• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Christian Vieri: "I'm a Juventus fan. I'm bianconero inside. Amen, I've said it."

FINALLY HE SAID IT

Bobo is my favourite Juve player, fuck this.

vieri+christian.jpg

Hixx

He should stay at Newcastle for the rest of his life, picking up paychecks when he's 91 and only playing twice a season against Sunderland.

The last time he played against he tried to score with a header.

And it went out for a throw in.

My favourite three?

And yeah, Giac will probably play on the left wing. Unless we play Mavrias there and let Giac play in the middle with N'Diaye or Cabral.

Zabojnik

Yes.

Don't want Zuniga EVER.

Yurt, post that picture. This Zuniga hate is ridiculous. He's been one of Napoli's best players for years and always played well against us. Might not be a fenomeno, but he jumps his man & crosses more often than not and is very, very solid in defense. Not to mention that he's very versatile, can play on the left or on the right, as a WB or a terzino. There are far worse options out there, imo. And I think Kolarov is one of them. Seriously, what's so great about Kolarov, not counting his dynamite shot?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, post that picture. This Zuniga hate is ridiculous. He's been one of Napoli's best players for years and always played well against us. Might not be a fenomeno, but he jumps his man & crosses more often than not and is very, very solid in defense. Not to mention that he's very versatile, can play on the left or on the right, as a WB or a terzino. There are far worse options out there, imo. And I think Kolarov is one of them. Seriously, what's so great about Kolarov, not counting his dynamite shot?

RCdo9qI.png

Is this the new AlabaFIFA.jpg?

Or rather '.png', for Naughty God.

Randdalf

Diarra wasn't there for long was he? I remember him being good for you though.

I thought Glen Johnson was always top for Portsmouth when he was there, and D'Alessandro was good on loan too.

I chose Diarra because I thought it was the best players not favourite players, but I expect James + Prosnecki would get on that list anyway.

Suen

I'd glady take Zuniga to Arse.

Wilbur

Banned
I chose Diarra because I thought it was the best players not favourite players, but I expect James + Prosnecki would get on that list anyway.

Yeah James was a proper decent signing.

Always has to be favourite I think when you're judging things like this. Obviously there's a lot of crossover anyway - Henry, Scholes, Shearer - but Rooney's clearly one of our best players ever and I couldn't give a fuck. Even Giggs, as long lasting as he's been and as amazing as he's been, there's been a fair few more I've liked.

I don't think kharma could name 3 favourite players. He just hates everyone.

Mines are Scholes, Ronaldo and the other could be one of many. I want to say Bobby Charlton, I've only seen video clips and a few whole games here and there but I just love him.

Top three? Easy:

Most charismatic man I've seen with our shirt. He was still good even when he was 37, truly a legend.

This guy was so good. So. Good. We basically were leading 1-0 when he was in our starting XI. Too bad he had to end everything with dumb excuses about his son.

He probably was my last "idol". At his peak (around 2007) it was really beautiful to see him play, after his first training in Milanello everybody agreed on him being the next big thing. Just like Sheva, too bad he had to put an end to it.

There are a lot of players worth a mention: Inzaghi (Athens '07 has to be one of the best memories ever for any milanista), Cafù/Serginho (both were incredibly fast AND good when it came down to putting the ball over Sheva/Inzaghi's head), Weah...

I haven't included the players from the early 90s, I wasn't even supporting Milan at the time (I was born in '89 and my parents never cared about football. My uncle showed me the road). Baresi, Tassotti, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Gullit, Desailly, Savicevic, Boban and many more I've seen playing only years later were simply amazing, those were our golden years.

Fergie

Banned
Based on Manchester United winning five of the last seven championships and crushing the competition last season. They have an outstanding squad, they have a (supposedly) non-shitty trainer.

This whole "Premier League is so exciting. No one knows who's going to win" shtick is bullshit. It'll be United or - if Moyes really sucks - Chelsea.
Urge to like Bayern rising...

United also gave RM a match and looked like we were gonna win. This gloomy stuff is just nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom