• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

iZUPqYPhwwXqW.png

LOL

I can't believe I'm laughing at the words POOP and PENIS.

Damn you panty phantom!

I also thought Januzaj didn't look mind blowing or particularly exciting, but for his age, to make his skill look ordinary in a team full of veterans is by itself fairly remarkable. If he was a Liverpool player no doubt I'd be excited for the future. I was pleased with Alberto's skill yesterday and he did all of jack and shit!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Who cares if it's 18m or 10m? That's less money in the Glazers pockets.

^He played for Napoli last season. Or rather, trained with them. :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Some more Luis quotes from Sky Sports, dunno the original source. But if true, his sense of self importance and innocence is fucking appalling. Surprised you Pool fans haven't been burning effigies yet, the guy's a cunt:

Luis Suarez says he will consider all offers to leave Liverpool as he wants to compete at the highest possible level.

The Uruguay international has expressed a desire to leave Anfield after becoming disillusioned with life in England.

He has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea, but Spanish giants Real Madrid are considered to the frontrunners in the race for his signature.

"This club needs to fight to enter the Champions League and, when it doesn't happen, it damages the morale of any player. So I've suffered."

Liverpool are reluctant to let the unsettled striker leave, with boss Brendan Rodgers in 'constant communication' with the South American, but Suarez has reiterated that he will push for a move if he can further his career elsewhere.

He said: "If I receive an important offer to progress my career, I will study it. Some clubs have asked about me but I hand questions over to my agent. I am no stranger to rumours.

"I always want to improve. That's why I left Ajax for Liverpool.

"But this club needs to fight to enter the Champions League and, when it doesn't happen, it damages the morale of any player. So I've suffered.

"It is hard to view the Premier League every week with never a chance of winning it.

"On top of that, the English media do not understand me. The controversies with (Patrice) Evra and (Branislav) Ivanovic were decisive. There are always extra questions when people analyse me.

"After the Evra incident, it was very difficult to convince people about the 'real' Luis Suarez. Things had improved but then the incident involving Ivanovic was another blow.

"Had that not happened, perhaps I would have been regarded as the best Premier League player last season."

Arnie

Not burning effigies but I've long accepted that he both will be sold, and that he needs to go. Not even fazed by it, really. He's good but he's one player, and if we do sell him we'll make an absolute ton of money that he isn't really worth. £50 million can do wonders for a squad, as long as it isn't spent on a pony-tailed donkey.

Arnie

You're just gonna have to hope Madrid go for it because otherwise I don't see him going anywhere.

I think Real will, they need a marquee signing still, and they definitely aren't getting Bale.

Plus we can jack the price down a bit and take one of their non-starters.

I just don't see the club even accepting offers from within the league, we're not obliged to, and our stance so far has been pretty good.

Tc91

Cruising 80mph roof down all the way to the national Ferrari concours, glorious weather not as baking as yesterday.

Salazar

"After the Evra incident, it was very difficult to convince people about the 'real' Luis Suarez. Things had improved but then the incident involving Ivanovic was another blow.

"Had that not happened, perhaps I would have been regarded as the best Premier League player last season."

lol

He is more RAWK than RAWK

Wilbur

Banned
I think Real will, they need a marquee signing still, and they definitely aren't getting Bale.

Plus we can jack the price down a bit and take one of their non-starters.

I just don't see the club even accepting offers from within the league, we're not obliged to, and our stance so far has been pretty good.

35m and Morata would be a good deal, I'd fucking run with that. In fact I think I'd actively offer that to Madrid.

Was going to say accepting a bid from Arsenal would be dumb. One from Chelsea is pretty stupid but they're not a instant concern for you with regards to top four, so accepting an arsenal one would be Wenger levels of stupidity, ironically.

Fuck it's so hot again today. I really don't want to work :(

Arnie

35m and Morata would be a good deal, I'd fucking run with that. In fact I think I'd actively offer that to Madrid.

Was going to say accepting a bid from Arsenal would be dumb. One from Chelsea is pretty stupid but they're not a instant concern for you with regards to top four, so accepting an arsenal one would be Wenger levels of stupidity, ironically.

Fuck it's so hot again today. I really don't want to work :(

Not selling to Arsenal will be easy; but I don't think we'll sell to Chelsea, either.

£35 million and Morata isn't a bad deal, although I don't know if Morata's value is really close to £15 million at this stage. I'd push that up to £40 million, take the foetus, and throw £20 million of the proceeds towards Papadopoulos. Then spend the other wad on Bernard.

I'm going on the park. Bought some naughty French Connection fabric shorts yesterday that are comfy as.

£35 million and Morata isn't a bad deal, although I don't know if Morata's value is really close to £15 million at this stage. I'd push that up to £40 million, take the foetus, and throw £20 million of the proceeds towards Papadopoulos. Then spend the other wad on Bernard.

Everyone needs to stay the fuck away from Papadopoulos, well actually everyone is doing so. He's been injured since December and no one knows when he'll be back. Sounds like he's proper fucked to me.

Sane_Man

Why is that funny? Nearly everyone would consider RVP, Bale and Suarez the three best players of last season and you could make a case for either of them being the best (apart from the fact that Suarez bit a dude).

I really do wish he'd shut the fuck up though. I still hope we keep him for another season but only for his footballing performances. If I thought we could replace him with someone who could step into his shoes then I wouldn't be bothered about him going but I just don't see it.

looool

And you have the tenacity to call my chosen starter foetus 'Soso'. Lad couldn't even take a fucking throw in.

I hope you realise that you're all Gary.

I've seen enough of Suso to think he won't be better than Januzaj. You were probably one of the posters with bitter posts of Pogba when he was with United.

We were right then, we'll be proven right once more.

iT9tuWULnG59n.gif

Plus, Januzaj donged on that Liverpool youth team.

GorillaJu

Suarez for cash (30-35m) + Morata or Jese would be a good deal and I'd bite your arm off if that was on offer. Reminds me a bit of the money + Sturridge deal we should have taken instead of spunking on Andy Carroll. Then we can get a class winger for the right like Bernard, sell Downing and have a pretty sick attacking group. Spend the rest on a CB or two and a class LB if one is to be had.

FM Summer 2013 odd morsel edition.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
City's twitter account is really amusing. They RT transfer rumours!

And on their official website "If you believe what you read in the papers, City would be in for a busy week in the transfer week".

GorillaJu

And on their official website "If you believe what you read in the papers, City would be in for a busy week in the transfer week".

Liverpool does this too actually. I think many PL clubs do.

dc89

They have a transfer rumour roundup every morning. Sometimes they just take the piss,
especially when it comes to players leaving.

---

Pellegrini's first game in charge today. It's streamed FREE on the greatest website in the world.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OH SHIT

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis : “Ibrahimovic will not play with Cavani,” he told reporters. “He has already been promised to other shores"

It's definitely City. He's too old for Mardrid.

dc89

OH SHIT

It's definitely City. He's too old for Mardrid.

Cavani, Dzeko, Aguero, Jojo, Guidetti

A strike force to rival any in Europe.

---

Apparently Maicon is set to join Roma in the next 48 hours after being told he has no future at City. He wants first team football to try and reclaim a spot in the Brazil squad.

Suen

Napoli loaning Julio Cesar apparently.

Arsene. Diego Lopez is right there. Right. There.
Been saying this for months. Should have went for him right away or at least when we missed out on Mignolet. Marchetti could be a good choice too.

Walshy

Just reading up on that Zimmerman case in the US. America is such a strange country to me, it's utterly bizzare that he got off with it.

Slizz

Just reading up on that Zimmerman case in the US. America is such a strange country to me, it's utterly bizzare that he got off with it.

Why? Only 2 people knew the truth, 1 of which was dead. Innocent until proven guilty and Florida court lawyers are terrible.

Walshy

Why? Only 2 people knew the truth, 1 of which was dead. Innocent until proven guilty and Florida defense lawyers are terrible.
So because the lawyers where terrible he's allowed to walk the street after killing an unarmed teenager who is just going to get some shopping?

I can understand how he was aquitted but it's hardly a fair trial when the other witness is dead and it's also crazy to me the laws involved in the case, especially the stand your ground law.

Slizz

So because the lawyers where terrible he's allowed to walk the street after killing an unarmed teenager who is just going to get some shopping?

I can understand how he was aquitted but it's hardly a fair trial when the other witness is dead and it's also crazy to me the laws involved in the case, especially the stand your ground law.

First off, nobody knows what happened, one witness didn't see the entire thing.

Second it was the prosecutors job to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was not acting in self defense, which is near impossible with so little evidence other than a bunch of people telling their accounts.

It might sound dumb or stupid but thats how it works here.

EDIT: And yea laws vary by state and Florida has some very weird ones.

EDIT2: Not sticking up for this guy or anything, but it was obvious from the get go what the verdict was going to be. At least in my eyes.

Bumhead

Banned
England may well have fucked it.

/cricket

This is squeakier bum time than it really should have been.

About half an hour ago I was considering turning this off as a foregone conclusion and playing Tomb Raider, but as is becoming a theme with this, I can't switch it off.

Not bad for someone who didn't give a shit about cricket 6 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom