Carrick midfielders is getting ahead of him regularly.

dc89

Just some of my Animal Crossing pictures. I think every 3DS game should incorporate this screen shot business.

rzu0zKR.jpg

Wario Hat!

4m17HlE.jpg

Some sort of spider bit me o_O

5reHfMg.jpg

Frog Hat is so cool, especially when dressed like a fireman

C9NCP3Q.jpg

shop got an upgrade!

rpVYQtI.jpg

I dunno what Wilbury did to Kody :(

2bIGQYX.jpg

Me, my gf and TC.

Zabojnik

Speaking of Iaquinta and stikers leaving ...

C_3_Media_1555448_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

A special thank you to Bendtner as well. It was worth it for his antics alone.
That's all we got from him too.

Linius

I am not the type of football fan this thread would like to see

Well as you know we have no test to take part in this thread, I was just surprised :p

Just some of my Animal Crossing pictures. I think every 3DS game should incorporate this screen shot business.

rzu0zKR.jpg

Wario Hat!

4m17HlE.jpg

Some sort of spider bit me o_O

5reHfMg.jpg

Frog Hat is so cool, especially when dressed like a fireman

C9NCP3Q.jpg

shop got an upgrade!

rpVYQtI.jpg

I dunno what Wilbury did to Kody :(

2bIGQYX.jpg

Me, TC and my gf.

Your GF is a skinhead in AC? :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How does Thiagos clause affect injuries/unable to play or is rested (ala carling cup)? Is it 60% of the games he is available for or a flat 60 over all the games. Because in that case given miscellaneous competitions he more than likely has to play 70% of the important games.

How does Thiagos clause affect injuries/unable to play or is rested (ala carling cup)? Is it 60% of the games he is available for or a flat 60 over all the games. Because in that case given miscellaneous competitions he more than likely has to play 70% of the important games.
Pretty much that.

It definitely won't count for games he is injured/unavailable for.

But for all the others it would so as you say, assuming he is an important player and rested for Carling Cup, early FA Cup, CL group games possibly...that could be a few games missed already.

Then you bring rest/rotation/bad form into play and it's not impossible we'd be treading close to the margin.

Worst case scenario though.

Arnie

Pellegrini has so much fucking swag.

:lol compare that to Gollum with his small time mouse mat.

Just been Hackney for a duvet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom