• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

GBZ2D.gif

:D

Does anyone think it's a coincidence that Guardiola and Thiago left for Bayern shortly after a certain drug (I can't remember which one it was but I'm definitely not making this up) was banned in Spain. That drug is still legal in Germany.

Guardiola got banned from football for 4 months for failing a drugs test. It's one of the worst best kept secrets in football that he's still a drugs cheat. If you look into it, you'll realise that the great Barcelona team were/are a team of drug cheats run by the father of drug cheats, Pep Guardiola. Do you think it's a coincidence how all of their players just got really good after Frank Rijkaard left. Do you think it's a coincidence that Spain keep winning everything. Do you think it's a coincidence that Messi is a stupid little drugs cheat. Do you think it's a coincidence that Pique couldn't even get a game at United then became a first choice starter for Barcelona a few months later. Do you think it's a coincidence that everyone involved in doping knows that La Liga is full of drugs cheats.

There's so much information about this on the Internet. Look it up. I don't like the idea of Pep "confirmed drugs cheat, let's not even pretend it didn't happen. It's easy to win an appeal 8 years later when everyone has forgotten about it" Guardiola spreading all his drugs cheating around Europe. Do you think it's a coincidence that he plays the worst tactics in the world but due to his team being full of drugs cheats, they keep winning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...e-Patricia-Santamaria-to-cover-up-doping.html
Bayern are already taking drugs, just ask avaya.

Linius

Bayern are the most likeable off all the "big teams" IMO. Although I'm sure the hate will go through the roof now that they are at the top...but yeah, could be much worse, they seem to carry themselves very well.

SCHAAAAAALKEEE

If only Bundes Gaf wouldn't make fun of Schalke so much :p

Fry

Does anyone think it's a coincidence that Guardiola and Thiago left for Bayern shortly after a certain drug (I can't remember which one it was but I'm definitely not making this up) was banned in Spain. That drug is still legal in Germany.

Guardiola got banned from football for 4 months for failing a drugs test. It's one of the worst best kept secrets in football that he's still a drugs cheat. If you look into it, you'll realise that the great Barcelona team were/are a team of drug cheats run by the father of drug cheats, Pep Guardiola. Do you think it's a coincidence how all of their players just got really good after Frank Rijkaard left. Do you think it's a coincidence that Spain keep winning everything. Do you think it's a coincidence that Messi is a stupid little drugs cheat. Do you think it's a coincidence that Pique couldn't even get a game at United then became a first choice starter for Barcelona a few months later. Do you think it's a coincidence that everyone involved in doping knows that La Liga is full of drugs cheats.

There's so much information about this on the Internet. Look it up. I don't like the idea of Pep "confirmed drugs cheat, let's not even pretend it didn't happen. It's easy to win an appeal 8 years later when everyone has forgotten about it" Guardiola spreading all his drugs cheating around Europe. Do you think it's a coincidence that he plays the worst tactics in the world but due to his team being full of drugs cheats, they keep winning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...e-Patricia-Santamaria-to-cover-up-doping.html

Really?

qindarka

Banned

I find the idea of Barca and Spain teams using drugs very plausible but it is also fairly likely that the other top clubs in Europe have their own doping programs as well.

Thiago obviously didn't want to do it without drugs.

He's not got the character to play for United. Keep him. I'm sure he'll be suspiciously amazing at Bayern next season and will add 20 lbs of lean body mass over the summer.

Clegg

I'd be surprised if PED abuse wasn't rife in football tbh.

But I wouldn't take the word of Lance Armstrong, a serial liar, as gospel truth.

Salvadora

Still, the CL is terrible unpredictable. Even in years where the best squad won, there were moments where they could have easily been knocked out.

Yeah definitely, I mean who could have predicted Chelsea would win it. But still, I can't remember being this unconfident about Spanish and English teams.

Spanish players probably are using.

Obv. it's not possibly to prove it so you can't really say too much about it...but there's enough out there to suggest they probably are. In fact I'd be more surprised if they weren't.

Loosely related - Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay tested positive it was revealed today. Makes me more sure that Bolt is using too.

This is what happens when you go from Ferguson to Moyes

Timurid

Spanish players probably are using.

Obv. it's not possibly to prove it so you can't really say too much about it...but there's enough out there to suggest they probably are. In fact I'd be more surprised if they weren't.

Loosely related - Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay tested positive it was revealed today. Makes me more sure that Bolt is using too.

Isn't Usain Bolt suppose to play in a friendly with utd?

Lunchbox

Banned
it does not come as a surprise to me that united have turned into a joke of a club in just two months.

no no, we still have baines coming for the same price as that goober glen johnson

he will change everything because a bunch of 12 year old inbreds here argued that he was world class!

the treble is still on

Can't say that EVERYONE is doping. But I guarantee more than 50% are in all major sports, barring maybe golf.

Nah that is way off, mostly because there is so many smaller leagues all around that got pro teams, but not even close to having enough funds or such to finance and cheat the anti doping agencies.

dc89

Sky Italia: Roma and City have agreed a fee for Maicon, he will travel to Rome tomorrow and sign a permanent deal.
Less than one year at City and it cost £7.8m

I'd be extremely surprised if Bayern won the CL this season. You just have to look at the cup's history.

PEDs are obviously pervasive throughout most professional sports these days. Where there's money and livelihoods at stake, it's no surprise many athletes and the parasites around them try to find an extra edge.

it makes me a little sick that Bayern can trot out 2 different midfields that are far better than whatever we can.

and we'll probably end up w/ Fellaini. oh well you take what you can get...

I bet Moyes is convincing himself that signing Fellaini will also provide excellent cover for when/if Rooney goes.

fuenf

Don't worry we already got that covered ;) http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...fahrta-great-healer-quack-hyperactive-syringe

Salvadora

no no, we still have baines coming for the same price as that goober glen johnson

he will change everything because a bunch of 12 year old inbreds here argued that he was world class!

the treble is still on

The alternative is missing out on him and having another season of Evra you spoon.

derExperte

Cool. So it's possible to skip the first one without being left in the dark? Are there any plot details you need to be aware of for number 2?

I think some decisions from 1 carry over if you have a savegame but 2 is not a direct continuation. Reading the plot synopsis on wikipedia could be a good idea.

Wouldn't surprise me if there are dopers in golf too.

Some rumours about Woods.
Golf has a really lax anti-doping system. AFAIK they don't even take blood samples. Very easy to dope and not get caught.

It's the same in football, only urine samples in competition.

Plenty of sports don't take it seriously, it's possible to trick the system in sports that do, so I imagine it's remarkably easy to get away with it in others.

arkon

I think some decisions from 1 carry over if you have a savegame but 2 is not a direct continuation. Reading the plot synopsis on wikipedia could be a good idea.

Yeah. That's what I'll probably end up doing then. Although The price for the first is mighty tempting as is the promise of witch sex.

fuenf

I've to admit, the Thiago deal brought my Bayern hype back ;) It was strange seeing Dortmund signing quality players and Bayern seemingly doing nothing (Götze doesn't count as he's still injured).

Meier

Sky Italia: Roma and City have agreed a fee for Maicon, he will travel to Rome tomorrow and sign a permanent deal.
Good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up subsidizing some of his wages for the first year since I doubt Roma will want to pay him £100k (that's probably around €120k or so I'd guess?).

dc89

Good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up subsidizing some of his wages for the first year since I doubt Roma will want to pay him £100k (that's probably around €120k or so I'd guess?).

Yeah, he had a torrid season with injuries. I hope he does ok at Roma, he didn't cause us trouble.

---

How on Earth does De Laurentiis know Neymar will earn €24m a year before tax.

bjaelke

Golf has a really lax anti-doping system. AFAIK they don't even take blood samples. Very easy to dope and not get caught.

It's the same in football, only urine samples in competition.

Plenty of sports don't take it seriously, it's possible to trick the system in sports that do, so I imagine it's remarkably easy to get away with it in others.
Golf and football are not comparable when it comes to drug testing. The quality of the football tests are far superior to those in golf. The problem though is quantity/frequency.

http://www.usada.org/sport-testing-numbers-2013

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Respect for Papiss.

A need a movie or tv show recommendation. Something that's not the usual stuff.

American Horror Story is surprisingly enjoyable. I really hate it, but at the same time...I think I like it?

So it's kinda like "Simone Pepe (TV show)"

Anyway, don't watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom