• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Boruc

Lovren - Zabaleta - Bassong

Michu - Paulinho - Bale - Fernandinho - Schneiderlin

Benteke - Bony

Full of Win!
Fernandinho will suck, just ask Naughty G. Needs more goal scoring mids :p (they should do a Ligue 1 Fantasy League)

Just realised Wanayama is only 5.0. Bargain!

Some changes: Luiz, Zaha and Kone out > Zabaleta, Wanayama and Benteke in.

Timurid

Good luck to everyone who picked Fernand "I scored 2 goals in the Ukrainian league for the biggest team last season and there are far more attacking players in City's first XI than me, so I will probably be one of the deeper players. Also, I can't get into the Brazilian team so it's more likely that City overpaid for me rather than me being a top talent, which I'm not since I was playing for Shaktar at the age of 28" inho.

salt.jpg

Meier

Whoa. Fulham has a youngster named Moussa Dembele but he's French. Just scored a winner to beat Spurs in ET in a Capital One Cup game in my FM save, lol.

Meier

rather than me being a top talent, which I'm not since I was playing for Shaktar at the age of 28" inho.

Your last bit is absolutely asinine. He was still paying there since his buy-out clause was €50m/£42.5m and that's a huge fee for a midfielder. They didn't want him to leave since he was their vice-captain and had played 284 games for them. They made a documentary about him even -- he was as loved as a player could possibly be.

173095504-shakhtar-former-midfielder-brazilian-gettyimages.jpg

qindarka

Banned
On the whole "Chelsea and City are gonna die and I can't wait!" thing, I do have a sinking feeling sometimes that Roman will up and pull the plug on us. I don't really wanna end up like Portsmouth but you just never know. I don't think any club or their fans really deserve that.

We aren't that reliant on his money any more. We did record a profit last season after all and the increased TV revenue is only going to help. It's not like all our transfers are personally bankrolled by Roman, the club has significantly increased its revenue.

Only a matter of time.

And how long has this been said?

Chipotle

Cesc-y, everything about you so Cesc-y... etc etc

I wanna have Cesc on the beach...

When I get that feeling, I need Cesc-ual healing...

Not going to happen but thought I'd keep unitedgaf's spirits up with a few catchy numbers

Cesc-y, everything about you so Cesc-y... etc etc

I wanna have Cesc on the beach...

When I get that feeling, I need Cesc-ual healing...

Not going to happen but thought I'd keep unitedgaf's spirits up with a few catchy numbers
Lets talk about Cesc baby, lets talk about R.V.P.

GorillaJu

Damn you guys are fucking masochists.

Your team is a title winning side, there's no value in the market and you already have some good youth players coming through.

Ignore the cescy Spaniard eyeing you from across the bar. He's already got a plan for his tender Catalunyan bunghole and you're not in it.

MPW

Kaka sure seemed happy at the training session today.
Carlo will be severely disappointed soon :\.

i bet kaka was the happiest when he found out carlo is madrid's next coach

he will warm the bench, smile and collect his salary that he doesn't deserve for another season

Turok_TTZ

i bet kaka was the happiest when he found out carlo is madrid's next coach

he will warm the bench, smile and collect his salary that he doesn't deserve for another season

No, haven't ya heard? Carlo is gonna give Kaka a chance. Thats why I said Carlo is gonna be severely disappointed soon. Carlo seemed real happy to hang with kaka though. old friends reunited.

Messi

SHHHHHHH SHHHH TIMU NOWTHERE ARE ONLY DREAMS.

CEXY CESC AND THIAGO WILL BE SO MAJESTIC DEFENDING BARCAS ANUS

Thiago+Silva+AC+Milan+v+FC+Barcelona+UEFA+rFlZtTHv6SHl.jpg

SO HAPPY, NONE OF THIS PSG BUSINESS. THEY DONT NEED U ANYMORE

SHHHHH TIMU

FootballFan

SHHHHHHH SHHHH TIMU NOWTHERE ARE ONLY DREAMS.

CEXY CESC AND THIAGO WILL BE SO MAJESTIC DEFENDING BARCAS ANUS

Thiago+Silva+AC+Milan+v+FC+Barcelona+UEFA+rFlZtTHv6SHl.jpg

SO HAPPY, NONE OF THIS PSG BUSINESS. THEY DONT NEED U ANYMORE

SHHHHH TIMU

Look at T Silva. Looks like an angel gliding through the field.

Can't wait.

Timurid

Rosell said this earlier today after PSG announced that he is staying.
Thiago Silva is a player we want - the board as much as the coach. When it comes to him, the price is not an issue.

We are negotiating with people for whom money is not a factor. And if they're not willing to sit down and talk, we can't do anything.

It's a matter of the player convincing them to come over here and start negotiating.
What a scummy fuck he is.

His little minions are going to start singing his tunes.

Meier

bayern sold gomez for only 15.5m euros?!?! http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/7899?cc=5901

didn't bayern break their transfer fee record few years back to buy him?

i guess pep don't rate him high at all lol

i'm surprised bigger clubs and clubs in CL didn't bid for him
I'm sure his fee would have been higher if the club who bought him was in the UCL. Gomez is apparently excited about being a big fish in a medium sized pond. Clearly the fans are very excited about it -- seems like it'd be a great team to play for and they strike me a bit as the next Dortmund. A lot of upside at Fiorentina if they can keep most of their players outside of JoJo.

FootballFan

I'm sure his fee would have been higher if the club who bought him was in the UCL. Gomez is apparently excited about being a big fish in a medium sized pond. Clearly the fans are very excited about it -- seems like it'd be a great team to play for and they strike me a bit as the next Dortmund. A lot of upside at Fiorentina if they can keep most of their players outside of JoJo.

Borja Valero will rake in even more assists next season.

13/14 season:

1. Napoli
2. Fiorentina
3. Juve
4. Milan
20. Inter

GorillaJu

It's believable.

1) United scouts picked out Thiago as an undervalued player, available on the cheap and willing to move to get more playing time.
2) Moyes comes in and isn't certain that Thiago is the type of player he'd like. Probably going with his instinct.
3) Deliberation continues, United scouts don't want to force their recommendations on the new manager, new manager's doubts delay the deal.
4) Bayern step in, Thiago can be certain that Pep will want to use him, Bayern suddenly become very attractive given their strength in all areas of the pitch, and their recent success.
5) Clubs are happy to do business (Bayern and Barca) because Bayern offers to pay above the release clause, avoiding unnecessary paperwork for all parties.

Messi

It's believable.

1) United scouts picked out Thiago as an undervalued player, available on the cheap and willing to move to get more playing time.
2) Moyes comes in and isn't certain that Thiago is the type of player he'd like. Probably going with his instinct.
3) Deliberation continues, United scouts don't want to force their recommendations on the new manager, new manager's doubts delay the deal.
4) Bayern step in, Thiago can be certain that Pep will want to use him, Bayern suddenly become very attractive given their strength in all areas of the pitch, and their recent success.
5) Clubs are happy to do business (Bayern and Barca) because Bayern offers to pay above the release clause, avoiding unnecessary paperwork for all parties.

this

Salazar

Why is peculiar?

If what he really wants (in preference to technically gifted, defensively light passing CMs from Barcelona) is Fellaini or Strootman (if, indeed, that is what he predominantly means when he says we are light in midfield), then it makes awfully limited sense for Cesc to be target #1 and Marouane target #2.

Fellaini's cost isn't going down or up. What can happen is that someone else will nab him while United delay. So it can be fairly safely presumed that targets pursued ahead of him are players we definitely fucking want. And seeing as it appears Moyes has an imagination-straining boner for Cesc, it seems odd that he would turn his nose up at a supposedly eminently gettable Thiago.

Lightning

Banned
I'm baffled that Barca will be this aggressive in their pursuit of Silva. He turns 29 at the start of next season and will cost a lot of money so I would think they would go for the younger Mats Hummels.

If what he really wants (in preference to technically gifted, defensively light passing CMs from Barcelona) is Fellaini or Strootman (if, indeed, that is what he predominantly means when he says we are light in midfield), then it makes awfully limited sense for Cesc to be target #1 and Marouane target #2.

Fellaini's cost isn't going down or up. What can happen is that someone else will nab him while United delay. So it can be fairly safely presumed that targets pursued ahead of him are players we definitely fucking want. And seeing as it appears Moyes has an imagination-straining boner for Cesc, it seems odd that he would turn his nose up at a supposedly eminently gettable Thiago.

Premier League proven. And Moyes says he wants two midfielders.

But I don't think he's got a bias against technical, perceptually lightweight CMs per se. He did bring in Arteta at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom