• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

Marquinho is going to Thiago Silva's understudy. T. Silva and Sakho are most likely going to be starters. Alex and Marquinhos will be back ups. In Ligue 1 you need depth especially that PSG plays in 4 different competitions. Also, the refs tend to hand out cards like candy and if a player gets up to 3 yellows then it's a 1 game ban. So the depth is needed.

Blablurn

iID1Hh4I6RMAY.gif

Tito Vilanova on Pep: “People are not interested in personal issues, but Pep was not accurate and I was surprised. Nobody on the board has used my illness against him. I am delighted by the treatment of the board, they have helped me and are my family, they were concerned about me. We met in New York the first time I went over. When I was there for two months for treatment, I did not see him and it was not my fault. He is my friend and I needed him and he was not there. I would have acted differently. I will not answer any more on this matter. And if I have is it because the other day there was a reference made to me."

Sorry if old: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-tito-guardiola-visit-new-york-133013807.html

Seems like problems between Pep and Tito runs deeper than we thought.

Was Pep that pissed with Tito for signing so fast with Rosell?

Meier

Oh wow.

Major major changes. A striker now gets 8 points for scoring.

No way is RVP not going into my team.

That explanation is a little misleading if I'm reading the whole entry correctly. It sounds like the 8 points is towards their BPS calculation which is what rewards the bonus points you see guys get after the game is over. It seems like they're just providing clarity into how they calculate the bonus points that are awarded.

Showaddy

Not sure about this new scoring system. Seems like it's going to take some getting used to, very subjective too.

Seems like this system will be very favourable to DM's. Points for high passing accuracy and for making tackles. Wanyama may not be a bad bet afterall.

Spurs fans should do well out of Dembele, Paulinho & Sandro then.

That explanation is a little misleading if I'm reading the whole entry correctly. It sounds like the 8 points is towards their BPS calculation which is what rewards the bonus points you see guys get after the game is over. It seems like they're just providing clarity into how they calculate the bonus points that are awarded.

Ahhhh of course.

Bloody hell, that's an awfully complex method for determining who gets 1,2 or 3 points at the end of each game.

That a relief.

Appointing Guardiola as manager is starting to seem like a masterstroke already. Gotze and now Thiago both itching to join so they can play under him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For Hixx

1912822_w2.jpg

“I thank Coach Conte who gave me the opportunity to emerge in these two years, to get to where I have arrived,” the versatile midfielder told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think most of the credit for that belongs to him. I thank him and I’ll do that over the telephone too.”

Having relied on Conte over the last 24 months, the former Cesena man has underlined how vital Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio will be for him in the future.

“I spoke with Di Canio yesterday and I think he will be fundamental for me seeing as I don’t know the language very well,” he added.

“I’m feeling some beautiful sensations. I arrive here with great enthusiasm, a desire to do well, to start again. This is a wonderful adventure.

“The Premiership is the most beautiful in the world so it will be wonderful and exciting. I’ll try to give my best.”

Giaccherini is hoping to immediately settle into his new surroundings given that Brazil 2014 is on the horizon.

“I’ve reached the national side and I want to keep a tight grip on that. Hopefully this new adventure will push me to get to the World Cup.”

tumblr_mq1aaoVpLa1sytotzo6_1280.jpg

Meier

Allegedly, Jovecity is going to earn 7M a year with City.

FWIW, I just read another article that suggested Negredo will earn £3.9m a year which comes out to £75k a week. Even if that Jovetic figure were in Euros, that'd be £6.08m a year or about £117k a week. I can't imagine there would be that much of a disparity between their salaries. Negredo is far more established at this point. The earlier report I'd read was Jovetic's salary would be around €80k a week (about £70k).

Messi

Tito Vilanova on Pep: “People are not interested in personal issues, but Pep was not accurate and I was surprised. Nobody on the board has used my illness against him. I am delighted by the treatment of the board, they have helped me and are my family, they were concerned about me. We met in New York the first time I went over. When I was there for two months for treatment, I did not see him and it was not my fault. He is my friend and I needed him and he was not there. I would have acted differently. I will not answer any more on this matter. And if I have is it because the other day there was a reference made to me."

Sorry if old: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-tito-guardiola-visit-new-york-133013807.html

Oh shit...shot fired.

There were rumours near the end of peps term with barca that him and tito didn't get on at all. The club denied it but this pretty much confirms it.

Premier League obtains high court banning order on FirstRow Sports

Am I DCing with this?

I wouldn't use it if I was able to watch Chelsea at 3pm on a Saturday. MOTD is highlights, I don't want highlights I want to watch it as it happens ffs. I can't go to the stadium so why can't I watch it?

In the US they get to watch them (and I assume other places), the whole "Nobody will go to stadiums" argument doesn't work me either.

Im pretty sure its a Uefa rule which would explain it as Platini is an idiot.

Zabojnik

Speaking of Giak, always loved this little video of Marchisio wishing him happy '18th' birthday. Babyface Giaccherini <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GwfXykcwO0

FWIW, I just read another article that suggested Negredo will earn £3.9m a year which comes out to £75k a week. Even if that Jovetic figure were in Euros, that'd be £6.08m a year or about £117k a week. I can't imagine there would be that much of a disparity between their salaries. Negredo is far more established at this point. The earlier report I'd read was Jovetic's salary would be around €80k a week (about £70k).

Rumor was we were offering him a 4M€ / year salary. €80k a week makes much more sense than 7M€ a year.

Feorax

Premier League obtains high court banning order on FirstRow Sports

Am I DCing with this?

I wouldn't use it if I was able to watch Chelsea at 3pm on a Saturday. MOTD is highlights, I don't want highlights I want to watch it as it happens ffs. I can't go to the stadium so why can't I watch it?

In the US they get to watch them (and I assume other places), the whole "Nobody will go to stadiums" argument doesn't work me either.

Im pretty sure its a Uefa rule which would explain it as Platini is an idiot.

It's utterly obscene really. Especially considering how much the likes of Sky and Virgin are charging these days.

I was hoping the BT sport package being free would force Sky's hand a bit, but all they've done in response is put up my bill by £2 a month. Twats...

rvy

Banned
Tito confirms Pep is a cunt.

Pep confirms Tito is a cunt.

Rosell confirms Barca is a giant breeding ground for cunts.

Meier

No FirstRow Sports could be brutal for Americans. I am anxious to see how the NBC getting every game deal is going to work.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We offered €7m for Coentrao according to Cadena SER.

Please god no. We don't need to buy defenders, certainly not Madrid cast offs. If we buy a LB it should be a young prospect not a continental flop.

Linius

Posting pics of nude women does not get you far on GAF.
RIP Junior.

You didn't want to see it

I'm getting conflicting signals here. Is Messi suggesting I don't want to see nakid womenzz?

Yes. Ignore it, hopefully it'll go away soon.

Can I just fill in a squad, participate in the Gaf competition and never look at it again during the season? I know shit about the PL but I'd like to play for once this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom