• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

wwwwweeeeeeeeeellcoooooooooooome

tumblr_m98bmpBZT61qfgjyt.gif

this gif is perfect. notice how he gives the salt a little smell before smiling.

derExperte

Yeah. That's what I'll probably end up doing then. Although The price for the first is mighty tempting as is the promise of witch sex.

It's not like everyone keeps their clothes on in W2... but go ahead and buy W1, I loved it a few years ago but it has some pacing problems and the combat is... unusual.

United is trending worldwide. Let's see what it's about. Yes, it's about how big of a joke we are.

Feels good knowing my team does it natural and still competes with the drug cheats in Europe though.

Sure, we could give Anderson some weight loss pills, Adnan some steroids and Young some performance enhancing drugs, but what's the point. That's not the spirit of sport. When United played Madrid last year, I couldn't help but notice Madrid's players looked bigger, stronger and faster than our players. Everything that has happened in the past few years can be put down to drugs. We have too many laughably shit and malnourished players to ever be accused of taking drugs.

Look at those 90 minutes of pressing, fit as a fiddle Spaniards and Germans though. The reason United couldn't adopt a pressing game is because we're not drugs cheats. Notice how since that drug got banned, Spain suddenly lost a competition.

Fry

United is trending worldwide. Let's see what it's about. Yes, it's about how big of a joke we are.

Feels good knowing my team does it natural and still competes with the drug cheats in Europe though.

Sure, we could give Anderson some weight loss pills, Adnan some steroids and Young some performance enhancing drugs, but what's the point. That's not the spirit of sport. When United played Madrid last year, I couldn't help but notice Madrid's players looked bigger, stronger and faster than our players. Everything that has happened in the past few years can be put down to drugs. We have too many laughably shit and malnourished players to ever be accused of taking drugs.

Look at those 90 minutes of pressing, fit as a fiddle Spaniards and Germans though. The reason United couldn't adopt a pressing game is because we're not drugs cheats. Notice how since that drug got banned, Spain suddenly lost a competition.

iuTh2qPsCPV1f.gif

Sane_Man

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Loosely related - Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay tested positive it was revealed today. Makes me more sure that Bolt is using too.
Is there a thread on this because I'm shocked... I don't know why I'm shocked exactly, but for some reason I didn't expect this news. If Bolt is using too... Wow. There really are no heros, just ordinary men.

Edit: Nevermind, see the thread.

Meier

Yes, sorry, thought it would have already been posted.
Did he officially transfer somewhere? I know Barça has been sniffing. I was hopeful we'd get him but there's no way we were going to spend that much on a youngster after spending a bunch on Nastasic last summer.

Anyone who doesn't think Bolt is doping is an idiot. You simply don't get THAT much faster than everyone else in history without cheating. Especially when you see how lackadaisical he looks during parts of his runs.

Hixx

Did he officially transfer somewhere? I know Barça has been sniffing. I was hopeful we'd get him but there's no way we were going to spend that much after spending a bunch on Nastasic last summer.

No but a fair few places reporting PSG have bid for him this evening.

Is there a thread on this because I'm shocked... I don't know why I'm shocked exactly, but for some reason I didn't expect this news. If Bolt is using too... Wow. There really are no heros, just ordinary men.

Not sure, haven't had a look.

He's bound to be, I mean, as said before, it's impossible to prove these things until they fail the test. But if those two have been caught and Bolt beats them with such ease...for me it's hard to believe he's clean.

GHG

Cant wait for this theory to spread to the English NT's list of excuses for being shit for so long.

Its down to playing styles, playing philosophies and conditioning. Kick, hoof and rush football with little emphasis on possession that is played week in, week out in the Premiership takes its toll on players over the course of the season. Lots of running around into blind alleys and chasing lost causes. The fact that the likes of Robbie Savage (product of Man United's youth setup I'll have you know) had a good footballing career here in England says it all.

PS, did you not see how fatigued Spain were at the Confeds cup?

I don't blame Thiago for going to Bayern either. Who the hell actually wants to mix it with the likes of Stoke in a cold rainy Monday night in December? No thanks.

Gambit

I've to admit, the Thiago deal brought my Bayern hype back ;) It was strange seeing Dortmund signing quality players and Bayern seemingly doing nothing (Götze doesn't count as he's still injured).

welcome back.

At the moment my hype is still marred by scepticism, but I am very interested in finding out what formation Pep chooses.

Clegg

Marca reporting that United have signed Garay too.

Don't know if it's their own info or if they're using reports from Argentinian papers who got their info from a rubbish Daily Express article.

If I do quit football, and it's looking very likely (I'll give it until midnight on the 1st of September), I'll only return to this thread when it's proven that Guardiola dopes his players, and I'll accept all your adulations with the utmost modesty.

The fact of the matter is that Guardiola is a convicted drugs cheat and Fuentes has worked with Barcelona.

Zabojnik

@Zabo, Dead Man's Shoes

Had it on the list for a while, thx.

American Horror Story is surprisingly enjoyable. I really hate it, but at the same time...I think I like it?

So it's kinda like "Simone Pepe (TV show)"

Anyway, don't watch it.

I've seen the first season, it was ... kinda bad. Kept watching mostly because of the redhead maid. Goddamn. Is season 2 more of the same?

Think I'll start on Rectify and Top Of The Lake. Heard good things about Rectify, know absolutely nothing of the latter. Will report.

Fry

If I do quit football, and it's looking very likely (I'll give it until midnight on the 1st of September), I'll only return to this thread when it's proven that Guardiola dopes his players, and I'll accept all your adulations with the utmost modesty.

The fact of the matter is that Guardiola is a convicted drugs cheat and Fuentes has worked with Barcelona.

ibkmFeh4ylKBAi.gif

Lunchbox

Banned

Don't know if it's their own info or if they're using reports from Argentinian papers who got their info from a rubbish Daily Express article.

baines and garay future

living on merseyside infected that bastard, he cant look pass mid table quality players. if adnan doesnt start in midfield this season, we'll finish below liverpool

Clegg

baines and garay future

living on merseyside infected that bastard, he cant look pass mid table quality players. if adnan doesnt start in midfield this season, we'll finish below liverpool

Garay would be a Fergie signing.

We've been linked to him since last January.

---------------Wellbleck---------------
Young--------------------------Valencia
-----------Fellaini--Cleverley-----------
-----------------Jones----------------------
Buttner--Smalling-Garay--Varela
-------------------Amos--------------------

United's first XI in 3 years NQAT.

Meier

I've seen the first season, it was ... kinda bad. Kept watching mostly because of the redhead maid. Goddamn. Is season 2 more of the same?
We haven't seen much of the second season but it's a new completely self-contained story each season. Waiting on Netflix to get it.

Have you seen any of Raising Hope? It's a really fun and sweet comedy. One of the best shows on TV in my opinion.

Remind me, did UnitedGAF :looooooooooooooool at me when Isco went to Madrid?
I think they were pretty good for the most part. Mostly just Madrid fans being cocks as I recall.

Blablurn

what the heck

arkon

We haven't seen much of the second season but it's a new completely self-contained story each season. Waiting on Netflix to get it.

Have you seen any of Raising Hope? It's a really fun and sweet comedy. One of the best shows on TV in my opinion.

I've been watching it off and on. Still part way through the first season. Quite enjoyable and Jimmy's love interest is cute.

rodvik

A needed signing for you lot. Still surprised your first signings were not addressing your midfield.

Lunchbox

Banned
Garay would be a Fergie signing.

We've been linked to him since last January.

varela was a fergie signing, see how it was actually done before moyes was in office. but fergie didnt pull the trigger on garay, links dont mean anything. we are linked with bale and ronnie every year, who cares

if he signs now, its a moyes signing

lol @ anyone who thinks Garay is a Fergie, Moyes, Woodward or Fred the fucking Red signing. I told you all before that [football super-agent] Jorge Mendes has some sort of grip on our transfer dealings. All the information is there if you want to find it.

I guess you guys just don't want to find it though. Ignorance really is bliss.

lol @ anyone who thinks Garay is a Fergie, Moyes, Woodward or Fred the fucking Red signing. I told you all before that Mendes has some sort of grip on our transfer dealings. All the information is there if you want to find it.

I guess you guys just don't want to find it though. Ignorance really is bliss.

Dear God man, please stop. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Put up or pipe down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom