• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't do this to yourself, tim. city and chelsea actually have competent managers this time around.

united aren't going to win anything.

No doubt it's going to be much, much closer. Next few seasons are going to be like post-Schumacher Formula One before Vettel started dominating. Moyes has a decent edge with the most stable top four squad, the best striker and a strong young core (De Gea, Rafael, Kagawa, et al.). Hopefully he can be Vettel in this analogy and topple the bigger names too.

Zabojnik

Yurt is spreading lies about the chances of us selling top players like Motta and De Ceglie. Brilliant players all, every club would be lucky to have them. Call 188-6969-MARRY.

Zabojnik

Berardi: "Juventus? I have to discuss it with my agent and decide what to do, to sign or not."

BEPPE, DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING THIS UP. Seriously, this better not turn into Verratti 2.0. We fucking financed half of Sassuolo's squad just to get to Berardi next year. Get it done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Simone Pepe: "I'll be training individually for another week before linking up with the team again. I'd like to be back and at the dispense of the team for the Supper Coppa on 18 August. Irrespective of the formation, I think that if we all show the kind of willingness we have done then anyone can play in any position. The team's strength over the last two years has been its organisation."

I can see Pepe becoming a wonderful coach when he retires. Very much in the Conte model.

Conte "Winning is not important; it's the only thing that counts"

Pepe "Winning is not important, it really isn't. LETS HAVE FUN"

I love Pepe, it's a shame he's a bit shit.
KuGsj.gif

FootballFan

Yurt is spreading lies about the chances of us selling top players like Motta and De Ceglie. Brilliant players all, every club would be lucky to have them. Call 188-6969-MARRY.

Typical. Yurt just wants his team to keep all the best players at juve, even if it means they are benched.

Greedy. The di Maria of gaf.

Salazar

Based on Manchester United winning five of the last seven championships and crushing the competition last season. They have an outstanding squad, they have a (supposedly) non-shitty trainer.

Aye.

These stumbling goobers think they have reached the end of the desert and now they get to drink.

All is dust, bud. For you, there is no lemonade.

Based on Manchester United winning five of the last seven championships and crushing the competition last season. They have an outstanding squad, they have a (supposedly) non-shitty trainer.

This whole "Premier League is so exciting. No one knows who's going to win" shtick is bullshit. It'll be United or - if Moyes really sucks - Chelsea.

4eJut8M.png

as you all know, Karanka reached a deal with Madrid and left the club.

guess who "vouched" to find Karanka a job as manager in a new team?

ngD2B19063-FCF6-423E-AEF1-5C20865F3418.jpg

Karanka in the PL in 3... 2... 1...

Arnie

This whole "Premier League is so exciting. No one knows who's going to win" shtick is bullshit. It'll be United or - if Moyes really sucks - Chelsea.
Well three club capable of winning the league is a hell of a lot more exciting than the alternatives in other top European leagues. La Liga is a two way fight, and the Bundesliga and Serie A are decided already.

There is no straight favourite for the Premier League, there are so many variables.

bud

history doesn't matter. new manager. new staff. same old players.

meanwhile city and chelsea have proven managers. and giroud has had a year to settle in.

ElyrionX

2 seasons running.

It's not the end of the world. You think this is bad, a few weeks into Moyes' reign. What are you gonna be like if we're 6th after 10 games?

It could happen.

No this has nothing to do with our onfield performances and nothing to do with Moyes. Even under Fergie, we haven't been good enough in the transfer market. Sure, RVP was a major coup but other than that, it has been slim pickings.

Arnie

on paper there shouldn't be a clear favorite but 5 of the last 7 championships tell me something else
There have been three different winners in the last four years. Of those three teams calling a winner is almost impossible, especially with the new managerial changes.

Compare that to Bayern, Juve, or Barcelona, and their respective squad superiority.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
Three clubs? There's Manchester United and Chelsea. That's it.

Two clubs. Two. Zwei. Deux. Twee. Dos.

There's that other team from Manchester. The one who, I think, most people would say has a better squad than Utd and has, at the very least, just as competent a manager this time round.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
----------Aguero (Dzeko)---------------
Silva------------Jojo-----------------Navas
-------Fernandinho-----Yaya--------------

Guys pls

Bundesliga was a procession last year and its only going to get worse. Ligue 1 too to a certain extent.

La Liga is a two horse race every single year.

Even Serie A isn't exempt, is anyone really gonna topple Juventus this season?

Meanwhile change is afoot in Englad and a bunch of teams have a shot at winning the Prem this season.
Except Arsenal ofc.

Arnie

Thankfully I won't have to change my acc name because even if United should suck there's still Chelsea. City ain't gonna win, sorry.
Chelsea have the pressure of Mourinho on their shoulders. If he flops the club will be in turmoil.

mourinhostumbling.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom