• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Holy crap I didnt expect MGS3 to be as cheesy as it is. Tbh 3-4h in I cant understand the hype, the graphics of the HD version are great and the intro was amazing, but the prologue was boring and the cut-scenes are some of the worst cut scenes ever. Why does everything have to be in slowo? I feel like I played 45min and watched more than 2 hours of dialogue already :(

pulga

Banned
Good luck, Calleti!

1373977786_717565_1373978017_noticia_normal.jpg

Loving Napoli, paying us 12m for crappy Albiol and about to swoop in for Higuain <3

Tc91

Can't hate on City-GAF, Meier is cool and well dc is my brother so.

--

Good read from Adrian Durham in the banned paper about Cesc.

At Arsenal, Cesc Fabregas wasn&#8217;t a big fish in a little pond, he was an Abramovich-size yacht in a bidet.

At Barcelona he has been the odd one out: he didn&#8217;t quite cut it, no matter what the assist or passing stats might tell you, and no matter how many minutes he played on the pitch.
Sure he won medals at the Nou Camp, but that&#8217;s not the issue here.

Arsenal may have first refusal on Fabregas if he is to leave Barcelona but he might as well have 'failure' tattooed on his forehead if he returns to the Emirates.

It&#8217;s time for Cesc Fabregas to step up to the plate. Wasted on the periphery at Barcelona, too big for Arsenal, Manchester United is his home.

Medals can be misinterpreted (remember Djimi Traore?), so having failed to achieve his targets so far in his club career, it is time for Fabregas to go to Manchester United and do something substantial, it&#8217;s time to become a major player at a major club.

You know where to come Cesc.

Holy crap I didnt expect MGS3 to be as cheesy as it is. Tbh 3-4h in I cant understand the hype, the graphics of the HD version are great and the intro was amazing, but the prologue was boring and the cut-scenes are some of the worst cut scenes ever. Why does everything have to be in slowo? I feel like I played 45min and watched more than 2 hours of dialogue already :(

Do one

pulga

Banned
On more personal topics, just wanted to say to G-Unit sorry for your loss. I lost my dad when I was 17 and well, I know the feeling bro :(

Also, congrats to Bla for passing your exam!

Meier

The injuries from cars sound horrific.

Driving a bike here would be perfect if it wasn't for the weather, stealing things is very uncommon here. I just left my bike unattended for an hour and a half and it was there when I was back for it.

I was SHOCKED to see how many bikes were unlocked in Japan. Even in Shinjuku where we were staying.. there were bikes as far as the eye could see that were just parked, without any sort of lock. It was such an interesting phenomenon to me. I did see a lot of them locked up in Akihabara and Roppongi, but on the whole, we would very often see them without a lock. You could do this when we were kids here in the US but now you're just playing with fire if you leave a bike unlocked sadly.

A lot of bike riders also get hurt by trying to avoid a car and losing their balance and falling/skidding. It's a very risky proposition.

On more personal topics, just wanted to say to G-Unit sorry for your loss. I lost my dad when I was 17 and well, I know the feeling bro :(

Sorry to hear that pulga. And I didn't mention it earlier but my condolences to G-Unit and his family. I've lost all 4 of my grandparents but have been spared as far as other family members are concerned fortunately.

Wilbur

Banned
50 chickens aren't gonna cook themselves.

Get to work boyo.

:lol

Already done, you dongle. It was actually 25 chickens, 15 Lemon & herb, 10 medium. 10 large chips, 10 large garlic bread, 5 large rice

And I wasn't grilling today, I was on floor

So suck my tiny Fabregas

I was SHOCKED to see how many bikes were unlocked in Japan. Even in Shinjuku where we were staying.. there were bikes as far as the eye could see that were just parked, without any sort of lock. It was such an interesting phenomenon to me. I did see a lot of them locked up in Akihabara and Roppongi, but on the whole, we would very often see them without a lock. You could do this when we were kids here in the US but now you're just playing with fire if you leave a bike unlocked sadly.

A lot of bike riders also get hurt by trying to avoid a car and losing their balance and falling/skidding. It's a very risky proposition.

Sorry to hear that pulga. And I didn't mention it earlier but my condolences to G-Unit and his family. I've lost all 4 of my grandparents but have been spared as far as other family members are concerned fortunately.

Do adults ever redo their green cross code? I wouldn't mind riding to work, but I can't remember anything at all about how to ride safely on the roads, and its illegal to ride on the pavements even when they're empty (I think)

bud

it's a slow starter indeed, and i agree with you on the cut scenes, but you need to keep playing. it gets a lot better.

FootballFan

Do one.

Larson

Banned

MGS series is cheesy, its Hideo! but MGS3 has always been my faviorite game (just beaten by TLOU), its a great game that gets better later on. The story and character pick up later in the game.

Wes

venison crêpe
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

The journos on twitter seem to be talking about this as if it's the final straw and Rooney will leave.

Arnie

Wait, Monero was part of that U21 squad? Sign him up. I'll gobble him like I did that chicken sarny before. I'll spread him over my hairy tits like the aftersun I've just generously applied.

And I'd well take Eriksen, for a couple of simple reasons:

a) I'd well take Sigurdsson, and by all accounts Eriksen is better than him.

and

b) We're a club that's now expected to finish 7th in the league and Eriksen was not long ago viewed as being well above that level.

and

bii) Taking punts on mistrusted talents seem to have become our modus operandi, with pretty bang tidy results. He'll spend an hour with Rodgers and a clipboard and be banging in the fantasy points faster than you can call Henrikh Mkhitaryan a bandwagoning lemon.

p.s. thinking of writing a book about my time in London.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is it just me or were Swindon's best players Pritchard & Luongo? Hard to tell who was shooting at who at times with half our youth team on the field.

Yeah, those two were the standouts for Swindon. I'm sure they enjoyed playing against their senior team-mates.

David Villa:
"It is true the idea was for me to go to the Premier League, because the biggest offers came from there.

"But then Atletico Madrid showed up and they did more in three days than others did in months."

You see, Levy? Hurry your shit up. Someone else is going to buy Benteke if you don't get a wriggle on.

Salazar

The journos on twitter seem to be talking about this as if it's the final straw and Rooney will leave.

Lol

He may have forgotten his contract, and journos might like to write as if it doesn't exist, but he is not a free agent.

Arnie, read James Boswell's London journals. Hilarious man.

fuenf

what do you mean?

it's a slow starter indeed, and i agree with you on the cut scenes, but you need to keep playing. it gets a lot better.

yeah most definitely I LOVE the setting and the characters, but wth was Kojima trying to achieve with the lectures on historic films?

MGS series is cheesy, its Hideo! but MGS3 has always been my faviorite game (just beaten by TLOU), its a great game that gets better later on. The story and character pick up later in the game.
thanks I'll continue on playing

Arnie

Arnie, read James Boswell's London journals. Hilarious man.

Just googled him and he looks a person that never actually existed. One of those people from a time before photography that's immortalised in acrylic, and thus to a simpleton like myself is entirely fictional.

Wilbur

Banned

Good.

I'm sorry but he's become a burden. He's utterly utterly dense, led astray far too easily by his agents and advisors, and far too invested in his own ego.

He's a footballer, basically.

But it's fucking ludicrous. He 'wants to leave' (i.e. give me a new contract) last time because we don't sign top players, that we've become uncompetitive.

So we go out and sign a top player, remain competitive and win the league, and now he wants out because said top player is performing well while Fat Roodas knobs about the pitch like the stay puft marshmallow man.

It's fucking tough. He's scored a fucking awful lot of goals for us. He's given me some amazing memories in a United shirt. The problem is he doesn't respect the shirt. And it's not as if I expect him - or any footballer - to stay loyal to one club, to relinquish player power because they genuinely love their surroundings. But there's better ways of wanting out than the ways he goes about it. He's on the level of Tevez for me.

This has been an awful week for the club, from available transfer targets leaving to embarrassing 'leaked' bids, to losing to a team with the combined ability of a paraplegic herd of goats.

And it'll be written that we've fucked up if we lose Rooney, that we've got rid of England's one true world class player and we'll pay the price. Probably in the short term; it's hard to find players as talented and versatile as him, let alone English ones. But long run, I want him gone. He's a blight on the club. Fuck him.

L1NETT

City fans are a good bunch actually. (Haven't been post oil injection mind). When I went up they sing constantly and importantly about their club. Unlike other clubs who I won't mention who sing about opposition managers.

Oh TC don't read Durham. The man is an uber knob. Just whips up controversy to provoke easily angered people to attack him. No insight, just garbage "journalism".

Spot on Wilbz, spot on.

3Sixty

:lol

Already done, you dongle. It was actually 25 chickens, 15 Lemon & herb, 10 medium. 10 large chips, 10 large garlic bread, 5 large rice

And I wasn't grilling today, I was on floor

So suck my tiny Fabregas

Had a chicken pita in Ibiza Rocks Bar that shat all over Nandos.

jtb

Banned
odd question: is there a way to download updated database for older versions of FM? FM13 runs like shit and has a shitty match engine, so if I could stick with 12 that would be nice...

Since when has there been a Sony TV channel on Sky?

Also, has anyone found that since Netflix has come about, they don't like waiting a week for the next episode of their TV shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom