• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
"The best young player at United, and by some distance, is Adnan Januzaj, an 18-year-old Kosovo-born Belgian who was recommended to the club by Patrice Evra."

Pat don't leave!!
He better get first 11 minutes this season, we don't want another Pogba situation.

K1LLER7

He better get first 11 minutes this season, we don't want another Pogba situation.

Definitely. Don't want him loaned out.

Get him a new contract, keep him with the first team and start bringing him on in games this season. If he continues to perform well, he'll eventually become a starter.

Lunchbox

Banned
"The best young player at United, and by some distance, is Adnan Januzaj, an 18-year-old Kosovo-born Belgian who was recommended to the club by Patrice Evra."

Pat don't leave!!

man tears

#thankyoupatrice for saving uniteds future in these dark days

QYJC8vL.png

Gambit

Seen Orphan Black yet? Easily the best (new) show for me.

I enjoyed Person of Interest, so hopefully S2 will be available (in Germany) soon. Sherlock? Never really got into that, just don't like Cumberbatch.

Not yet, but I will find a way soon. It has only recently popped up on my radar.

It's still procedural, but they introduced some nice twists in turn. Overall the season compares better to House than to Sherlock, but it really grew into its own. My primary concern was Watson's compagnon role, but minor spoiler:
her role changes significantly, they simply took there time and let her grow into the role & let things progress relatively naturally

If you do want to give it another chance, I think it would be possible to skip some of the first episodes an start around episodes 10 /11. Or the real short version: Episode 12 and then jump to 20,21,22, 23 and 24.

Thanks, I might do it like that,

My biggest fear was that it would turn into a will-they-or-won't-they between Sherlock and Watson.

OC just becomes shit after Marissa dies.

It becomes shit way earlier. Season 2 was already a step down from the glorious season 1, but still had some highlights (Hello Alex!).

Season 3 was awful. Johnny the surfer, Volchock...just awful

If anything, season 4 was a step back in the right direction

kharma45

Definitely. Don't want him loaned out.

Get him a new contract, keep him with the first team and start bringing him on in games this season. If he continues to perform well, he'll eventually become a starter.

I hope we hold on to Powell and give him game time too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Average? Inoffensive?

Can't say I agree. I can understand someone not liking it, but I thought some of the modernisations of familiar characters were quite daring and they all paid off. On top of that, the writing never came across as average. More love it or hate it.

The dialogue was snappy, the chemistry between the two leads is exceptional and the show clearly has a unique style.
I guess I'm in the 'hate it' camp then!

I understand why you (and many others) like it though.

pappe

Adnan will leave to join a superior club like PSG. Utd are destined for mediocrity now.

So have fun fighting for 7th with Lolerpool
PSG will be destined for obscurity when Monaco owners and Falcao will use PSG jersey to wipe their semen off PSG players faces.
Ibrahmovich knows it that's why he is leaving.

Is this just the same stuff from earlier or is it something newer tonight?

info from a non media source whom i trust. what i was told:

- Man United payed the full clause (20 million)
- official confirmation before next Friday

edit: lol, Bebe was supposed to be part of deal but Benfica said no. no wants Bebe.

Timurid

PSG will be destined for obscurity when Monaco owners and Falcao will use PSG jersey to wipe their semen off PSG players faces.
Ibrahmovich knows it that's why he is leaving.

The only thing destined for obscurity is your silly club in Europe. Manchester is baby blue now.

I dont care about ibra. Thiago Silva is staying this year and Cavani is coming. Ibra can fuck off and choke in Spain for all I care.

Monaco are going to implode by december dont worry.

We've been HEAVILY linked with Garay for months. This is definitely not a Moyes signing.

Something very dodgy is going on between ManYoo and Mendes. There's no way you just go around signing loads of players he just happens to represent, including the most dodgy transfer of all time that was investigated by the Portuguese police (Bebe).

We're paying Fergie 37k a week to be a global ambassador. He's a puppet monarch:

A puppet monarch is a majority figurehead who is installed or patronized by an imperial power in order to provide the appearance of local authority, while allowing political and economic control to remain among the dominating nation.

There's literally no reason to still have him on the payroll, unless it's for the Glazers to shut him up, which it probably is.

Imagine if we offered Thiago an extra 37k a week. He wasn't a top priority though. Garay and Baines are top priorities.

pappe

The only thing destined for obscurity is your silly club in Europe. Manchester is baby blue now.

I dont care about ibra. Thiago Silva is staying this year and Cavani is coming. Ibra can fuck off and choke in Spain for all I care.

Monaco are going to self implode by december dont worry.
Looool Barca have money now. Silva will see the light soon. Timmyboy you will not see it coming. Once the Russian Is done his spending spree your Arabs will be embarrassed and sell your club for free.

kharma45

info from a non media source whom i trust. what i was told:

- Man United payed the full clause (20 million)
- official confirmation before next Friday

edit: lol, Bebe was supposed to be part of deal but Benfica said no. no wants Bebe.

Cheers. We'll likely be stuck with him until his contract expires lol.

We've been HEAVILY linked with Garay for months. This is definitely not a Moyes signing.

Something very dodgy is going on between ManYoo and Mendes. There's no way you just go around signing loads of players he just happens to represent, including the most dodgy transfer of all time that was investigated by the Portuguese police (Bebe).

We're paying Fergie 37k a week to be a global ambassador. He's a puppet monarch:

A puppet monarch is a majority figurehead who is installed or patronized by an imperial power in order to provide the appearance of local authority, while allowing political and economic control to remain among the dominating nation.

There's literally no reason to still have him on the payroll, unless it's for the Glazers to shut him up, which it probably is.

Imagine if we offered Thiago an extra 37k a week. He wasn't a top priority though. Garay and Baines are top priorities.

Yeah I don't like our relationship with Mendes, and I don't know much about Garay but €20m seems a fair lot of cash for him :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom