• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I'm not gonna build my fantasy team just yet. So many players are set to leave these shores.

Suarez, Rooney, Bale etc.

Clydefrog

Happy Birthday to The Octopus of Badia.

25 today.

SERGIO BUSQUETSSSSS

KAZW6GX.jpg

he's only 25? fuck.

he's gonna be the best for a decade!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gomez: Why I chose Fiorentina

“This move may seem strange to some, I had everything in Munich, but here I will have the chance to also play for my World Cup place.”

“Nobody had to convince me to join this club, but Guardiola confirmed to me that the Fiorentina project and their attacking play was the right reality.”

Good luck, Mario. <3

13/14 season:

1. Napoli
2. Fiorentina
3. Juve
4. Milan
20. Inter

Hey I'll sign up for this!

So Ogbonnator's number is 5 then. ;)

Arnie

I love how the Thiago saga ended with the revelation that Moyes' indecision caused a wobble. All those days United-GAF were getting tetchy, and we all assumed things were ticking along behind the scenes, Moyes was actually locked in deep thought about Thiago's physique.

phaze

so I guess Sagna's not getting sold this summer? It's the right decision, if so. He's experienced and we wouldn't be getting a particularly respectable fee for him anyways, even if he's lost a step or two after the two leg breaks.

I feel the same. Not getting any money for him when the contract runs out is bad but we wouldn't buy any worthwhile replacement even if we did menage to sell him this summer.

kharma45

Fucking Virgin Media bell ends. Phoned up to cancel, was told this had been done and just got another bill as it appears they never fucking did what I asked in the end. Morons.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What's Cesc Fab's best position? It can't be CM?

If he's a trequartista, then you don't really need him. You still have Kagawa and Rooney.

Arnie

All Arnold's little Moyeezus jibes will be hilarious when we win the league and Liverpool come 7th again
After losing to the Singha Shitehawks, United fans aren't even sure that their team will beat an Owen Coyle Championhip outfit. That's all I want at this stage. The slug's doing everything I'd hoped.

I think ill start calling him Moyeezus, too.

P.s. my work sarny is full of Nandos chicken and sauce.

Wilbur

Banned

If he's a trequartista, then you don't really need him. You still have Kagawa and Rooney.

He played aside Gilberto in a loose 4-4-2 and did great, I'd definitely say his best position is CM.

Wilbur

Banned
After losing to the Singha Shitehawks, United fans aren't even sure that their team will beat an Owen Coyle Championhip outfit. That's all I want at this stage. The slug's doing everything I'd hoped.

I think ill start calling him Moyeezus, too.

P.s. my work sarny is full of Nandos chicken and sauce.

Wigan don't even have Kone to bully our fragile defence anymore. If we don't win 12-0 I want him sacked

Enjoy mi amor. You'll be the talk of the town when someone sees you rocking custom made Nandos sandwich, that's ingenuity on a cosmic level

I like getting a quarter chicken and tearing it all off the bone with a fork into a wrap and then halloumying the fuck out of it

FootballFan

For Barca he really can't fill in for Xavi, does better job of replacing Iniesta...too bad it needs to be the other way.

Wilbur

Banned
For Barca he really can't fill in for Xavi, does better job of replacing Iniesta...too bad it needs to be the other way.

I wouldn't say that's because he can't play CM though, just because he's an entirely different player than Xavi. Far more direct, doesn't set a rhythm like Xavi does. It's like Sanchez; he's certainly capable of playing on the right but looks out of place because his game doesn't necessarily fit Barca's

Arnie

Enjoy mi amor. You'll be the talk of the town when someone sees you rocking custom made Nandos sandwich, that's ingenuity on a cosmic level
Gonna hit up Budgens for a coke and a ripple, too. Lunch is gonna be m a d.

Receptionist is ill at work so a few of us are doing shifts to cover her. This is great, the first time I've been able to twaddle about on GAF for weeks.

Wilbur

Banned
Ah, right.

Is Carrick as good as Gilberto defensively though?

Nah, probably not. Underrated defensively, but probably not. I don't think it would be too much of a problem, but then I suppose that's why we're looking at Fellaini as well.

Which is quite promising, because it means - at least until Carrick gets older - we might be using 3 in midfield and I think Fellaini-Carrick-Fabregas would be wonderfully balanced (but I'll repeat it isn't happening lol)

Wilbur

Banned
Gonna hit up Budgens for a coke and a ripple, too. Lunch is gonna be m a d.

Receptionist is ill at work so a few of us are doing shifts to cover her. This is great, the first time I've been able to twaddle about on GAF for weeks.

Budgens near my work is fucking odd, the guys behind the counter are always arguing and telling each other to serve the customer. Pair of sporks always forget to charge me for strawberries as well LOOOL. Get fucked, local commerce.

First Team:

Neuer

Lahm - Dante - Martinez - Alaba

Schweinsteiger

Robben Thiago Kroos Ribery

Götze

Muller instead of Robben for sure. Muller will be like the new Pedro.

Blablurn

Budgens near my work is fucking odd, the guys behind the counter are always arguing and telling each other to serve the customer. Pair of sporks always forget to charge me for strawberries as well LOOOL. Get fucked, local commerce.

Muller instead of Robben for sure. Muller will be like the new Pedro.

Robben played himself into my heart last year. I would rather exchange Kroos with Müller.

Rio Ferdinand is conducting what can only be described as a merkathon on the Man United Twitter account. Apparently Zaha is bad at 'banter' because he can't back it up, Rio and RVP are the best at 'banter'.

I'll keep you all updated.

Wilbur

Banned
Rio Ferdinand is conducting what can only be described as a merkathon on the Man United Twitter account. Apparently Zaha is bad at 'banter' because he can't back it up, Rio and RVP are the best at 'banter'.

I'll keep you all updated.

You're wrong m8, RVP and Rio are the best at table tennis, question asked after Zaha kept beating Adnan

Fucking shit ITK u r

FootballFan

First Team:

Neuer

Schweinsteiger

Götze

I was thinking something like:

--------------------------Muller--------------------------

-Ribery-----Thiago-------------Gotze-----Robben-

------------------------Scweini--------------------------

-Alaba-----Martinez----------Dante--------Lahm---

-------------------------Neuer---------------------------

Would Gotze even work there? If not, swap with Muller.

Probably a bit too attack minded but fuck it, it's Pep.

Kenka

First Team:

Neuer

Schweinsteiger

Götze
Man that looks weird. Why go 4-1-4-1 when you have potent guys Kirchhoff and Gustavo at disposal ? One thing sure: Badstuber career at Bayern is over. Look at the crowd in the back 0_o
When not playing 4-1-4-1, I see the following formation:

Neuer
Lahm-Dante-Alaba
Schweini-Martinez
Robben-Müller-Ribéry
Thiago-Mandzukic

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fudge, it seems like we're stuck with Motta, Jorge -Uruguayan Bebe- Martínez, Ziegler and Ashton Kutcher. -_-

First Team:

Neuer

Schweinsteiger

Götze

Where's the Ballon d'Or winner? He should be starting over Robben.

Nah, probably not. Underrated defensively, but probably not. I don't think it would be too much of a problem, but then I suppose that's why we're looking at Fellaini as well.

Which is quite promising, because it means - at least until Carrick gets older - we might be using 3 in midfield and I think Fellaini-Carrick-Fabregas would be wonderfully balanced (but I'll repeat it isn't happening lol)

When we last won the CL we had Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Anderson in the squad.

Now it's really only Carrick and Cleverley; Anderson (pies), Fletcher (AIDs), Jones and Giggs don't exactly qualify as reliable midfielders.

Fabregas, Carrick, Fellaini, Clevdog, the almost-midfielders: at least that comes somewhere close.

qindarka

Banned
Man that looks weird. Why go 4-1-4-1 when you have potent guys Kirchhoff and Gustavo at disposal ? One thing sure: Badstuber career at Bayern is over. Look at the crowd in the back 0_o

When not playing 4-1-4-1, I see the following formation:

Neuer

Lahm-Dante-Alaba

Schweini-Martinez

Robben-Müller-Ribéry

Thiago-Mandzukic

I think you need wingbacks when you play with 3 at the back. Playing 3 at the back isn't really a method of cramming as many attacking players as possible into the XI.

Labadal

My FPL team:

Mignolet

Bassong
Mertesacker
Riether

Coutinho
De Guzman
Silva
Mata
Sessegnon

Lukaku