• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern lineups are pretty fun I see:

------------Neuer
Lahm--Dante--Javi--Alaba
----Schweini---Thiago
Muller-----Kroos-----Ribery
-------------Gotze

(In the big games, Javi moves to CM; one of Thiago or Kroos plays at AM.)

Everyone thought Barca would do a CL double, but this team might actually be the first. On paper, it just looks too dominant.

Jack cw

Starting Squad: 4-3-3

-Ribery---------------Götze-----------------Robben-

--------------Thiago----------Schweinsteiger---------

-------------------------Martinez-----------------------

-Alaba-------Dante----------Boateng--------Lahm---

-------------------------Neuer---------------------------

Salazar

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 12m
Wonder would Everton fans accept waving Marouane Fellaini off to Man Utd for £23m-plus if they then kept Leighton Baines? Suspect they would

Since when did the feelings of Everton fans matter ?

Fuck em. Take both.

Tobinishi

My Bayern lineup would be:

Neuer
Lahm-Dante-Javi-Alaba
Schweini - Kroos
Müller - Götze - Ribery
Mandzukic

Dont think Thiago should start over one of these guys yet.

Tc91

My Bayern lineup would be:

Neuer
Lahm-Dante-Javi-Alaba
Schweini - Kroos
Müller - Götze - Ribery
Mandzukic

Finally a Bayern fan with some sense.

Edit: I can't believe some of you Bayern fans are leaving Muller out, are you off your fucking heads?

Gambit

Agreed that he probably shouldn't, but he will. At least Pep's statements make me think so.

Man, I still have trouble comprehending the current Bayern situation. I think I still haven't realised that Bayern won everything last season.

In the dark days (Magath) we played no role internationally.

Then we bought Ribery (and Toni) and I was happy.

Eventually, I started wondering "How awesome would be it be to have someone like Ribery on the opposite side?" And we bought Robben.

There was always some player I dreamed about or a position I wish we had a different player for.

Now I am only thinking "well, I guess having Messi would be nice".

Jack cw

Edit: I can't believe some of you Bayern fans are leaving Muller out, are you off your fucking heads?

It is more insane to think that Pep will put Martinez as CB... He is besides Busquets the best defensive midfielder right now. It would be a waste to put him in the back when there is Boateng whos a way more capable defender.

Kenka

I think you need wingbacks when you play with 3 at the back. Playing 3 at the back isn't really a method of cramming as many attacking players as possible into the XI.

Alright, nice that you noticed.

My next optimistic (and realistic this time) line-up would be a 3-5-1-1:

Neuer
Lahm-Dante-Alaba
Thiago-Schweinsteiger-Martinez (Gustavo)-Müller-Ribs
Götze
Mandzu

Wes

venison crêpe
I have 5% battery left on my phone so will try and remember to watch this later, but what is it exactly? I liked the title aha

Portsmouth fans who are builders puting a shirt and scarf in the walls of Southampton training facility.

FootballFan

trGCdIN.jpg

Feorax

Isnt he a City fan?

:lol at the assumption that most Arsenal fans wouldn't welcome Cesc back. He's a top player, and was brilliant for us, of course we would have him back!

It's just brilliant;

Gerrard - Fuck Liverpool fans, they should have let him move to United to win more medals.

Fabregas - He should move to United, the medals he'd win at Barca aren't an issue.

No he's a Peterborough fan. I think. He doesn't like City.

He doesn't like anyone. He likes to be controvertial, but he does it in a way were no-one can actually respect the opinion he puts forward.

Goal.com seem pretty certain that Nani will sign a new deal as Moyes wants to keep him. I think I'm alright with that.

What I'm not alright with is the rumour that we're going to offer Garay £6 million a year. Just fuck off with that shit.

Feorax

Nani, Valencia, Young and Zaha is a fairly decent selection of wingers if you can keep 3 of the 4 of them fit and in form at any given time.

I'm interested to see if Moyes will try and re-create the Baines-Pienaar overlap style he used at Everton.

It's just brilliant;

Gerrard - Fuck Liverpool fans, they should have let him move to United to win more medals.

Fabregas - He should move to United, the medals he'd win at Barca aren't an issue.
:lol it's a masterclass.

Some fans didnt like the way he left the club, but i agree that most would love to have him back.

I have to say, I didn't really mind it when he left the club. Obviously I was very sad, but also happy for him as he was going back 'home'. I did think at the time though how they were going to fit him into the team somehow.

Recently, I've realised that the Arsenal shirts I have with names on have all left :( (RVP, Fabregas, Henry) But now I've got Cazorla on the away shirt...fuck lol.

Wilbur

Banned
Really? At this point, it looks like Seasons online is going to be a giant Bayernfest. It's probably going to be even worse than the Real-City-Bayern shit we've been putting up with in the last two years.

Don't give a fuck, I'll enjoy playing with them on single player tee hee

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Recently, I've realised that the Arsenal shirts I have with names on have all left :( (RVP, Fabregas, Henry) But now I've got Cazorla on the away shirt...fuck lol.

He's turning 29 this season so he's going nowhere.

Unless one of Barca's midfielders gets injured or something.

Nyx

Really? At this point, it looks like Seasons online is going to be a giant Bayernfest. It's probably going to be even worse than the Real-City-Bayern shit we've been putting up with in the last two years.

The solution : play with a 2.5-3.5 star team in Seasons.

It makes the game a lot more fun as well imo. (more randomness due to the lower level of the players)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rooney to Chelsea, Luiz and a few mill to United

Thoughts?

Nani, Valencia, Young and Zaha is a fairly decent selection of wingers if you can keep 3 of the 4 of them fit and in form at any given time.

I'm interested to see if Moyes will try and re-create the Baines-Pienaar overlap style he used at Everton.

I think it'll be alright. I guess I'm trying to rationalise things like there's no way our wingers could be that poor for two seasons running. We'll see.

ElyrionX

Don't give a fuck, I'll enjoy playing with them on single player tee hee

Maybe I'll do that too. Would probably feel like cheating though lol.

It was painful last year when I went online and played United exclusively. The relatively poor team combined with my crappy skills made for a frustrating experience. I hit a wall in division 6 I think and just gave up.

ElyrionX

The solution : play with a 2.5-3.5 star team in Seasons.

It makes the game a lot more fun as well imo. (more randomness due to the lower level of the players)

I......can't. I can only play with clubs I give a shit about and that's United more than anything else. And it sucks because United is one of the weaker 5 star club. The entire midfield is the definition of mediocre in Fifa.

Tobinishi

:lol it's a masterclass.

I have to say, I didn't really mind it when he left the club. Obviously I was very sad, but also happy for him as he was going back 'home'. I did think at the time though how they were going to fit him into the team somehow.

Some people mentioned that he went on strike to force a move to Barca and that's why they dont really like him anymore.

I think i will buy the new away kit with Wilshere on the back..

Nyx

@tancredipalmeri 1m
Official: Strootman joins Roma

20m? lol

I......can't. I can only play with clubs I give a shit about and that's United more than anything else. And it sucks because United is one of the weaker 5 star club. The entire midfield is the definition of mediocre in Fifa.

Ah!
I feel you though as I can only play with my fav club (Utrecht) but the good thing about that is that I never see opponents like Bayern/Barca etc.

I mostly see opponents from the Championship tbh. (Cardiff, Hull etc)

Some people mentioned that he went on strike to force a move to Barca and that's why they dont really like him anymore.

I think i will buy the new away kit with Wilshere on the back..

Yeah, I'm either going to do this...or wait until a new signing arrives (ST?) if that ever happens lol

Fudge, it seems like we're stuck with Motta, Jorge -Uruguayan Bebe- Martínez, Ziegler and Ashton Kutcher. -_-

It still shocks me that we bring some of these players back--namely Motta and Martinez--despite having absolutely no place for them. And they are in photos of training! Seems crazy to me. Wonder why Melo isn't training with us then?

I'd be happy to keep Ashton Kutcher about but what's the story with everyone else, Yurt?

ElyrionX

Ah!
I feel you though as I can only play with my fav club (Utrecht) but the good thing about that is that I never see opponents like Bayern/Barca etc.

I mostly see opponents from the Championship tbh. (Cardiff, Hull etc)

Haha luck you then. How far did you go in Seasons? And does the matchmaking take long to find you an opponent?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Sky sports saying 3 other English clubs in for Fabregas other than United :O

bjaelke

Swansea, Stoke and Arsenal
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 47s
Sergio Busquets has signed a new contract with Barcelona. Extending his deal until 2018. His new release clause is ϵ150m.

Happy Birthday you cheating cunt!

€150m?

That's like two Neymars rolled up in one transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom