• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

r9ronaldo21-453x340.jpg

Greatest striker of his generation and, potentially, of all time in my opinion.
The one and only real Ronaldo. Def. the best striker of all time imo, played much more elegant compared to the top strikers today.

Just seen Torino's keeper Gillet's been banned for almost 4 years for match fixing

What with this and Oggy leaving, it's a good thing Timmy has Paris to flee to
:loooooooooool

Tito Vilanova on Pep: “People are not interested in personal issues, but Pep was not accurate and I was surprised. Nobody on the board has used my illness against him. I am delighted by the treatment of the board, they have helped me and are my family, they were concerned about me. We met in New York the first time I went over. When I was there for two months for treatment, I did not see him and it was not my fault. He is my friend and I needed him and he was not there. I would have acted differently. I will not answer any more on this matter. And if I have is it because the other day there was a reference made to me."

Sorry if old: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-tito-guardiola-visit-new-york-133013807.html

Tito Vilanova on Pep: “People are not interested in personal issues, but Pep was not accurate and I was surprised. Nobody on the board has used my illness against him. I am delighted by the treatment of the board, they have helped me and are my family, they were concerned about me. We met in New York the first time I went over. When I was there for two months for treatment, I did not see him and it was not my fault. He is my friend and I needed him and he was not there. I would have acted differently. I will not answer any more on this matter. And if I have is it because the other day there was a reference made to me."

Sorry if old: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-tito-guardiola-visit-new-york-133013807.html

Oh snap.

Wilbur

Banned
1- Henry (God)
2- Bergkamp
3-Pires
RVP

BTW guys today is my BIRTHDAY !!!

Happy birthday! Hope you have a good day.

damn

After what Rosell said earlier as well. This shit's nuts

Daniel Busch ‏@dan_bu
Rummenigge on Shaqiri: "Liverpool didn't make an offer. We neither want to loan him out nor sell him. Pep rates him very highly." #LFC

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Verratti: "What I can tell you I will play in the Serie A. Whether in 2 weeks or two years, I don't know."

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD
1- Henry (God)
2- Bergkamp
3-Pires
RVP

BTW guys today is my BIRTHDAY !!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY

Zabojnik

Zabo is the only Juventino on earth who wants Zuniga.

It's not that I want him, I just don't think Kolarov is that much better. You guys make it sound like he's some master crosser or something. And from what I remember he's truly terrible at defending. Whatever, maybe we'll go for the third option, which is ... I have no idea.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's not that I want him, I just don't think Kolarov is that much better. You guys make it sound like he's some master crosser or something. And from what I remember he's truly terrible at defending. Whatever, maybe we'll go for the third option, which is ... I have no idea.

Hey I don't like Kolarov either.
KuGsj.gif

Meier

I'd argue there's more reason to believe Pep on this. How would Vilanova even know whether Barca used his illness against him? Would Vilanova really shit on his employers?

It's a weird one for Tito. He has no career without Pep and really owes him everything.. you'd think he'd be loyal to him and simply refuse to comment either way to protect both sides (his employers and his friend). That quote expresses genuine hurt though.. it hurt just reading it.

Wilbur

Banned
Assuming it's someones good photoshop rather than a leak.

That's what I thought, it's a pretty brilliant photoshop. If true, odd way for a transfer to be announced/leaked

Why?

Marq to PSG and Silva to Barca, it was obvious.

How much is Marq costing? He was good last year, but if it's anywhere near the 30m mooted that's fucking ridiculous

Tc91

That's what I thought, it's a pretty brilliant photoshop. If true, odd way for a transfer to be announced/leaked

How much is Marq costing? He was good last year, but if it's anywhere near the 30m mooted that's fucking ridiculous

€35m apparently, absolutely ridiculous and Platini isn't going to do fuck all the slimy little rat.

Jack cw

By the way: Rummenigge said that there is no offer from Liverpool regarding Shaqiri and Bayern wont loan or sell him or anybody from the squad.
warum-das-boot-voll-ist-und-xherdan-shaqiri-wechseln-muss-126903648

Meier

Everyone was reporting the €35m figure so I'd imagine it'll be somewhere around there. Gab Marcotti was saying that was probably FAR more than Roma would have been happy to get (his column expressed it in dollars.. the bid as $45m, Roma's asking price as $30m) but that they were bidding that high to just end it and price Barca out of the move.

Dc, Meier, what's your view on Kolarov?

I love him on attacking.. honestly, it's a joy to see him coming up on the left and sending in his low crosses (poison balls as I like to call em) that can just rip a team apart. His FKs can be absolutely devastating. If we had kept that 3-5-2 system Mancini tried to use, he'd be the perfect player for the formation. As an out and out LB, he's probably not that great because his defending can be a bit of a liability. Very easily carded.

panty

Anyone want to buy Don't Starve 2-pack with me? It's about 6,5 euros each.

Single player game, on Steam flash sales atm.

Feorax

By the way: Rummenigge said that there is no offer from Liverpool regarding Shaqiri and Bayern wont loan or sell him or anybody from the squad.

Undoubtedly true, but he will need to get a guarantee of a decent amount of playing time this year ahead of Robben/Ribery, or I can see him pushing for a move (though I doubt it would be to us).

A shame Pacheco didn't work out for us, expect he will move on this week. I expect he will be going back to Spain.

Yen

That's very sad.

Zabojnik

I love him on attacking.. honestly, it's a joy to see him coming up on the left and sending in his low crosses (poison balls as I like to call em) that can just rip a team apart.

That's all I ever saw him do. Low crosses. Which is good and all, but we need *high* crosses for Llion.

To be honest, I don't know what to think of this. I'm not sure why either of those would lie, but then again I was surprised at Pep's comments in the first place. No idea what to make of all this. Pep being a douche seems possible, as seems Barcelona's managers being cunts.

The truth, as ever, is most likely somewhere in between.

It's sad either way. Until now I didn't know the two had fallen out, this seems to confirm it. Always sad when that kind of thing happens between friends (irrespective of Tito's cancer) but it's not that surprising I suppose - high pressure environments tend to lead to this kind of thing.

Something similar happened with Alex Ferguson and Brian Kidd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom