• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPn2np3Y0zU&feature=youtu.be

:lol Suarez in a commercial.

BPTWFoWCIAEg381.jpg:large

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watching through a stream?

Nope, just the twitter updates. I don't think there's any TV coverage of the match. The friendlies in Hong Kong will be on somewhere though.

Swindon keeper has made about 8 saves in the first 25 minutes.

Razor554

1069843_10152091884354899_1043566614_n.jpg

tumblr_mq0u3rAwDO1sw2pw0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mq0v1yLbEn1rjnrw2o6_1280.jpg

Vilanova: "Messi playing charity games during holidays? Don't see any problem, he has returned in great shape, better than ever."

Superman is ready to break some more records in next season.

Sell Fatty

Sign Cesc.

It seems the club are trying to get Rooney to say he wants to leave, you'd be better off with him at the club though surely? Oh well. £20m and a tour round Stamford Bridge and we'll take him off you.

Also, sorry to hear of your loss G-Unit.

Turok_TTZ

Nobody cares about Ligue 1 or PSG, Serie A has all the glory and
glory of the scandals
. Napoli has it's history behind it.

If we got Cavani we could kiss Higuain and Benz bye and let Jese and Morata stay. Sounds good to me. Alt. we could ship away Higuain and Jese or Morata and let Benz stay.
Wouldn't work like that. there is no scenario where morata or jese stays if cavani or for example, ibra comes. Higuain is already on the transfer list. Benz is going to stay being protected by Zidane and Flo and his release clause can't be matched even by psg anyways. its a lose lose situation. I want to keep Morata and Jese. Jese especially since he is the only direct backup for CR7.

Why do you want Cavani?

Tc91

Hello footbros.. I don't need to say this but.. kinda feel to let go some steam and i feel welcome here. My dad passed away a few hours ago, and well I feel down, but he taught me to keep on going. So thats what im doin...

in other news, haha tito puting pep where he deserves. Pep came a bit hypocrite when he called barca. I laughed a little to be honest.

Fuckkk :( my condolences, stay strong pal.

Clegg

It seems the club are trying to get Rooney to say he wants to leave, you'd be better off with him at the club though surely? Oh well. £20m and a tour round Stamford Bridge and we'll take him off you.

Also, sorry to hear of your loss G-Unit.
If we get Rooney to say he wants to leave then the club won't get as much shit from the fans.

Linius

Hello footbros.. I don't need to say this but.. kinda feel to let go some steam and i feel welcome here. My dad passed away a few hours ago, and well I feel down, but he taught me to keep on going. So thats what im doin...

in other news, haha tito puting pep where he deserves. Pep came a bit hypocrite when he called barca. I laughed a little to be honest.

Sorry for your loss dude :(

Carbonox

So FootyGAF, I need ideas on TV shows to check out.

Currently keeping tabs on the ongoing latest seasons of Dexter and True Blood, and I just finished Hannibal, so I have some space for one or two shows.

I'd say that I'd prefer for relatively new shows (like one or two seasons done) but I guess I wouldn't mind too much longer lasting shows if they're dat dere brodacious.

I need to finish the second half of Boardwalk Empire's Season 2 (which means I have all of Season 3 to catch up on), so I'm thinking of doing this first so I'm up to date, and then having another show to check out.

I've seen a few episodes of Mad Men Season 1 and thought it was pretty cool but seemingly lost interest. I wouldn't mind returning to that when I have more time given that it's on Season 6 or some shit now? Not catching up on that any time soon though.

Looking forward to Breaking Bad's conclusion next month too.

I've seen a load of Ray Donovan adverts on TV - is that any good? Looks interesting enough. I'm also curious about The Americans which I hear is fantastic.

I generally lean towards crime-related shows though. Serious and psychological ones like Hannibal are my current poison, given that I JUST finished Hannibal so it's really fresh in my mind (show is so fucking good I'm tempted to re-watch the whole thing).

Linius

So FootyGAF, I need ideas on TV shows to check out.

Currently keeping tabs on the ongoing latest seasons of Dexter and True Blood, and I just finished Hannibal, so I have some space for one or two shows.

I'd say that I'd prefer for relatively new shows (like one or two seasons done) but I guess I wouldn't mind too much longer lasting shows if they're dat dere brodacious.

I need to finish the second half of Boardwalk Empire's Season 2 (which means I have all of Season 3 to catch up on), so I'm thinking of doing this first so I'm up to date, and then having another show to check out.

I've seen a few episodes of Mad Men Season 1 and thought it was pretty cool but seemingly lost interest. I wouldn't mind returning to that when I have more time given that it's on Season 6 or some shit now? Not catching up on that any time soon though.

Looking forward to Breaking Bad's conclusion next month too.

I've seen a load of Ray Donovan adverts on TV - is that any good? Looks interesting enough. I'm also curious about The Americans which I hear is fantastic.

I generally lean towards crime-related shows though. Serious and psychological ones like Hannibal are my current poison, given that I JUST finished Hannibal so it's really fresh in my mind (show is so fucking good I'm tempted to re-watch the whole thing).

Well if you wanna be hip on what's new you should get going with The Bridge now. Episode 2 airs tonight. It's an FX original based on the Scandinivian series. But FX stands for quality and the pilot shows good promise. Same goes for The Americans which is also an FX original series. Loved that first season.

Other than that, you really should finish BE and get back to Mad Men.

Clegg

This whole Fabregas business is just so odd. The fact that all the papers got wind of the bid at the same time makes you think that we leaked it on purpose.

Meier

I didn't even realize Ray Donovan had started yet since I don't get Showtime any more. Guess I'll have to look into that as well.

We skipped The Killing season 2 since I had no interest in 1 case being spread out that long, but season 3 has been pretty interesting thus far.

Broadchurch was good if you haven't seen that yet. I think it was 8 episodes too which is of course somewhat unusual for a UK-based show.

The Americans was very good although not at the level of the best FX shows IMO. If you didn't see it, you absolutely must watch their show Terriers. It sadly only got 1 season but it's probably my favorite show other than Homeland s1 in years.

Terriers_2010_Intertitle.png

Ex-cop and recovering alcoholic Hank Dolworth (Donal Logue) partners with his best friend, former criminal Britt Pollack (Michael Raymond-James), in an unlicensed private investigation business. The series is set in Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, although it is portrayed as a distinct town, with Dolworth having once been a member of the fictional Ocean Beach Police Department.
This gets the HIGHEST possible recommendation I can give.

Suen

Wouldn't work like that. there is no scenario where morata or jese stays if cavani or for example, ibra comes. Higuain is already on the transfer list. Benz is going to stay being protected by Zidane and Flo and his release clause can't be matched even by psg anyways. its a lose lose situation. I want to keep Morata and Jese. Jese especially since he is the only direct backup for CR7.

Why do you want Cavani?
Nah with Higuain on the transfer list the arrival of a top striker would send away at least one of the two. It's the only thing I'd dislike about it since I'd want to keep both Morata and Jese as well.

I want Cavani because not only is he far better than any of our current strikers but he's a goalscoring machine. He'll score goals and impressive ones on top of that, with him in mind we could take off some of the pressure from Ronaldo. His work-rate is excellent and the guy works hard to defend as well, moreso than Higuain and Benz does. Cavani is a game changer, Higuain is not. Benz has been impressive since he's changed the flow of the game several times when he replaced Higuain but not always.

All in all it's really simple, Cavani would guarantee us more goals and a much more threatening front, you can't say the same about Higuain or Benz up there. The only disadvantage is that Cavani might not make as many assists as Benz do but with the focus of scoring goals on him other players could take a bigger role in giving assists to him rather than the opposite.

Linius

I just now caught up on the Cavani and Strootman transfers. Apparently Roma finally came trough with the bank guerantee. They're a good contestant in the race for most stupid transfer sum.

Lunchbox

Banned
This whole Fabregas business is just so odd. The fact that all the papers got wind of the bid at the same time makes you think that we leaked it on purpose.
it's a pr stunt

just like how arsenal say theyre going to sign players to renew season tickets and then put joke bids to say, oh we tried

Meier

Goal.com are saying United have offered Garay €7m a year.
Doubts over Nemanja Vidic's longevity and ongoing concerns over Chris Smalling's fitness have prompted Old Trafford chiefs to tempt the Argentina defender with mammoth offer

Manchester United have staggered the representatives of Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay after promising the Argentine star an annual salary of €7 million, Goal can reveal.

Old Trafford officials have held informal talks with those close to the 26-year-old centre-half over a contract worth €132k-a-week that would represent a significant rise on his current deal at the Portuguese club, with David Moyes keen to bolster his backline following a number of injuries to Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic last season.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...-stun-garay-with-7m-salary-offer?ICID=AR_PN_5

Timurid

I dunno, Timmy. Branca is the dumbest mothafucka on earth.
Branca is a one hit wonder. That Eto'o deal made him and since then he has been putting silly 5 mil bid for Lucas Moura and Paulinho. :lol :lol :lol

Didn't Inter sign Douglas or am i imagining things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom