• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, it's so good to have a shitty rival.

Yesterday, Horst Heldt, director of sports at Schlacke who just recently took shots on a picture of Großkreutz at a fan club meeting, boasts that they will finish above us (soon) and they have the same financial power as BVB. The next day, their transfer fails because they don't have another €500k.

What a shit club

Lightning

Banned
I can't wait for Suarez to get back to Liverpool next week and tell Liverpool to get fucked. Madrid can push the Suarez deal through, we quit fucking around and seal the Higuain deal and everyone is happy.

Except Liverpool but no one cares about that anyway.

United fans, spending money at an unsustainable rate might bring instant success but if I were you I would rather, as you have done look to be a club who has constant stability and success at the heart of it.

Stability is so much more important than instant spending on the latest player you thinks looks good on youtube. This Football Manager sticker book mentality of "Oh my god, look at these clubs they are buying unproven foreign star XYZ", we must "SPEND SPEND SPEND" isn't always the right option. Sure you have to have money to buy quality players, and MANCHESTER fucking United have and for the foreseeable will spend large amounts of cash.

In comparison to the oil rich turds of clubs who are out spending you, yes do you not spend that much. But so what? They are freaks, unheard of until recently. And guess what? They will not last. They are finite bursts of success for clubs who do not normally experience it. And it is unsustainable. You want to join that club of sick, wealth disparity. creating clubs. Like the dubai of football clubs, just unnatural and sticks out like a sore thumb.

You are Manchester bloody united. Crying about not spending money is frankly a little embarrassing and pathetic, like an episode of My sweet sixteen where some brat complains about getting a maserati instead of a porchse.

This oil rich clubs are unsustainable, trust me you do not want to be one of them. I support a club who knows about unsustainable money and it is not very fun when you hit reality.

My two pence.

The interest of the club =/= the interest of the Glazers. They're two different things. Everyone wants United to spend within their means, and United can spend considerable amounts of money due to generating so much money. No one expects us to spend like the fan-owned clubs such as Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern, but we do expect to add those bits of quality to the squad when we're crying out for it, and we have been crying out for it in midfield for 5 years. We brought Scholes out of retirement instead of signing a new midfielder. That's the embarrassment, not us crying for a new midfielder.

You wouldn't have an issue if you sold the best player in the world, made a net profit of 70m and gave his shirt number to Michael Owen who arrived on a free transfer?

Another fantastic episode of BoB then.

Favourite characters so far: Winters, Lipton, Gunarie, Luz, Bull, and that guy who does the funny impressions.

Also you were right Kharma, Spiers is a fucking badass!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
25th*

We're closer to you than we are to you, or even Schalke or Aston Villa than we are to Barcelona and Madrid. Our wage bill is nothing compared to our revenue. But Real Madrid and Barcelona are fun as football clubs and United are run as a hedge fund.

Top 100:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...ity-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

That's an old list (2012). This is the latest one:

Top 10 global sports salaries

1 Manchester City £5,239,750

2 Los Angeles Dodgers £4,855,783

3 Real Madrid £4,718,172

4 Barcelona £4,690,430

5 New York Yankees £4,649,188

6 Milan £4,251,111

7 LA Lakers £4,090,913

8 Chelsea £4,058,742

9 Bayern Munich £4,000,036

10 Inter £4,000,000

I don't have the rest but all I know is that we're 35th.

But we're highly likely not doing the 4-2-3-1 next season.

It'll be 4-3-3 or 4-2-2-2.

But if we weren't to chance formation, then that could work. Though Xabi Alonso won't get as many games next season as he got this season.

Ancelotti's 4-2-2-2 isn't totally unlike Mou's 4-3-3. DM and a MC, 2 Wingers. The difference lies on playing Lavezzi as a deep lying forward, as opposed to Mou who played a more natural AMC behind the striker.

At Madrid there's nobody with the natural abilities to play as a deep lying forward.

We just had a french kid invading our mumble, it was.... weird. Was trying to speak English to his very best, we might need someone to tell us what he said later, he was certainly trying to tell us something important, i could tell in between the lines of "my skin is shit" "CHACKIE CHAAAAAAN" and on the question on how old he was "1.... 99..... 9....8."

Zabojnik

Favourite characters so far: Winters, Lipton, Gunarie, Luz, Bull, and that guy who does the funny impressions.

You haven't seen BoB before? How? A cinema lover like you. Baffling.

That's an old list (2012). This is the latest one:

I don't have the rest but all I know is that we're 35th.

I'm guessing it's not accounting for transfers so far this summer. I'd guess you've added about 250k to your wage bill so far.

But yeah, the idea of the likes of Milan and Inter being ahead of us is a joke.

David ‏@davidjaca 1m
€28m agreement between Sevilla and Man City for Álvaro Negredo from various reports (COPE, Estadio Deportivo etc) tonight. #MCFC

So City are going to buy Negredo and Jovetic? Seems a bit excessive. That said I really doubt Dzeko will stay at City for too much longer, maybe this season but not beyond that. In that sense getting Jovetic and Negredo in ahead of time could potentially be good planning.

Also I guess Jovetic can play as #10?

Timurid

David ‏@davidjaca 1m
€28m agreement between Sevilla and Man City for Álvaro Negredo from various reports (COPE, Estadio Deportivo etc) tonight. #MCFC

So City are going to buy Negredo and Jovetic? Seems a bit excessive. That said I really doubt Dzeko will stay at City for too much longer, maybe this season but not beyond that. In that sense getting Jovetic and Negredo in ahead of time could potentially be good planning.

yup

Wilbur

Banned
28m for Negredo is excessive in itself let alone the 30m for Jovetic, and the 35m for Fernandinho.

That's over 100m on transfers in already this summer including Navas

Fair play getting their business done early and maybe we have to pay up for players but still

pappe

David ‏@davidjaca 1m

Whyplayjovetic as 10 when they have Silva who looks more dangerous through the centre rather than the left.

Waste of a a player as well

/bitter

It really was.

He was/is an incredible player, we just had no need for him. We spent all that money and never even remotely tried to get the best out of him...and how could we, we had Ronaldo at the time, Rooney playing well. It was just so obvious it wasn't going to work.

I don't blame him at all...I mean I never really loved him the way many United fans did but for everyone concerned it was just stupid. Spurs got £30m at least lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f7%2fNegredo(A).jpg

2013%2f7%2fNegredo-Slumps.jpg

Is it official, more or less? Tomorrow is Melo's turn, ~5M€. We're not getting much for these players, but hey, 5M€ here, 10M€ there ... we're already up to about 20M€. Pretty good.

A few days late though.
KuGsj.gif

I don't think we're going to spend it to be honest. Unless, I dunno, fucking Zuniga?

You haven't seen BoB before?

SO ABOUT THAT

kharma45

Told ya. When he did his thang at the end of ep 8 I got fucking goosebumps.

Next episode is a bit of a lull before the hard hitting penultimate.

It's going to be fantastic when City's owners get bored playing Football Manager and they decide to pull out, and City are left standing there, like gimps, with loads of mediocre players like Negredo, Nasri and Milner on massive wages and they they get bought by Ken Bates for £1 and he leads them to the Conference North.

It's going to happen to City or Chelsea sooner or later.

I personally can't wait.

Zabojnik

A few days late though.
KuGsj.gif

I don't think we're going to spend it to be honest. Unless, I dunno, fucking Zuniga?

Marry gonna Marry. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll sign one between Kolarov and Zuniga. I think I must be the only juventino that rates Zuniga, lol.

Huge, huge downgrade. Negredo is very, very average.

And Jovetic is basically a finished player. He'll never fully recover from that nasty knee injury.

Yen

Loved Pacific Rim. GDT is God. Hopefully he gets a bit more prolific now.
It's going to be fantastic when City's owners get bored playing Football Manager and they decide to pull out, and City are left standing there, like gimps, with loads of mediocre players like Negredo, Nasri and Milner on massive wages and they they get bought by Ken Bates for £1 and he leads them to the Conference North.

It's going to happen to City or Chelsea sooner or later.

I personally can't wait.
I doubt that ever happen to either.

arkon

I'm still coming to terms with the €70 million Madrid paid for Illaramadani, so the Negredo price isn't as shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom