• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

To be honest it's just bad man management from the cave slug. You can't say a player's not for sale, and then the following day indicate they're a mere bandaid for the squad. Telling Rooney that his duties basically amount to wiping RVP's arse during a time when two other big clubs have shown serious interest in him is just dense.

Agreed.

What's the point of coming out to the media and saying that he'll need Rooney when RVP gets injured. It's in very poor taste.

To be honest it's just bad man management from the cave slug. You can't say a player's not for sale, and then the following day indicate they're a mere bandaid for the squad. Telling Rooney that his duties basically amount to wiping RVP's arse during a time when two other big clubs have shown serious interest in him is just dense.

Agreed.

What's the point of coming out to the media and saying that he'll need Rooney when RVP gets injured. It's in very poor taste.

:lol

Zabojnik

Higuain to Napoli will never happen, obviously. If it does however ... Someone at Arsenal would have to hand in their resignation. Like the whole board + Wenger.

It's not that I want him, I just don't think Kolarov is that much better. You guys make it sound like he's some master crosser or something. And from what I remember he's truly terrible at defending. Whatever, maybe we'll go for the third option, which is ... I have no idea.

Coentrao, if Madrid will sell.

What the fuck is going on? Lol.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT IT'S REALLY OFFICIAL! MARRY ON FIRE!!! You're finally free of what was argubly the worst signing of our recent history.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MARRYYYYYYYYYYY

-

Ladies and gentlemen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Premier League, please stand aside and behold my fantasy team, THIS IS A TEAM, YES!

zdJLNXc.png

I have no idea about English football.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Someone wake up Quiche so we can play this fifa business

Fergie

Banned
Coentrao, if Madrid will sell.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MARRYYYYYYYYYYY

-

Ladies and gentlemen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Premier League, please stand aside and behold my fantasy team, THIS IS A TEAM, YES!

zdJLNXc.png

I have no idea about English football.
Obertan and Santon? :lol

noal

Banned
Why doesn't he just concentrate on playing well and then he will be hard to drop from the first team?

Is he really that thick?

He's the one that wanted United to show ambition and buy better players and as soon as we do he starts moaning about not getting in the team!

Play better chubbs!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Why doesn't he just concentrate on playing well and then he will be hard to drop from the first team?

Is he really that thick?

He's the one that wanted United to show ambition and buy better players and as soon as we do he starts moaning about not getting in the team!

Play better chubbs!

Pretty much this, its inconceivable to me that a) He thinks contracts are a given and b) that he doesnt need to work to be in the team. Football is complicated in many ways, but a players situation is very simple, you play well you play, you dont play well someone takes your place, he wasnt playing well so someone got his spot.

And all this complaining about being second fiddle, heres a novel idea, play better than the person you're second fiddle to and become first fiddle.

G-Unit

Hello footbros.. I don't need to say this but.. kinda feel to let go some steam and i feel welcome here. My dad passed away a few hours ago, and well I feel down, but he taught me to keep on going. So thats what im doin...

in other news, haha tito puting pep where he deserves. Pep came a bit hypocrite when he called barca. I laughed a little to be honest.

noal

Banned
Pretty much this, its inconceivable to me that a) He thinks contracts are a given and b) that he doesnt need to work to be in the team. Football is complicated in many ways, but a players situation is very simple, you play well you play, you dont play well someone takes your place, he wasnt playing well so someone got his spot.

And all this complaining about being second fiddle, heres a novel idea, play better than the person you're second fiddle to and become first fiddle.

He's either really dumb or his agent fancies a new car.

Turok_TTZ

Benz looked real comfortable on the ball today. higgy being quite a professional so far. modric also looked comfortable. cr7 sure likes them old school shorty shorts.
benz, modric, some guy i couldnt recognise sure had fun playing keep away from cr7's group.

Fergie

Banned
Hello footbros.. I don't need to say this but.. kinda feel to let go some steam and i feel welcome here. My dad passed away a few hours ago, and well I feel down, but he taught me to keep on going. So thats what im doin...

in other news, haha tito puting pep where he deserves. Pep came a bit hypocrite when he called barca. I laughed a little to be honest.

Fuck, sorry to hear that bro. Keep on going on.

Lunchbox try me.

fOA0yQb.jpg

Arnie

Damn, sorry for your loss. Glad you're staying strong.

Suen

If Madrid didn't want to stump the cash, it didn't matter. The players only have so much say.. it's not like Napoli would have taken less next summer unless he absolutely shit the bed or something at which point there's no guarantee Madrid would still even want him.
De Laurentiis didn't want to lower the price either, even when Cavani criticized it for keeping clubs away. Not his fault really, think he did as much as he could in his situation. I just wanted to see him so badly in a white shirt. Now I get to see him in that oil club instead....the money showed him the way. Should have stayed in Napoli.

Napoli > PSG

Sorry to hear that mate :(

noal

Banned

Sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences.

Turok_TTZ

De Laurentiis didn't want to lower the price either, even when Cavani criticized it for keeping clubs away. Not his fault really, think he did as much as he could in his situation. I just wanted to see him so badly in a white shirt. Now I get to see him in that oil club instead....the money showed him the way. Should have stayed in Napoli.

Napoli > PSG

except psg at least made quarter finals. I expect Laurent blanc to do well with psg this upcoming term if all the pieces fit in their place. We didn't need Cavani, if we signed him, kiss Jese, Morata goodbye. not worth the trouble.

@ G-Unit stay strong mate.

Sorry for your loss G-Unit.

Footy-GAF bros are always here when you need to talk :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Condolences, man.

You'll get through it.

Hixx

My condolences, man.

If you need to vent or just talk shit you're in the right place to do it!

I'm really sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May your father rest in peace.

Lunchbox

Banned

stay strong bro

you'll bounce back stronger than Rooney going for his afternoon pie and Liverpool aiming for 6th

Suen

wow sorry to hear this man :(

Stay strong and spend some time with family and close relatives. We're here as well.

GQman2121

Banned

That's rough G-Unit. Hang in there. :)

Suen

except psg at least made quarter finals. I expect Laurent blanc to do well with psg this upcoming term if all the pieces fit in their place. We didn't need Cavani, if we signed him, kiss Jese, Morata goodbye. not worth the trouble.

@ G-Unit stay strong mate.
Nobody cares about Ligue 1 or PSG, Serie A has all the glory and
glory of the scandals
. Napoli has it's history behind it.

If we got Cavani we could kiss Higuain and Benz bye and let Jese and Morata stay. Sounds good to me. Alt. we could ship away Higuain and Jese or Morata and let Benz stay.

Lightning

Banned

Sorry man. Keep your chin up and sad to hear about your loss.

And I am enjoying this Pep/Tito-Barca spat. Hope Pep fires some more at Barca!

L1NETT

So Geoff_Arsenal has confirmed that the 30m man we bid for in January, was Cavani.

Add him to the list of big players Arsenal tried to sign. Might be getting close to that 50 man DoE expedition that Wilbury had to handle earlier on.

---

Sorry to hear about that G-Unit, stay strong.

---

We got a player called Raffaele De Vita trialing with us, ex Swindon. Pretty rare someone buys a Vita right. Right? (sorry)

Edit: Oop just thought of another one. We would sign him, but he hasn't got many games under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom