• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoodenLung , did you hear about Bendtner pouring beer over miss fitness in Copenhagen? Such a balloon.

Party hard, she probably deserved it.
iOFDY3EGYr41N.png

Wilbur

Banned
Whats the point of the bundesliga anyway? How can any neutral enjoy a league where there's no competition.

It is an odd one to me. Maybe as a United fan I haven't noticed too much because we've been winning shit, but at the start or every season there's at least a big chance of three teams winning, Arsenal not far behind and then Spurs and Liverpool making all the right noises.

In Spain you've only got the big two of course, and in Italy I think Milan are the only club who really believe they can overcome Juventus; Napoli and Fiorentina have more modest targets, and Roma and Inter are just deluded cunts.

But the Bundesliga's always looked quite even, especially the last decade. Wolfsburg, Schalke, Leverkusen and obviously Dortmund all making proper fists of things.

But last season and this swason's Bayern are absolutely ruthless in their approach to domination. I can't see anyone getting near them this year. If anyone can its Klopp, but it's a fucking mammoth task.

I think it would be genuinely interesting if someone added up all the stoppage time from Man Utd games in seasons with Ferguson in charge, and did the same next season for Moyes.

Wilbur

Banned
City looooooooool
Fuck I need to go read dc's posts from yesterday again, this shit is making my anus moist

Engineer's train is spluttering already

I think it would be genuinely interesting if someone added up all the stoppage time from Man Utd games in seasons with Ferguson in charge, and did the same next season for Moyes.

I think it would be genuinely interesting if you sucked a fuck

Not Frogson's fault that opposition players are so scared of us they make sure the ball isn't in play for the majority of the match tee hee

Wilbur

Banned
Ballague confirming Thiago to Bayern all but done. He says Pep wanted him bad but Moyes was less sure that Thiago would work in the Prem.

a) Balague is less in the know than an Alzheimer's patient who lives in a fridge
b) Moyes can get fucked, let Giggs take over now. Our manager would be a half black sister in law banging hairy demon. Think of the possibilities.

Whats the point of the bundesliga anyway? How can any neutral enjoy a league where there's no competition.

They've had 5 different winners in the last 9 years.

2013 - Bayern
2012 - BVB
2011 - BVB
2010 - Bayern
2009 - Wolfsburg
2008 - Bayern
2007 - Stutgart
2006 - Bayern
2005 - Bayern
2004 - Werder

It's only last season that Bayern really ran away with it. In the other seasons, especially in the mid-late 00s, it was incredibly competitive.

Just 6 years ago, Bayern failed to qualify for the CL.

I agree that Bayern signing BVB's best players is a bit shit though.

Wilbur

Banned
They've had 5 different winners in the last 9 years.

2013 - Bayern
2012 - BVB
2011 - BVB
2010 - Bayern
2009 - Wolfsburg
2008 - Bayern
2007 - Stutgart
2006 - Bayern
2005 - Bayern
2004 - Werder

It's only last season that Bayern really ran away with it. In the other teams, especially in the mid-late 00s, it was incredibly competitive.

Just 6 years ago, Bayern failed to qualify for the CL.

I agree that Bayern signing BVB's best players is a bit shit though.

Yeah it's been great up until this point but it doesn't look promising now. It's going to be appalling for a few years unless a miracle happens

bud

Pellegrini is even worse than Mancini.

He's bringing them even further into decline.

i have no idea if whether you're trolling or not, but pellegrini's actually a great manager. he'll at the very least form a team that's fun to watch.

Wilbur

Banned
2005–06 Bayern Munich
2006–07 VfB Stuttgart
2007–08 Bayern Munich
2008–09 VfL Wolfsburg
2009–10 Bayern Munich
2010–11 Borussia Dortmund
2011–12 Borussia Dortmund
2012–13 Bayern Munich

No competition, eh? Speaking about shit leagues...

2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United
2009–10 Chelsea
2010–11 Manchester United
2011–12 Manchester City
2012–13 Manchester United

To be fair, there's a difference. At the start of recent premier league seasons there's been at least three teams in the hunt for the title, probably four. It's not much in a league of twenty, but just saying who has won doesn't really tell the whole story.

And now? No one really knows who'll win the league. Usual favourites United have a new manager, City have a newcomer to the league and a squad in dire need of motivating, Chelsea have a returning manager with a point to prove and Arsenal need to take advantage.

In the Bundesliga, the only sides anywhere near to being as good as Bayern are Leverkusen and Dortmund, and the former don't have a coach anywhere near as good as Klopp.

In the here and now, it looks lol there's no competition for Bayern at all.

Pls

He already said he would be the new Arteta

We don't need Thiago to be our Arteta, we already have Jones/Anderson/Cleverley/Giggs/Rafael.

By not believing in Thiago.

You won't pry a player from Barcelona like that.

I think he's wrong and that Thiago would be great, but I trust he has assessed the situation and felt it couldn't be done without exorbitant amounts of money. I don't think it makes him look bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom