• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Haha luck you then. How far did you go in Seasons? And does the matchmaking take long to find you an opponent?

I don't play a lot and am not a pro by far so I'm in div 6 after 60-70 games or so in total.

Matchmaking has been a bit slower in the last month but till then it was very fast, mere seconds to find an opponent each time, now it's between seconds and a minute tops I guess.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yeah Arsenal, Chelsea and City.

Goodbye sweet prince. Just sign Fellaini Moyes.

If Fabregas is willing to come back and we lose him to City or Chelsea I will be properly miserable, if he goes to Arsenal its sentiment and all that.

Big test for Moyes

Hes going to Chelsea aint he :(

qindarka

Banned
Eh, Fabregas isn't exactly the sort of player Chelsea are looking for. Someone more defensively minded would suit us better. Can't see us going in for him.

Apparently, we are looking at De Rossi but a source which I find rather reliable has indicated that the deal is in jeopardy after Maicon joined Roma.

Tc91

If Fabregas is willing to come back and we lose him to City or Chelsea I will be properly miserable, if he goes to Arsenal its sentiment and all that.

Big test for Moyes

Hes going to Chelsea aint he :(

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 4m
Fabregas staying at Barcelona. Vilanova: "I know he received offers, but I spoke with him and he told me expressively he wants to stay"

Moyes, you know what to do.

proxy.jpg

Get the biscuits on order lads. We will sell millions of these.

BDT1oUOCQAEIJhB.png:large

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ah well, apparenlty this was just said in the Barca presser

Vilanova: "I know he received offers, but I spoke with him and he told me expressively he wants to stay"

Moyes stop it

STOP IT

We are looking like fools :(

qindarka

Banned

Vilanova: "I know he received offers, but I spoke with him and he told me expressively he wants to stay"

Moyes stop it

STOP IT

Take solace in the fact that Chelsea and Arsenal have also been flailing around and thus far failing to address the holes in their squad whereas City have massively overpaid for two players.

Take solace in the fact that Chelsea and Arsenal have also been flailing around and thus far failing to address the holes in their squad whereas City have massively overpaid for two players.

You could argue that City have massively overpaid for all 4, although the price they paid for Navas seems reasonable.

Mr Cola

WHO PUTS IN A BID FOR A PLAYER WHEN THEY DONT KNOW WHETHER THEY HAVE ANY INTEREST IN JOINING

*CRIES*

Moyes stop it

STOP IT

I'm looking forward to the spin.

'Funds aren't an issue. We tried to find a Scholes successor: they simply weren't available. Now welcome Marouane Fellaini.'

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It still shocks me that we bring some of these players back--namely Motta and Martinez--despite having absolutely no place for them. And they are in photos of training! Seems crazy to me. Wonder why Melo isn't training with us then?

I'd be happy to keep Ashton Kutcher about but what's the story with everyone else, Yurt?
No midtable team can afford Ashton and he's not good enough for the top teams.

The others are simply shit. :(

Fuck Melo. No point in calling him to the camp since he's going back to Gala one way or another.

ElyrionX

We are not a top club. How can we be when we keep missing out on all our transfer targets and have to massively overpay to keep someone like Rooney hanging around.

Mr Cola

We are not a top club. How can we be when we keep missing out on all our transfer targets and have to massively overpay to keep someone like Rooney hanging around.

Its hard to believe despite all our faults we are the greatest team that has or ever will be

But thats just how it is :(

Mr Cola

Maybe in Bizarro world.

You've signed great players in the past, I don't think your team needs massive changes. There's certainly room for improvement, but that doesn't mean you have to go all-out like Bayern or Madrid.

I like new things :(

Its entirely conceivable now that we may not sign any more, the transfer policy so far has been utterly baffling, if reports are to be believed we had a chance to sign Thiago but Moyes wasnt too keen and put in an official bid for a player who was never going to join us. When the story came out the logical thought for fans was "they must know something we dont" because anyone could tell you that based on his prior responses a) he doesnt want to leave and b) he doesnt want to go to United. So having made a bid and failed within 24 hours im just left scratching my head.

I cannot imagine either happening under Alex

Fergie

Banned
Nani better stay. Valencia's form last season was hilarious. Nani might inconsistent but he can bring magic out of nowhere. Zaha and Nani in the wings. ;.;

Calm down United-Bros, what's with these comments. Believe in Moyes.

Simone Pepe: "I'll be training individually for another week before linking up with the team again. I'd like to be back and at the dispense of the team for the Supper Coppa on 18 August. Irrespective of the formation, I think that if we all show the kind of willingness we have done then anyone can play in any position. The team's strength over the last two years has been its organisation."

I can see Pepe becoming a wonderful coach when he retires. Very much in the Conte model.

Let's not go overboard. We might be in for another early 2000s period of sub-par European achievement but that's no disaster. Even in shambles, our midfield is serviceable enough to win the PL, especially if our wingers actually turn up this season.

I don't understand how you guys aren't used to this shit yet.

It happens every single summer.

If anything this all bodes very well for title number 21.

Salazar

Bit of realism hitting United fans? I think it'll be a tough first season under Moyes for you guys.

lol

Each pulverising 13/14 Villa defeat will bring me joy.

And I will be a happy man. I dunno why people are sentimental about Villa. Less morally objectionable than QPR and not as witless as West Ham isn't a selling point.

bud

Let's not go overboard. We might be in for another early 2000s period of poor European achievement but that's no disaster. Even in shambles, our midfield is serviceable enough to win the PL, especially if our wingers actually turn up this season.

don't do this to yourself, tim. city and chelsea actually have competent managers this time around.

united aren't going to win anything.

ElyrionX

Let's not go overboard. We might be in for another early 2000s period of sub-par European achievement but that's no disaster. Even in shambles, our midfield is serviceable enough to win the PL, especially if our wingers actually turn up this season.

We got smashed in the CL for a few seasons running now. We should be trying to correct that but we haven't and that's what makes it frustrating.

We got smashed in the CL for a few seasons running now. We should be trying to correct that but we haven't and that's what makes it frustrating.
2 seasons running.

It's not the end of the world. You think this is bad, a few weeks into Moyes' reign. What are you gonna be like if we're 6th after 10 games?

It could happen.

fuenf

Man that looks weird. Why go 4-1-4-1 when you have potent guys Kirchhoff and Gustavo at disposal ? One thing sure: Badstuber career at Bayern is over. Look at the crowd in the back 0_o
When not playing 4-1-4-1, I see the following formation:

Neuer
Lahm-Dante-Alaba
Schweini-Martinez
Robben-Müller-Ribéry
Thiago-Mandzukic

Alright, nice that you noticed.

My next optimistic (and realistic this time) line-up would be a 3-5-1-1:

Neuer
Lahm-Dante-Alaba
Thiago-Schweinsteiger-Martinez (Gustavo)-Müller-Ribs
Götze
Mandzu

What's with your Gustavo love affair? Gustavo unfortunately has proven that he isnt good enough to be a starter (at least not over Martinez). Gustavo is a bulldog, who you'll bring on to lock things down but I doubt that will happen much under Pep. He might be a viable alternative at CB though.

A Lahm-Dante- Alaba backline would be suicide. If anything a three player backline would most likely look like Boateng - Martinez- Gustavo. With Martinez in a libero type of position.

It's increasingly looking like there wont be a clear cut starting eleven like there was last year. The only guaranteed starter is Neuer, other than that Lahm, Alaba, Javi, Schweini, Müller, Thiago, Götze, Franck will be play lots of game but I wouldnt be surprised if most of them would only start 60-70% of the available games.

Let's look at all the possible position the Bayern midfielders can play:

Shaq: RW / LW / 10 / 9
Götze: RW / LW / 10 / 9 & (8)
Thiago: 6, 8, 10, RW / LW & (9)
Schweini: 6,8,10
Javi: CB / DM
Gustavo: CB / DM / FB
Ribery: LW / LB / 10
Robben: LW / RW / 10 / 9
Müller: RW / LW / 10 /9
Kroos: 8/ 10 / LW

With so many options it would be stupid to play a single eleven / system, I expect lots of creativity and unexpected formations from Bayern this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom