• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Don't laugh at signing of the summer when you haven't made a single signing of the summer.
Even if we've made an approach, he could probably do better. Not bothering to muppet with this one. Surprised at the lack of Downing rumours, if we're actively trying to ship him off and add to our funds, you'd think there'd be reports of interest.
Downing doesn't want to go, and I'm glad. Doesn't deserve to be given the boot and he's played consistently well for over half a season.

K1LLER7

Darren Can
"Man Utd ready to SMASH their transfer record to sign Fabregas. The current record is £30.75m. The SMASHING proposed new bid is £31m. Smash."

Lol Dat PR and infinite money

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Darren Can
"Man Utd ready to SMASH their transfer record to sign Fabregas. The current record is £30.75m. The SMASHING proposed new bid is £31m. Smash."

Lol Dat PR and infinite money

looool

and some loonies thought they could afford Ronaldo or Bale

Feorax

Bernard would be a great signing for Liverpool but I don't really see why you need him given the attacking players already signed. I would have thought you'd be addressing other areas now, you still need at least two defenders and a central midfielder.

I would be mighty jealous if you got him though.

When it comes to wingers, we basically have Downing, and then Ibe and Sterling. We desperately need some depth on the flanks, especially if Suarez is off.

I thought Guardiola was Suarez's agent? How the fuck would he not know the clause in his own client's contract??

It's a difference in interpretation. Pere thinks we have to sell at £40 million, whereas the club believes that's the trigger to begin negotiations

Even if we've made an approach, he could probably do better. Not bothering to muppet with this one. Surprised at the lack of Downing rumours, if we're actively trying to ship him off and add to our funds, you'd think there'd be reports of interest.

Downing has reportedly turned down a move to West Ham.

FootballFan

I did actually have Stevie in mind but I'm sure there are others who have had the same skillset at a greater quality over the years, probably even with an added ability to play CB with their marking, tackling, positioning and heading ability :p

Ahh you mean someone like Yaya Toure? The man who played CB in a CL Semis and CL final, the defensive mid beast, the attacking mid monster.

The long distance shooting, the finishing, the strength, the pace, the stamina, the dribbling, the height, the tackling, the heading, he has it all.

Hitcher is right. Not only is Yaya good at everything, but he can play almost anywhere too.

Yaya is a god.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ahh you mean someone like Yaya Toure? The man who played CB in a CL Semis and CL final, the defensive mid beast, the attacking mid monster.

The long distance shooting, the finishing, the strength, the pace, the stamina, the dribbling, the height, the tackling, the heading, he has it all.

Hitcher is right. Not only is Yaya good at everything, but he can play almost anywhere too.

Yaya is a god.

I still can't believe we got rid of him.

Ushojax

When it comes to wingers, we basically have Downing, and then Ibe and Sterling. We desperately need some depth on the flanks, especially if Suarez is off.

Oh, I thought Aspas and Alberto could play there.

Yaya is a god.

He is a complete player. Unfortunately for City he's a lazy cunt who can only be bothered to display his attributes thoughout a match 6 times a season

LTWheels

Tony Barrett has confirmed our interest in Bernard, and apparently we've made an approach to his club.

£20 million release clause. Get hype!

Also says Pere Guardiola is pushing for clubs to bid £40 million for Suarez to see what the situation is with the clause in his contract.

God Damn, our attack will be styling this season.

K1LLER7

Telegraph article....
"Manchester United believe the financial burden of sanctioning the £51.3 million purchase of Neymar and Lionel Messi’s renegotiated £17 million-a-year contract could force Barcelona to strike a deal for the sale of Cesc Fabregas.

Despite claims by Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova that Fabregas “wants to stay here” in the wake of United’s £26 million bid for the former Arsenal captain, the Premier League champions remain confident in their prospects of signing the player before the transfer deadline next month.

Having been identified by manager David Moyes as the priority target in attempts to reinforce the club’s midfield, United are prepared for a protracted battle in order to lure Fabregas back to England.

But with United already hopeful that the 26-year-old is keen to move to Old Trafford, the club’s confidence has been further fuelled by a belief that Barcelona are in a process of raising funds and reducing their wage bill ­following the signing of Brazilian forward ­Neymar and confirmation of Messi’s lucrative six-year contract, which was signed by the Argentine in February.

The Spanish champions, who banked £17 million from the ­departure of Thiago Alcântara to Bayern Munich, have also waved through the cut-price £1.8  million sale of forward David Villa to Atlético Madrid.

Barcelona are also prepared to listen to offers for Chilean winger Alexis Sánchez, a £32 million buy from ­Udinese in 2011, and the Dutch midfielder Ibrahim Afellay, who spent last season on loan at Schalke.

While Barcelona would prefer to keep Fabregas at the Nou Camp, United’s offer has yet to be rejected by the club. Coach Vilanova is keen to retain Fabregas and he claimed yesterday that the player has informed him of his desire to stay.

“I know he has received offers from other teams,” Vilanova said. “But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here. He has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona. He doesn’t want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time. He knows there is competition for places here, but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation.”

However, senior figures at United believe that a deal can be struck with a player who has grown frustrated by his lack of action in Barcelona’s key fixtures. Although Moyes has been told that he will be backed with significant funds in the transfer market by the club’s owners, the Glazer family, United are prepared to be patient in their pursuit of Fabregas before considering an increased offer."

Wilbur

Banned
What the fuck

Tried to watch community on Netflix PS3, says it wasnt available to watch instantly. Look online, it tells me to delete and reinstall the app

So I do. Now when I click community on Netflix it freezes my Playstation

What the fucking fuck

panty

Quick rundown of my three favorite players from my two team loving person <3

Gianluigi-Buffon.jpg

Best GK of all time

images

Probably my favorite player of all time.

TWO FOR ONE
images
zidane-former-french-international2.jpg

I LOVE THIS BALD BEAUTY

tumblr_m8ejm1K6pV1r43zy7o1_400.jpg

Most talented striker I'll ever see

images

The most complete footballer ever. Fucking machine.
Come at me Real brahs

Brah-fist

Ushojax

What the fuck

Tried to watch community on Netflix PS3, says it wasnt available to watch instantly. Look online, it tells me to delete and reinstall the app

So I do. Now when I click community on Netflix it freezes my Playstation

What the fucking fuck

As a piece of hardware the PS3 is an abomination.

As a piece of hardware the PS3 is an abomination.

I found the XMB/PSN software much worse in general. People may hate Metro on 360 but personally I think its good (needs improvements), it actually feels connected to the whole online thing. And the new store is worst thing ever. I mean layout wise its fine, but it runs like its in slow motion, pauses all the time, always loading, eugh.

I hope the PS+ money has allowed Sony to hire some UI designers.

FootballFan

On the last season of Curb now :(

Reaalllly like it, wish there were more seasons.

Larry's ridiculous unwritten rules of society are hilarious. Leon's advice is always so shit but so funny.

Meier

Bernard is excellent and would pair nicely with Coutinho -- that'd be a lot of creativity to deal with. He's so small though, it'll be interesting to see how he'd fair over the course of a season in England. He's basically like the midgets people make in FIFA Clubs but in real life.

FootballFan

Bernard is excellent and would pair nicely with Coutinho. He's so small though, it'll be interesting to see how he'd fair over the course of a season in England. He's basically like the midgets people make in FIFA Clubs but in real life.

Sleepless, killer7 and all the ManU bros always make their players tiny in clubs. I use 6'7 beast.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck this fucking piece of shit nothing fucking works there's no way two people are logged in and if there is how do you play the first five seconds of video before deciding that you fucking cunt machine fuck you netflix and fuck you sony

dc89

Sevilla have called a press conference tomorrow. Negredo will announce he is joining City.

Jojo's agent meets City tomorrow.

Meier

Sleepless, killer7 and all the ManU bros always make their players tiny in clubs. I use 6'7 beast.
The Chief (my guy, real name Noel Gallagher) is 5'10" I believe. Maybe 5'9". Robertoci sometimes makes his guy a 6'7" behemoth and it's a laugh riot watching him move like an utter tank since Robert always plays as an attacker.

Awesome is playing as a midget lately. The shortest guy is what, 5'3"? Bernard is 5'4" as I recall.

Wes

venison crêpe
"Barcelona are willing to sell Cesc Fábregas to Manchester United because the Spanish champions need the money, according to a highly placed source in Spain."

If only there was some cash rich club with a link to Fabregas out there...

FootballFan

Fuck this fucking piece of shit nothing fucking works there's no way two people are logged in and if there is how do you play the first five seconds of video before deciding that you fucking cunt machine fuck you netflix and fuck you sony

:lol

How far into Community are you?

Fergie

Banned
Well mine was 6 foot like my real life height but pace > everything else. It's the FIFA way.

2 people?, I let some family people use my Netflix and I've never had that 2 people thing. Very weird. Try it online to see if it works.

FootballFan

"Barcelona are willing to sell Cesc Fábregas to Manchester United because the Spanish champions need the money, according to a highly placed source in Spain."

If only there was some cash rich club with a link to Fabregas out there...

I don't get this, and I don't believe it.

Do people/papers really believe Barca will go into the season with Dos Santos, Roberto and Afellay as the main back ups for Xavi/Iniesta? :lol

I realise there'd be time after Cesc is sold to buy some other CM, but who would Barca realistically get to replace the massive hole Thiago and Cesc leave?

Fergie

Banned
I don't get this, and I don't believe it.

Do people/papers really believe Barca will go into the season with Dos Santos, Roberto and Afellay as the main back ups for Xavi/Iniesta? :lol

I realise there'd be time after Cesc is sold to buy some other CM, but who would Barca realistically get to replace the massive hole Thiago and Cesc leave?
Cleverley.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

How far into Community are you?

19 episodes. But signed into Netflix and it's reverted back to the British one so I can't watch it anymore. And still doesn't work.

Well mine was 6 foot like my real life height but pace > everything else. It's the FIFA way.

2 people?, I let some family people use my Netflix and I've never had that 2 people thing. Very weird. Try it online to see if it works.

Tried it on my phone and it's alright.

I just want to fucking watch something. Fucking piece of shit's really annoyed me.

jesalr

Spurs could probably do with Bernard, surprised we haven't tried harder for him. I love Lennon but I'm not entirely sure he'd work well in a forward 3, assuming we're going for a 4-3-3.

Bale will probably play to the right of a striker, so I imagine we'd want someone who'd work on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom