• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I'm still coming to terms with the €70 million Madrid played for Illaramadani, so the Negredo price isn't as shocking.

Yeah, when you compare any transfer to the Illarramendi one, they all seem cheap in comparison. Ridiculous money for a player they didn't know existed last month.

dc89

It's going to be fantastic when City's owners get bored playing Football Manager and they decide to pull out, and City are left standing there, like gimps, with loads of mediocre players like Negredo, Nasri and Milner on massive wages and they they get bought by Ken Bates for £1 and he leads them to the Conference North.

It's going to happen to City or Chelsea sooner or later.

I personally can't wait.

News at 11:40 - it's shit on City hour.

Never happening. Not to City anyway. People who say this, have no idea about Sheikh Mansour's vision for City.

pulga

Banned
Teach him well, Xabi.

1373885659_extras_albumes_0.jpg

My favourite bit of the whole Illaramendi costs XYZ is that it still gets Panty's knickers in a twist.

It would though, I mean €73m for him. Come on.

I'm guessing Pellegrini will stick Negredo up top, Aguero behind him, Silva on the left, Navas right, with Yaya Toure and Fernandinho in the middle.

And I have no idea where Jovetic will play

arkon

If Liverpool had signed McTairyAnn I'd have agreed they'd be dead certs for the title. Now they've only got a 70% chance.

#Facts

pulga

Banned
Im seriously baffled as to why City, a club with infinite funds, is going after such a BLAH player like Negredo.

I mean

He's so utterly BLAH

Yen

Yenrot, you've missed the wonder that is Naughty God.

Go and read about the Guardiola stuff, It'll have your sides splitting.
Link me. I'll return to my Internet sabbatical tomorrow.

I read Homage to Catalonia and Wizard and Glass over the week. Both enjoyable, want to become an Anarcho-Syndicalist, if only I knew what that meant. Gunslinger-era Roland would make a fantastic Naughty Dog/Kojima/R* game, or a HBO series.

FootballFan

You jelly? All that Thiago and Villa money (LOL) and cant even buy a defender.

True, window open for another 45 days, no worries.

Thiago was sold for 25m bro, not that bad is it? Villa's sale for 5m isn't too bad either. Anyways that has nothing to do with it.

70m for 'The Next Xabi Alonso", when Xabi Alonso himself, at his peak was never even worth 40m, so how is 'The Next Xabi Alonso' worth 70m? Seems stupid to me.

Like signing the next Gervinho for 40m, when the real Gervinho was never worth that.

arkon

Im seriously baffled as to why City, a club with infinite funds, is going after such a BLAH player like Negredo.

I mean

He's so utterly BLAH

Just have to look through their recent transfer history for more examples. How much did they pay for Robinho? Half an Illarramendi ?

pulga

Banned

Thiago was sold for 25m bro, not that bad is it? Villa's sale for 5m isn't too bad either. Anyways that has nothing to do with it.

70m for 'The Next Xabi Alonso", when Xabi Alonso himself, at his peak was never worth 40m, so how is 'The Next Xabi Alonso' worth 70m? Seems stupid to me.

Like signing the next Gervinho for 40m, when the real Gervinho was never worth that.

The stupid thing is you bothered to type all of that up when you obviously know Illarra wasnt bought at that price

Are you that bored

Zabojnik

I'm guessing Pellegrini will stick Negredo up top, Aguero behind him, Silva on the left, Navas right, with Yaya Toure and Fernandinho in the middle.

And I have no idea where Jovetic will play

I've been asking myself the same thing ever since the first Jojo to City rumors. He's basically Aguero 2.

It does, thanks. Not sure I understand it though. Zuniga was only dribbled past once every 2.73 matches? He's ... the best?

Turok_TTZ

CR7 as a striker? CR7 would vehemently oppose such an idea. I wouldn't want to piss off one of our best guys, would be rather counter productive.

We still need another midfield signing but... well I reckon we need to sell some guys off first. we are over the squad limit already. Benzema has done well to get fit for the preseason. I wonder if Varane has recovered from his injury yet? I would hope so, pepe in defense frightens me. Rather have Albiol in defense than pepe.

CR7 as a striker? CR7 would vehemently oppose such an idea. I wouldn't want to piss off one of our best guys, would be rather counter productive.

We still need another midfield signing but... well I reckon we need to sell some guys off first. we are over the squad limit already. Benzema has done well to get fit for the preseason. I wonder if Varane has recovered from his injury? I would hope so, pepe in defense frightens me. Rather have Albiol in defense than pepe.
Turok do you know anything about the potential availability of Lucas Digne?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

70m for 'The Next Xabi Alonso", when Xabi Alonso himself, at his peak was never even worth 40m, so how is 'The Next Xabi Alonso' worth 70m? Seems stupid to me.

What is this drivel?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It does, thanks. Not sure I understand it though. Zuniga was only dribbled past once every 2.73 matches? He's ... the best?

And 11 times (only) in 30 games.

Yup, the absolute best in the world.

panty

We still need another midfield signing but... well I reckon we need to sell some guys off first. we are over the squad limit already. Benzema has done well to get fit for the preseason. I wonder if Varane has recovered from his injury yet? I would hope so, pepe in defense frightens me. Rather have Albiol in defense than pepe.

Didn't you hear

Napoli paid 12m for Albiol LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOL if true. Yurt pls source, can't be that hard.

Isn't Casemiro a DM/CM? We don't need another CM. We're going to sign a striker or a defender.

Is that 70m figure one of those stupid "let's start including wages in transfer fees for no reason" figures?

He's just spouting shit as usual.

Salvadora

Link me. I'll return to my Internet sabbatical tomorrow.

I read Homage to Catalonia and Wizard and Glass over the week. Both enjoyable, want to become an Anarcho-Syndicalist, if only I knew what that meant. Gunslinger-era Roland would make a fantastic Naughty Dog/Kojima/R* game, or a HBO series.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=70376336&highlight=#post70376336
But really, everything is gold.

Why are you leaving us so soon?! You've been out most of the year!

Turok_TTZ

Turok do you know anything about the potential availability of Lucas Digne?

I would have to talk to the french guy I know about that man to be sure. He is not cheap if that is what you are asking. why, is manutd after him?
Keep in mind, PSG and Monaco are in on the guy.

edit: I would say not available. if manutd came knocking... maybe but he wouldn't be cheap and he would demand walking into the starting lineup.

FootballFan

Villa - Greatest Spanish Striker of All Time - Sold for 5.1m

Raul - Second best Spanish striker of all time - Sold for nothing.

Sorry bro's.

5.1m >>> 0.0m

honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't a permaban. welcome back lol

Haha me too, didn't expect a come back. Mods were nice about it I guess.

panty

No matter how many times you post that shit Villa was sold for 2.2M.

Get over it.

And LOOOOOOL for Villa being #1. Just no.

Zabojnik

And 11 times (only) in 30 games.

Yup, the absolute best in the world.

SOLD. But seriously, if dealing with De Cuntentiis wasn't such a pain in the ass, he'd be already training with us. Also, andresON would be forced to root for Juve, which is an added bonus (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom