• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
why should i pay 60$ for a game that is done after 1 playthrough? oh because some self righteous save the industry shit? the industry can save itself if it wants to

I finished bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider and Metal gear Rising with a total of 7$, Titanfall will get my 60$ because i will play for 6 months to a year.

$=hours ratio

Yeah, don't think I've ever paid full price for a single player game. Just buy them second hand.

Only games I buy new are fifa and pes

GQman2121

Banned
What a debut week for Naughty God. He has quite the intro (Uncharted, UC2), then dials it up to board line full-on-retard mode this weekend (UC3). Incredible. It'll be interesting to see if he can bounce back in week two (TLoU). I'm rooting for him.

Koko

Banned
Yeah, don't think I've ever paid full price for a single player game. Just buy them second hand.

Only games I buy new are fifa and pes

image.php

What a debut week for Naughty God. He has quite the intro (Uncharted, UC2), then dials it up to board line full-on-retard mode this weekend (UC3). Incredible. It'll be interesting to see if he can bounce back in week two (TLoU). I'm rooting for him.

He will bounce back just for uncharted kart racer to be announced soon.

Salvadora

And herein is where the big disconnect will lie this summer, because from Liverpool's perspective, his disciplinary record means jack shit unless we're actively trying to offload him.

Guardian is reporting that £35m offer now, they're saying City are sniffing around too.

Interesting to note that two of Pere Guardiola's clients are Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin, both of whom we snatched up from under Barcelona's nose. That relationship may help us, possibly.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've seen some table predictions, predictably with people only bothering with the first 7 slots because the rest of the league doesn't matter.

Here's my go:

Chelsea
Manchester City
Tottenham
Manchester United
----
Liverpool
Arsenal
Swansea
Newcastle
Everton
West Brom
West Ham
Southampton
Sunderland
Newcastle
Norwich
Aston Villa
Cardiff
----
Fulham
Crystal Palace
Hull

I know I'm right about everything that I said. It's all going to come out sooner or later.

Gambit

I think my favorite currently running show is Veep. It's an amazing comedy and JLD rocks.

haven't watched any of it yet, but by some miracle, she is now more beautiful than she was during Seinfeld.

Sorcery!

btw. have you seen Elementary? It started out very slow and procederal but imo the season final reached Sherlock levels of awesomeness.

Really?! I wrote it off after two episodes and never looked back. If it really improves so dramatically, I might give it another try.

At the moment I am watching Person of Interest. Almost finished season 1. It's pretty solid.

Wilbur

Banned
I've seen some table predictions, predictably with people only bothering with the first 7 slots because the rest of the league doesn't matter.

Here's my go:

Chelsea
Manchester City
Tottenham
Manchester United
----
Liverpool
Arsenal
Swansea
Newcastle
Everton
West Brom
West Ham
Southampton
Sunderland
Newcastle
Norwich
Aston Villa
Cardiff
----
Fulham
Crystal Palace
Hull

Wooden did 17 so almost top. I did all 20 last year and got moaned at :( nowhere near ready to predict yet, isn't even August.

Feorax

Guardian is reporting that £35m offer now, they're saying City are sniffing around too.

Interesting to note that two of Pere Guardiola's clients are Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin, both of whom we snatched up from under Barcelona's nose. That relationship may help us, possibly.

We thought that with Raiola and Mkhitaryan. Turns out the prick played us, and already had the Dortmund deal sorted.

No offence to City, but their CL record is far from stellar. If CL football is the reason for his move, I'd leave it at least one more season and see how Pellegrini does.

Salvadora

Tottenham are like the anti-Arsenal.

Don't make top four = predicted to make top four

Make top four = predicted to finish below Liverpool

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The more I think about this deal, the more I realize this was just probably a bitch move by Guardiola to stick it to Rosell. How is Thiago guaranteed more minutes in a midfield as stacked as Bayern's? Pep probably promised him just to lure him away from us, and Tito didn't move a finger to persuade him. But I wonder if shit gets tough for Bayern during the season, you think Pep is gonna depend on a 21 years old? I don't think so.

Utd made a lot more sense for Thiago.

Maybe he'll succeed but if Pep really wants to use him well he can't put Thiago on a deep-lying midfield role he tends to be too careless with the ball he must be played on a 10 position (this way if he loses the ball the defense won't be exposed) that's where he can really show his talent.

Chelsea
------
City
ManYoo
Arsenal
(I'm not going to separate this bit like getting 4th place is something to celebrate)
Spurs
Everton
Liverpool
Newcastle
Sunderland
Fulham
Swansea
Southampton
Man Ham
West Brom
Stoke
Aston Gorilla
Norwich
------
Cardiff
Hull
Crystal Palace

Lunchbox

Banned
For one TLoU has got an amazing multiplayer. I don't care about the industry, but I care about great single player games and if nobody buys them they wont be made anymore.

Titanfall on the other hand presents everything that's wrong about the industry, with that piece for shit exclusivity deal and money-hatted impressions.

Last of us multiplayer will be dead in 2 months time when GTA and COD hit. i dont have the time of day to search for a party of 4 on message boards to play that, because people in real life (mainstream audience) dont have patients for these types of games

-all my friends from high school and college that i have played COD, Halo, Madden, Fifa with for the last 6/7 years will be on Titanfall, and thats all that matters for me. regardless of the games quality
-i will have both systems on day 1 so the exclusivity/moneyhat nonsense is not relevant to me

Great games will come along and sell 2-3 million copies (see last of us, tomb raider) and chug along. they will never sell like COD, Halo or fifa. nor will they go bankrupt.....ok they might but if your theory of games dying holds true i can stop playing games. they arent life and death.

Sony fought for my right to rent games for a 1$ a day, and will enjoy this right !

Gambit

Sherlock was really average/inoffensive.

I enjoyed 1 or 2 episodes.

Average? Inoffensive?

Can't say I agree. I can understand someone not liking it, but I thought some of the modernisations of familiar characters were quite daring and they all paid off. On top of that, the writing never came across as average. More love it or hate it.

The dialogue was snappy, the chemistry between the two leads is exceptional and the show clearly has a unique style.

Fry

Comedy shows I watch:

Shameless (GOAT)
Louie (GOAT)
Girls (meh)
BBT (fuck you haters)
Episodes (not bad at all)

I do not want to watch fantasy crap. Oh look a dwarf that is funny, lol, oh look a monster amazing, that guy got a sword wooooooooow. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more incest on television, but lets drop dungeon and dragons bullshit please.

It's not different than scifi, sure it operates outside the real of any sort of reality but the show doesn't go that far.

fuenf

Really?! I wrote it off after two episodes and never looked back. If it really improves so dramatically, I might give it another try.

At the moment I am watching Person of Interest. Almost finished season 1. It's pretty solid.

It's still procedural, but they introduced some nice twists in turn. Overall the season compares better to House than to Sherlock, but it really grew into its own. My primary concern was Watson's compagnon role, but minor spoiler:
her role changes significantly, they simply took there time and let her grow into the role & let things progress relatively naturally

If you do want to give it another chance, I think it would be possible to skip some of the first episodes an start around episodes 10 /11. Or the real short version: Episode 12 and then jump to 20,21,22, 23 and 24.

Timurid

Yup, #TeamAlison. Just because I kinda like the way her storyline went.

I must admit the series had a few surprisingly (somewhat) "shocking" moments.

Felix is awesome too. I can't believe he is Canadian too.

Tatiana totally deserves an emmy or at least a nomination for her performances.

My favorite Alison scene was when she was interrogating her husband with the glue gun. :lol

I never watched a comedy in the same manner of a normal TV Show, just whatever is on or download just the good episodes. Except for Seinfeld and Arrested Development.

Breaking Bad

Seinfeld

Top Gear UK

Mad Men

Game of Thrones

Arrested Development (S4 doesn't exist)

K1LLER7

"The best young player at United, and by some distance, is Adnan Januzaj, an 18-year-old Kosovo-born Belgian who was recommended to the club by Patrice Evra."

Pat don't leave!!

GQman2121

Banned
Fry is notorious for having shit taste in TV. I was on board with Dexter (S1-4) and Homeland (ep. 1-12) but they're currently awful TV. I suppose it's the network because Californiacation is pretty terrible now too. And their new drama, Ray something.....no thanks.

HBO is also struggling. Newsroom can be hit or miss; True Blood has a bloated cast that is largely involved in nothing interesting. Boardwalk Empire just never grabbed me after the first few episodes. I should probably give that another look.

The last season and half of Breaking Bad have been stellar. However, the first two seasons are heavily overrated. Tuco was too over the top for me. Everything involving him was eye roll worthy. The less said about Skylar and her sister, the better.

Walking Dead needs to come strong next season. They had a steep fall during the second half of season 3.

FX is my favorite network right now. Sons of Anarchy is still very good; American Horror Story & The Americans are entertaining; Justified; Louie; Sunny; Archer....and they have two new shows. They're just consistently solid in what they sign up for.

The best show of all time is The Wire. I thought we, as a species, had agreed on that.

Although I've lived in Baltimore since I was 8 yrs. old, and currently live and work in the city, The Shield is my favorite show. The Wire is #2 I think.

I know I'm right about everything that I said. It's all going to come out sooner or later.

Oh I'm sure. Sooner or later.....

fuenf

OC just becomes shit after Marissa dies.

Actually Season 4 recaptures a lot of the Season 1 magic.

F

FX is my favorite network right now. Sons of Anarchy is still very good; American Horror Story & The Americans are entertaining; Justified; Louie; Sunny; Archer....and they have two new shows. They're just consistently solid in what they sign up for.

The 'The Bridge' pilot was pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom