• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Finished watching the Berserk movies. Hope they make a 4th movie.

Maybe United know Rooney wants to leave and see Cesc as his replacement?

Either way, if Rooney doesn't want to stay, sell him.

Turok_TTZ

Nah with Higuain on the transfer list the arrival of a top striker would send away at least one of the two. It's the only thing I'd dislike about it since I'd want to keep both Morata and Jese as well.

I want Cavani because not only is he far better than any of our current strikers but he's a goalscoring machine. He'll score goals and impressive ones on top of that, with him in mind we could take off some of the pressure from Ronaldo. His work-rate is excellent and the guy works hard to defend as well, moreso than Higuain and Benz does. Cavani is a game changer, Higuain is not. Benz has been impressive since he's changed the flow of the game several times when he replaced Higuain but not always.

All in all it's really simple, Cavani would guarantee us more goals and a much more threatening front, you can't say the same about Higuain or Benz up there. The only disadvantage is that Cavani might not make as many assists as Benz do but with the focus of scoring goals on him other players could take a bigger role in giving assists to him rather than the opposite.

Cavani is a pure 9. He will be starved of service mostly due to the team already being conditioned to pass to CR7. This will not change regardless who comes. Why do you think this will change? Still, we haven't had our first preseason match yet and who knows, maybe Carlo will change how we distribute our attack. I doubt it though, Carlo did say CR7 will be a key man in his plans. Cavani is not a game changer, he is a pure 9 and like all pure 9s, they can be rendered useless through lack of service. Real game changers are peeps like Messi, CR7, Robben, Ribery, Bale, Hazard, Mueller. Tarnish notte how none of them are pure 9s.

dc89

Hello footbros.. I don't need to say this but.. kinda feel to let go some steam and i feel welcome here. My dad passed away a few hours ago, and well I feel down, but he taught me to keep on going. So thats what im doin...

in other news, haha tito puting pep where he deserves. Pep came a bit hypocrite when he called barca. I laughed a little to be honest.

Sorry to hear this. Do as your dad told you and keep going.

Didn't Meier say a few months ago that Bale is the best player in the world and better than Messi :lol

Didn't he also say that Messi only scores tap ins :lol :lol

Peco

It's Roma's fans. They'll will asking for his butt( to stab it) the moment he missed a pass.

If they menage to keep De Rossi and Pjanic... Mmmh, what a sublime midfield.

Fuck, as a Milan supporter, I'm starting to lose my patience with all the crap Galliani and Berluscone are feeding us in the last couple of seasons.

Meier

Move to here then. We have bike roads galore :p

I've maybe ridden a bike once in the past 13-14 years or so. I miss it but once my best buddy in HS got a car I just never did it more or less. All of my friends who actually rode them to work, social events, etc. as adults have been involved in nasty accidents and/or had their bikes stolen. Just doesn't seem worth it these days.

Clegg

I think Fellaini will move to Arsenal.
They're fannying about with Suarez and Higuain right now.

As soon as we get rejected by Fabregas we'll probably go for Marouane. Its not like there's anyone else we can sign. Unless we decide to waste even more time by going for Modric.

Finished watching the Berserk movies. Hope they make a 4th movie.

Maybe United know Rooney wants to leave and see Cesc as his replacement?

Either way, if Rooney doesn't want to stay, sell him.

United aren't going to sign Cesc. Rememeber when I said that we're going to turn into Arsenal? It was in the first post I made in this thread. I said:

Remember when I pointed out months ago that David Gill has been replaced by a hedge fund manager [picutred] and that once Fergie leaves that we're going to adopt an Arsenal approach of winning in the board room, rather than on the pitch?

Remember when I said that Arsenal have only bid for Suarez and are pretending to be interested in Rooney in order to appease their fans who pay £1000 to renew their season tickets at this time of the year? I said:

Arsenal are only in for Suarez, Higuain and Rooney to get people to renew their £1000 season tickets. To be fair, there's a chance of you getting Higuain, but the other two aren't going to happen.

Remember when I woke up yesterday to the news that we'd bid for Barcelona dynamo Fabregas, 26, and instantly laughed because I knew exactly what our aim was with that pathetic £25m bid and we won't raise our bid, despite our unlimited funds, because it doesn't make financial sense to Ed Woodward, a hedge fund manager and Glazer prodigy? I said:

God, this is embarrassing. Welcome to the Woodward era, fellow United supporters.

Don't say I didn't warn you about this. Ridiculous PR stunt that's just going to make it more ridiculous when we sign some mediocre player. Woodward thinks he knows what he's doing, but it's not going to wash for me.

Remember when I told you that we're going to sign some shitbag midfielder from some mid-table side? It's going to happen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Still missing Ade, BAE, Dempsey, Paulinho, Sandro, Holtby and Dembele. Hopefully they make the next game against Colchester.

Meier

Didn't Meier say a few months ago that Bale is the best player in the world and better than Messi :lol

Didn't he also say that Messi only scores tap ins :lol :lol

No, I said neither of those things. I said Bale was playing better than Ronaldo.

And I said Messi scores a lot of tap-ins and he does. The percentage of goals he scores inside the box is extraordinarily high thanks to the caliber of his teammates and their passing ability. Bale was scoring screamers at the death week in and week out for months earlier this year. He definitely was playing as good as anyone in the world for a time.

Carbonox

I don't understand why Man Utd's interest in Cabaye went cold. He'd be a good partner for Carrick in the heart of midfield and he's a damn good player who deserves to be at a great club.

I'm thinking the interest in him died with Ferguson retiring. I'd like him at Man Utd if he has to leave us for a Prem team.

Wilbur

Banned
Hello footbros.. I don't need to say this but.. kinda feel to let go some steam and i feel welcome here. My dad passed away a few hours ago, and well I feel down, but he taught me to keep on going. So thats what im doin...

in other news, haha tito puting pep where he deserves. Pep came a bit hypocrite when he called barca. I laughed a little to be honest.

Hope you're okay, man. No idea what it feels like but it must be heart wrenching. Just keep yourself busy and around family. And think about Madrid losing again and again and again.

Much love

Linius

I've maybe ridden a bike once in the past 13-14 years or so. I miss it but once my best buddy in HS got a car I just never did it more or less. All of my friends who actually rode them to work, social events, etc. as adults have been involved in nasty accidents and/or had their bikes stolen. Just doesn't seem worth it these days.

The bike is so common over here, everyone rides bikes to everywhere. I ride my bike at least six days a week when bringing around the morning paper.

Micky just can't stop scoring, thanks a lot Bayern :D

Looked like Klopp's and Buvac's work showed impact on him and Aubameyang, they looked tired as fuck lol

If I was Fry, I'd request a name change to "Micky Tarian".

Meier

I think that still has only been reported via Sky Italy, but if he was making €6m+ it's still a notable savings to get rid of him in any way you can even without a transfer fee. QPR just had to do it with Djibril Cisse.

Ironically, in the game where we beat Spurs, Maicon came on and had an absolute stormer of a performance. He was instrumental in that victory.

Where the fuck are the Liverpool rumours.

Either we're doing a quite spectaculr job of keeping our activity quiet, or we blew our load on Aspas, Alberto and Toure, and missed out on the three who would give us some confidence going into next season

Zabojnik

fadetoblack is English, I think? One of the Juve fans on here is....

They all are.

Terriers_2010_Intertitle.png

This gets the HIGHEST possible recommendation I can give.

You're a man of fine taste, Meier. Terriers was indeed a sublime show. I was pissed as hell when they canceled it, but looking back ... I'd rather have one perfect season with the perfect ending than see it canceled halfway through season 2.

Go watch Terriers.

Is that why none of their teams can sell out their grounds, except for Juventus who had to move from their 70k stadium to a 40k stadium to be able to do so?

Give Italy England's stadiums, Germany's ticket prices (relative to income, Bayern excluded) and the organization that goes with it and we'll see what happens. The passion is there, it always has been, it's just too bad the infrastracture isn't there to support it.

G-Unit, stay strong bro. My condolances to you and your family.

deroli

Dortmund fans?

I don't remember any player being received like this in Dortmund. There might be a few fans standing outside the main building when a player signs a contract but that's it.

Whenever I see these videos of players surrounded by fans I think of the arrival of one of our former strikers, Marcio Amoroso, in greece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=222bfZUZmGg

And here are his stats for Thessaloniki. 12 games, 2 goals - but received a welcome of a superstar.

Meier

The one against us? Vertonghen couldn't handle him playing RWB at the Etihad.

Everyone was so certain that you guys were going to run away with it since it was 0-1 at that point but he made a huge difference. I forgave him for his shitty Champions League game against Madrid after that game. He had a few more quality league games but was shit again versus Madrid and then mostly injured after that.

FootballFan

Hello footbros.. I don't need to say this but.. kinda feel to let go some steam and i feel welcome here. My dad passed away a few hours ago, and well I feel down, but he taught me to keep on going. So thats what im doin....

Sorry to hear that mate.

Much love barca-bro <3

Dazzler

Where the fuck are the Liverpool rumours.

Either we're doing a quite spectaculr job of keeping our activity quiet, or we blew our load on Aspas, Alberto and Toure, and missed out on the three who would give us some confidence going into next season

It's worrying there aren't even rumours going on right now

Everyone was so certain that you guys were going to run away with it since it was 0-1 at that point but he made a huge difference. I forgave him for his shitty Champions League game against Madrid after that game. He had a few more quality league games but was shit again versus Madrid and then mostly injured after that.

I don't remember every thinking we would run away with that game. As I remember it once we scored we just sat back and kept giving the ball away.

dc89

I think that still has only been reported via Sky Italy, but if he was making €6m+ it's still a notable savings to get rid of him in any way you can even without a transfer fee. QPR just had to do it with Djibril Cisse.

Ironically, in the game where we beat Spurs, Maicon came on and had an absolute stormer of a performance. He was instrumental in that victory.

Yes he played well. Like Hargreaves, he was always going to be a risk. Could have been useful, could play no part what so ever.

The one against us? Vertonghen couldn't handle him playing RWB at the Etihad.

Yup.

GQman2121

Banned
Still missing Ade, BAE, Dempsey, Paulinho, Sandro, Holtby and Dembele. Hopefully they make the next game against Colchester.

How is Sandro right now? Any new kung fu vids online anywhere?

Strootman? Maicon? Both to Roma?

DDR to Chelsea?! ITSHAPPENING.GIF - PLEASEGODLETITHAPPEN

You want him? I'll take him, but for double the price we can bid on Fellaini ourselves and continue the Moyes jokes into the fall.

And everyone should be watching the only CBS show worth a damn:
22755.jpg

Four strong seasons already in the can. It's very good.

Meier

I don't remember every thinking we would run away with that game. As I remember it once we scored we just sat back and kept giving the ball away.

I'm saying when he came in, people figured it was going to get ugly since the last time Bale had played against him, he'd made him his bitch. But Maicon ended up being a difference maker and you guys obviously weren't able to exploit him on defense either. The entire thread was cracking jokes and the announcers were predicting gloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom