• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Bid for Baines rejected, in any case, Evra is staying.
Long pursuit of Thiago (in the same team as Fabregas) gatecrashed by Bayern.
Bid for Fabregas rejected, in any case, Vilanova says he wants to stay.
Rumours for months have linked us with a CB we don't need who is represented by an extremely dodgy agent.
PL rivals are getting business done.

What on earth is going on? Fergie might have been able to get away with keeping the club winning on a reduced budget, but it's not just the Glazers crippling and siphoning money out of the club any more, but it's the bizarre and reckless transfer policy (even under Fergie). Three bids for three different players made public and rejected in as many weeks. Good grief.

Moyes needs to chill and the club really needs to wise the fuck up regarding transfers and cunty agents, which should have already happened after last summer.

I suppose the one good thing out of this is the realisation from the manager that we desperately need to strengthen our midfield. One or two decent signings is all it takes and we will be in prime position for the PL and going deeper in the CL than the previous few years.

If there truly is no transfer budget, Dave, and you want to significantly strengthen our midfield with a young, proven playmaker, then throw £40m at Dortmund for Gundogan and see where that gets us, don't be low-balling Barcelona for two of their midfielders, and Everton for a LB which we don't even need. Jesus...

Batigol

Banned
Ok lads, top 3 favourite players ever for your club. Go!

Mine:

iKW9q0z.jpg

Christophe Dugarry. Voted our greatest ever player after only one and a half seasons. Tells you everything :lol But he really was our most technical player in a team full of shit cloggers

ol9Imeb.jpg

Stan Lazaridis. Stan the man! Not the most gifted player, but he was quick as fuck and worked his ass off. Apparently he does crack now, idk

dcwd5Uc.jpg

Geoff Horsfield. Feed the horse and he will score. He was slow, couldn't dribble, couldn't pass, couldn't beat a man. Typical English player, but he scored some really important goals for us and he always turned up for the Villa games. I met him too when he wasn't pissed

qindarka

Banned
Doesn't Mourinho usually crumble as time goes on?

No real indication of that. He left Porto and Inter at the highest possible points and his departure from Chelsea was down to off the field bullshit, Chelsea remained a top team with the same spine until 2010. Madrid is the only club he managed where that happened, one season isn;t enough to draw conclusions.

Nyx

Ok lads, top 3 favourite players ever for your club. Go!

1. Igor Gluscevic
11928_010920-utr-graz2.jpg

A static striker but man could he score !
Also one of the most sympathetic guys at the club ever.

2. Jean-Paul de Jong
JeanPauldeJong45993_OP.png

Mr FC Utrecht, played 370 matches for the club.
Wasn't the most talented player but in EVERY game he gave 110%, also got 83 yellow cards in his entire careed which iirc is still a record in The Netherlands.

3. Johan de Kock
2211266-300-447-scale.jpg

Probably the best defender we ever had while we bought him as a striker...
He was also so fast that if he made a mistake and got outplayed he was fast enough to get to the attacker a second time.

Hixx

Forza Giaccherini!

Great signing, Hixx. Hope he does well for you!

Me too ;)

From the Juve official site:

"One of the protagonists of the last two Serie A titles left Juventus. Emanuele Giaccherini has been sold outright to the British of Sunderland, against a consideration of € 7.5 million payable in three years."

So £6.5m. Canny price too!

Clegg

Now isn't this a hilarious mess we've gotten ourselves into?

Next we'll probably bid less than Fellaini's release clause.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Remember clubmen we need a point today to stay up

Then we can run rampant and stomp the league next season

Lunchbox

Banned
time wasting pr stunts for fabrecunt and baines made us lose out on thiago and now strootmans about to sign with Roma

just get osman before you lose him too moyes

#comebackfergie

Showaddy

So Cesc doesn't wanna leave.

Well that was a waste of time.

Next...

I was completely baffled by these rumours. Cesc went to Barca a couple of years ago to be a long term replacement for Xavi and to win trophies.

Xavi is now visibly on the wane and Barca's midfield options are looking a bit shallower...so Cesc to United? Wut?

Me too ;)

From the Juve official site:

"One of the protagonists of the last two Serie A titles left Juventus. Emanuele Giaccherini has been sold outright to the British of Sunderland, against a consideration of € 7.5 million payable in three years."

So £6.5m. Canny price too!

LOL three years. Marry being Marry even in a sale.

Wouldn't say we did amazing on the sale, but its a reasonable price for the player and we can probably use it for an upgrade. Where is he going to play in your system?

Hoping Kolarov. Apparently Pelligrini wants him as a backup to Clichy, but doesn't sound like that's what Kolarov wants.

1:
Thierry-Henry.jpg

Thierry Henry

Don't think I've seen a better striker since he left for Barcelona. Absolute genius and possibly my favourite player ever. Changed the way I view football.

2:
patrick-v.jpg

Patrick Vieira

Absolute beast of a midfielder, inspirational captain and all-round nice guy too. Would love him to come back to Arsenal one day.

My next one is a tie :lol

article-1287109-01c84cba0000044d-155_468x286.jpg

Robert Pires

Lovely, lovely player to watch galloping down the wings. Clever, direct and always up for a goal! Dat goal against Liverpool hnnnngh

2244920226_e9e17581e3_o.jpg

Dennis Bergkamp

Another genius. What more can be said about this legend?

Wilbur

Banned
Owls boss Dave Jones has rubbished reports linking them with Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi.

Jesus christ..

He should stay at Newcastle for the rest of his life, picking up paychecks when he's 91 and only playing twice a season against Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom