• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Clegg is a wheel of despair and hatred in the optimistic time of Moyeezus

He is Judas.

Fucking Garay, what the fuck. I cant even remember ever seeing him play.

He must have played against us when we had Benfica in the CL group stages the season before last.

But I can't remember how he played.

Wilbur

Banned
He must have played against us when we had Benfica in the CL group stages the season before last.

But I can't remember how he played.

We always have Benfica, that's what I'm saying. Genuinely can't even picture what he looks like. This better not be true. Why the fuck do we need six centre backs?

Rio's good for another year, unless Smalling and Vidic's injuries are worse than we thought.

arkon

We always have Benfica, that's what I'm saying. Genuinely can't even picture what he looks like. This better not be true. Why the fuck do we need six centre backs?

Rio's good for another year, unless Smalling and Vidic's injuries are worse than we thought.

4-0-6

Lunchbox

Banned
So Bild aparrently reporting that Pep is interested in Ozil. LOL what a fucking bitch, I remember when we had Ozil and we only needed to pay like 8 millions for him because he wanted to come to Barcelona and Pep shot the deal down. Now Pep wants him? I eagearly await Pep's crazy transfers at Bayern.

to Bayern fans, Pep bought Chigrynski, Henrique (this was when Tito prefered T.Silva back in 2008), Caceres, Ibra, Hleb... All flopped at the club. His only good transfers were Alves and Mascherano, and I give Mascherano to Messi more than anything, Messi lobbied hard for the club to buy Mascherano (Guardiola apparently had his doubts and Messi convinced him). All those shit transfers while giving away Eto'o and Yaya Toure.

thats the guardiola fraud act

-go to a club with a winning squad
-live off that for a few years while bringing in his shit transfers
-leave when they start to get shit

he made a career off rijkaard's squad, now he's extending that paycheck with heynckes'

Wilbur

Banned
Rafael, Varela, Garay, Jones, Evans, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Buttner, Smalling

Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Cleverley

lol

just lol

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck I know why people never come into FootyGAF and people post less nowadays

The only club we ever talk about is united and their shit transfers

From this moment on I'm not talking about United until we announce a signing

Lets talk about other teams

Salvadora

I'd lean towards Rio being replaced by him coming into next year.
Rio can play football though, which is the big differentiator.

Vidic has had so much injuries recently that it makes me wonder if United think it's a lost cause.
Rafael, Varela, Garay, Jones, Evans, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Buttner, Smalling

Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Cleverley

lol

just lol
I think it was Clegg who said that Jones will move to CM.

It will be like a new signing.

Kikarian

Bolton. :lol

Remember when we didn't sign any players from Madrid in that 2009 fire sale then we lost in the Champions League to a Robben wonder strike a couple of years later and probably wished we signed him instead of signing Ashley Young or Valencia, and then we tried signing Wesley Sneijder for 35m bones when we could have got him for around 13m bones when he left Madrid.

Remember when we could have signed Garay for about 4m bones from Madrid in 2011, but are instead going to blow 18m bones on him from Benfica, as if Benfica should be commanding those kinds of fees. He has 15 caps for Argentina. Who plays ahead of him? Colocinni or some mediocre piece of shit like that? I still remember signing him on Football Manager 2007 along with the likes of Sherman Cardenas, Nicolas Millan and Anthony Vanden Borre with Rafinha at right back and either Oscar Ustari or Guillermo Ochoa between the sticks.

Mendes is a fucking genius. Remember when I made a business plan for a football academy in the Ivory Coast?

They should stop being bitches and post more about their team.

kharma45

Rio can play football though, which is the big differentiator.

Vidic has had so much injuries recently that it makes me wonder if United think it's a lost cause.

I think it was Clegg who said that Jones will move to CM.

It will be like a new signing.

Vidic was pretty good when he came back at the end of last season. He's had bad injuries but he's only 31. Jones will be kept away from CM hopefully.

Giggs plays as a cm, but he's not a natural at it.

That's just sad.

He's shite at it tbh.

Shagwell

Speaking of, it freaks me the fuck out when I see any of you lot posting outside of this thread. It's like you lot are the fellas I have a chat with down the pub talking about the football while the rest of gaf is like the real world where we have no business running into each other.

I mean they're all still the internet but you get what I mean

There are simply too many United fans here. Every time I open this thread, there is that customary series of United formations or transfer talk. The MLS thread is more interesting.

What we should do to spice things up is assign each person a random club to follow and update the rest of us on.

kharma45

There are simply too many United fans here. Every time I open this thread, there is that customary series of United formations or transfer talk. The MLS thread is more interesting.

What we should do to spice things up is assign each person a random club to follow and update the rest of us on.

What a great idea.

lol.

Clegg

No.

That's a terrible idea.

Wilbur

Banned
We're into afer dark period, so let's not talk about football please, unless it's about Ivanovic or Hulk's butt.

I want to see Ivanovic naked. Is that weird?

They should stop being bitches and post more about their team.

BAYERRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN

Why the fuck is Hooper going to QPR

As in Gary? You serious?

Why haven't Arsenal or Palace or someone made a bid? To QPR looooooooool.

I hope Park escapes that shit hole

Speaking of, it freaks me the fuck out when I see any of you lot posting outside of this thread. It's like you lot are the fellas I have a chat with down the pub talking about the football while the rest of gaf is like the real world where we have no business running into each other.

I mean they're all still the internet but you get what I mean

:lol

I only really post here unless there's a thread about masturbating and/or pooping

I want MMA-GAF back in here. That was too funny.

We kept the best member though, sweet playboy Lamb Bhuna

Fuck Meus I was just beginning to love you again

Slizz

I want MMA-GAF back in here. That was too funny.

MMA-GAF is hilarious in general. I don't post in the Community thread but I post in most of the PPV threads as I watch most every UFC fight.

That being said MMA-GAF is literally Footy-GAF on steroids, I love when random people post in the OT threads about PPV's and are just shocked at the banter that happens.

Kikarian

Nope, not joining in.

mad-at-theinternet.gif

There's a fucking confederation tournament going on and you people can't be bothered to even pretend it exists.

Games? What games? There tabloid rumors to discuss!

Slizz

There's a fucking confederation tournament going on and you people can't be bothered to even pretend it exists.

Wrong, every game Brazil played was filled with hate and a small amount of love in this thread.

Same with Spain.

EDIT: It also had an OT, but I don't think I posted in it.

Kikarian

Hahahahaha fucking hell that's a throwback.

Fun fact. He sang at my uncle's wedding back when i was about three years old. Had me tux on and was on stage with him and fireworks came in that scared the living shit out of me so I cried my way off stage like a pimp.
Literally all I ever posted in was the gaming side. Now I hardly even go there and post.

Well, actually I always browse it and post, but not as often as I used to.

Wilbur

Banned

Lol what the fuck are you talking about

The confederations cup? We already did that

Or is it the U20? We have talked about it sometimes

Baby come on, just buy an Adnan shirt and hold me

Hahahahaha fucking hell that's a throwback.

Fun fact. He sang at my uncle's wedding back when i was about three years old. Had me tux on and was on stage with him and fireworks came in that scared the living shit out of me so I cried my way off stage like a pimp.

bahahaha omg yes

my exact reaction to this post

iYXbqTbB9Ahsc.gif

then I read "pimp"

iesfpRmpTbDqX.gif

Wrong, every game Brazil played was filled with hate and a small amount of love in this thread.

Same with Spain.

EDIT: It also had an OT, but I don't think I posted in it.

See that's the point. You have no idea what I'm talking about.

The gold cup. You know, the euro tournament for countries that matter.

There's a game on right now.

Wilbur

Banned
Slizz is American and still doesn't know loooooool

Is the gold cup the one America, Mexico etc play? Didnt they do that last year? Is that every year?!

GQman2121

Banned
Has anyone done the math over the last few seasons for the amount of money Benfica have generated by selling players to the Premier League? They've gotten us for at least £50m between Luiz and Ramires alone.

Was Garay apart of the Coentrao deal with Real? I don't recall.

Wilbur

Banned
Martinique beat Canada. Who the fuck are Martinique.

And Panama beat Mexico. I would have know if Regulus and Andres were here :(

Salvadora

I think if everyone started supporting Arsenal the thread would turn into the mental health thread pretty quickly.

It is the burden of the few.

Slizz

Slizz is American and still doesn't know loooooool

Is the gold cup the one America, Mexico etc play? Didnt they do that last year? Is that every year?!

Lol I know about it. Watched USA vs. Cuba yesterday, missed their first match because it was at 11 on a weeknight and I was out.

See that's the point. You have no idea what I'm talking about.

The gold cup. You know, the euro tournament for countries that matter.

There's a game on right now.

It would help to not call it A confederations cup, when the Confederations Cup wrapped up a couple of weeks ago.

I'd call it the Gold Cup because thats what it is called.

People here don't give a shit because there are barely any fans from the CONCACAF nations. Mainly Mexico fans and US fans here and the USNT has its own thread.

You can go back to the within 5 minutes of Corona's goal and see me posting "USA! USA!" in this thread.

Clegg

I think if everyone started supporting Arsenal the thread would turn into the mental health thread pretty quickly.

It is the burden of the few.

Arsenal fans were in the majority during Red Scarlets purge in the late 00's.

We won't go back to those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom