• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

1070030_698589700157724_11267891_n.jpg

Razor554

thought barca would want someone in exchange, xavi is not getting any younger

Dont think we will sign anyone to midfield. We promote Sergi Roberto this summer anyways and he will now get the little of minutes Thiago would have got.

Now the prio should be to sign worldclass CB and be done with summer transfers.

Jack cw

THIAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <3
Man, Bayern is in beast mode... What an incredible squad they have... Lewandwoski is coming too...

pappe

Kroos will most definitely leave now. No chance of him getting a start ahead of Gotze,Thiago,Muller.

Javi and Shweini are/should be a lock for CMs.

Linius

It's funny how big targets from Manchester clubs end up in Madrid and München.

Though I'm not sure how going to Bayern would be an improvement for Thiago. I can't imagine him getting any more minutes there than at Barca. A move to United would have made more sense.

kharma45

It's funny how big targets from Manchester clubs end up in Madrid and München.

Though I'm not sure how going to Bayern would be an improvement for Thiago. I can't imagine him getting any more minutes there than at Barca. A move to United would have made more sense.

Whilst he would be guaranteed more minutes at United I see him being very prominent with Bayern this year, probably with that midfield three I posted a few posts up.

Its pretty funny that it happened again.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst as a United fan.

Arnie

Thank fuck for buying him bayern and we can shut the fuck up about him.

This is the most important point.

He can exile himself to that one sided German monopoly, and we never have to care about him ever again. And United get a stab in the heart as their only promising transfer target ends in disaster, like Moyes' first game in charge.

fuenf

I wonder what's the deal with both Bayern and Barca detailling the transfer like that? Is it, so no one looks bad? So that Barca can say they sold him for 25 instead of 18 and Bayern can say they only paid 20?

MPW

€25 and he lowered his salary. Very interesting.....

how much was he getting at barca and how much will he be getting at bayern?

the funny thing is, all this could have avoided if barca played him more

which they really should have after having the title wrapped up so early in the season

Clegg

So where does Lewandowski fit in next season?

They have Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Kroos and Gustavo. Martinez could possibly move to defence to give them another ball player. But that still leaves 4 very good midfielders vying for the midfield places. A possible return to 3-4-3?

Those 3 attacking positions will be contested by Ribery, Robben, Gotze, Mandzukic and Muller. Ribery and Muller are too good not to play so that leaves Robben, Mandzukic and Gotze all fighting over one position. Add Lewandowski to the mix and you have a massive clusterfuck. It's a great position for Pep to be in obv. I just don't see how he can keep everyone happy.

And then there is Pep's preference for false 9's. Will a traditional cenre forward even get a look in?

DominoKid

it makes me a little sick that Bayern can trot out 2 different midfields that are far better than whatever we can.

and we'll probably end up w/ Fellaini. oh well you take what you can get...

Ah well, good signing for Bayern. A pity we missed out, wonder what it was. Taking too much time to get it nailed down maybe?

Most realistic scenario imo is that Thiago was waiting for playing guarantees from Barca, and while he was waiting for that Bayern Munich came in, with the lure of bigger wages, a first 11 spot, and playing for the best team in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom