• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Long-time lurker, just had my account validated. Don't really have much to say, other than I support Liverpool and this year is our year. I hope to establish myself as a sane, rational person before the season starts and I inevitably turn the caps lock on and make an utter tit of myself. But for now I shall calmly bask in the knowledge that we're going to win the league. There's no doubt about it.

One of us, one of us!

Long-time lurker, just had my account validated. Don't really have much to say, other than I support Liverpool and this year is our year. I hope to establish myself as a sane, rational person before the season starts and I inevitably turn the caps lock on and make an utter tit of myself. But for now I shall calmly bask in the knowledge that we're going to win the league. There's no doubt about it.

First and last post in footy gaf.

Arnie

David-Moyes-1878429.jpg

Ideally you would pick up Baines, Garay (or another quality CB) and two CM this summer. All of that is perfectly possible for a club of United's stature.

All this stuff about priorities sounds distinctly Arsenal, like.

We (fans) want a winger innit.

OT/

Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay both testing positive. Pretty nuts.

kharma45

Ideally you would pick up Baines, Garay (or another quality CB) and two CM this summer. All of that is perfectly possible for a club of United's stature.

All this stuff about priorities sounds distinctly Arsenal, like.

If that were to happen it'd be a great summer. I wouldn't mind a new CB this summer truth be told, gives them a year to blend in for when Rio might start to take a back seat role.

Messi

These things can't co exist.

Welcome. So which guys do you like and who do you hate from you lurking?

deGod

Welcome to football GAF
Or as we say here, welcome put wilbur's dick in your mouth

Salvadora

We (fans) want a winger innit.
To quote Arnie:
You've signed Zaha you ungrateful fuck.

If that were to happen it'd be a great summer. I wouldn't mind a new CB this summer truth be told, gives them a year to blend in for when Rio might start to take a back seat role.
I think you could maybe get away without signing one for another year but you are cutting it very thin, Kharma.

I can see another United defensive crisis happening all over again this season. You don't want that to be the cause of going trophyless.

kharma45

Where will Thiago play?

No reason he can't play CM if Javi is dropped into CB.

I think you could maybe get away without signing one for another year but you are cutting it very thin, Kharma.

I can see another United defensive crisis happening all over again this season. You don't want that to be the cause of going trophyless.

I agree, that would be shit but we've 4 options at CB, 4-5 at LB and 4 at RB. We've decent levels of cover imo, if we added Garay it would be a decent move to as I said help blend him into the team for next year.

--------------------------- De Gea---------------------------------
Evans-----------Vidic------------Ferdinand---------------Baines
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Zaha/Cleverley----Phil Jones------Osman----Kagawa
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------RVP----------Hernandez----------------------

Arnie

As fucking per United don't sign the player their fans bang on about signing.

Let's all just laugh at Henderson in training.

tumblr_mpu1b9nc451qgmyluo9_400.gif

fuenf

Thiago deal is worth 25m:

Bayern is paying 20m, the other 5 will come from a friendly match between Bayern and Barca, and Manu fans grab a seat now, Thiago contributed to the transfer fee by lowering his salary demands.

All from fcbayern.de

kharma45

Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Luiz Gustavo
Martinez
Thiago
Can

Surely one of Kroos or LG will leave?

Martinez could be at CB, Emre Can might get loaned out. 3 in midfield of Schweinsteiger, Thiago and Kroos? You of course know Bayern better than I, just guessing what Pep could do.

fuenf

Bayern paid €25m for Thiago. His release clause was €18m.

I wonder what happened there.

There's a gentlemens agreement between Bayern and Barca not to activate each others release clauses. Rummenigge is president of the ECA and Rossell his vice president, they needed to resolve this shit amicably.

Clegg

Doesn't look like it was taxes.

Looks like Bayern decided not to activate the release clause and instead bid €20m + €5m in add ons.

fuenf

Doesn't look like it was taxes.

Looks like Bayern decided not to activate the release clause and instead bid €20m + €5m in add ons.

See above:

"Bayern is paying 20m, the other 5 will come from a friendly match between Bayern and Barca, and Manu fans grab a seat now, Thiago contributed to the transfer fee by lowering his salary demands. "

Fry

I of course have Heynckes formation in mind, we don't know what Pep's system will be.

The CM isn't as much of a problem as the AM:

Müller
Kroos
Shaqiri
Götze
Robben
Ribery

Assuming Robben and Ribery are guaranteed starters, the wings are full. So it leaves one position free for 4 players to fill.

Bayern is paying 20m, the other 5 will come from a friendly match between Bayern and Barca, and Manu fans grab a seat now, Thiago contributed to the transfer fee by lowering his salary demands.

All from fcbayern.de

I don't want to be mean but that stuff is just a ridiculous way to "lower" the transfer fee.

"I want 6m a year"
"We offer you 8m a year, agree at 6m and say you lowered your demands."
"Okay"

Edit: Look at Martinez, that was the same thing. Bayern still paid those 40m.

Messi

All from fcbayern.de

OMG I am dying here, GG Thiago.

kharma45

I of course have Heynckes formation in mind, we don't know what Pep's system will be.

Müller
Kroos
Shaqiri
Götze
Robben
Ribery

Assuming Robben and Ribery are guaranteed starters, the wings are full. So it leaves one position free for 4 players to fill.

Might as well throw Thiago in there too, Pep might want him further up the pitch.

fuenf

Schweinsteiger I thought could do a decent job of playing as a holding mid?

-----Schweinsteiger---
Thiago ------------- Kroos

Something like that?

I expect them to play like that in the Bundesliga with Javi at CB, for the CL Javi will most likely be the DM and one of Schweini / Kroos / Thiago will sit out.

I don't want to be mean but that stuff is just a ridiculous way to "lower" the transfer fee.

"I want 6m a year"
"We offer you 8m a year, agree at 6m and say you lowered your demands."
"Okay"

I don't believe that media bullshit for one second either, just a way to get good pr in 98% of the cases. Obviously pretty much all players ends up getting a bit less than their agents originally demanded though, it's called negotiating.

Thank fuck for buying him bayern and we can shut the fuck up about him.

MPW

Müller
Kroos
Shaqiri
Götze
Robben
Ribery

kroos to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom