• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
These 4 are all great games,

Tough choice, can we not have both?? :p

Prince of Persia 09? If so that, although you can probably finish Bulletstorm in one to two sittings if you're dedicated enough.

Take Hitman of that last, horrible game mate.

Ico and Shadow later.

Cheers guise

Gonna go with PoP (its is the 09 one) since I've heard its easy because of the death-reversal mechanic but spectacular, which is what I want after the intensity of TLoU

Folklore is the most overrated underrated game I've ever played

@Hixx, d'you reckon Sly 1 will still be good bearing in mind that its a decade old?

Hixx

Cheers guise

Gonna go with PoP (its is the 09 one) since I've heard its easy because of the death-reversal mechanic but spectacular, which is what I want after the intensity of TLoU

Folklore is the most overrated underrated game I've ever played

@Hixx, d'you reckon Sly 1 will still be good bearing in mind that its a decade old?

I only played it for the first time when it got the HD release and I loved it. Sly 2 and 3 not so much.

K1LLER7

Definitely not happening now........
David de Gea, the Manchester United goalkeeper and Fábregas's Spanish countryman, would welcome his arrival at Old Trafford. "It would be great if Cesc came here," he said. "It would be great to have more Spanish players at Manchester United. He is a great player, very skilful, knows how to win things and you always want those type of players in your team."

Hixx

I'd heard that Sly 2 puts way too much focus on the sidecharacters but Sly 3 was a return to form. Not the case?

They are both different but 3 still focuses too much on Murray and Bentley. I got like 4/5ths through 2 before giving up (and I usually complete games, very rarely do I not finish one I start) and a couple of hours into 3 before doing the same.

Sly 1 is excellent though.

I'd heard that Sly 2 puts way too much focus on the sidecharacters but Sly 3 was a return to form. Not the case?
Sly 2 is more like a open-world type game; you have these huge hubs/worlds and in them there are levels. Sly 1 is a traditional platformer in the style of Crash. Haven't played Sly 3 tho :p

Salvadora

Throw in Ramsey and convince them it's a Spainard.

It's how we managed to sell Song
ramseygif.gif

You would sell the new Zidane?!

Hixx

BF3 singeplayer isn't worth the plastic its printed on, right?

It's a pretty spectacle but it's a very standard modern military campaign. Sniper missions, tank missions, large assaults, small spec ops teams, nukes... it's got it all but it brings nothing new. A couple of missions reminded me of pre-Modern Warfare CoD's campaigns which I really enjoyed but overall... very average.

It's terrible. Not worth your time, let alone your money.

'Free' with PS+

Kinda wanna play Jak 2 for the 7th time, but its a bloody hard game, and the camera speed is horrendously slow

Gonna start Sly in 90mins I think. Anyone wanna play TLoU in the meantime?

@Wilbury, did you complete it yet?

Dazzler

just tried to follow Geoff Keighley and I discovered he'd blocked me on Twitter

Went through a period there of just tweeting Doritos pope at him for a few weeks, guess that did it

It's Ramsey's skillz from last week!

Remember how good he was vs. City on the wing? Damn shame we rarely see him play at that level.
I am impressed by how well he'd adapted to the deep-lying role with Arteta beside him. He does seem hugely committed, he's a decent player.

But that's just it. Decent.

lol

Lightning

Banned
People still think Cesc will leave Barca this season? Lol not going to happen. Try again next season.

Bring in Suarez and along with Cazorla we will be awesome. Atletico can fuck off...

Atletico should have gone for Suarez instead of Villa. Real were there for the taking, and they had a massive cash injection when Falcao left. That seems to have diappeared into the coffers though, and they seem happy with their lot, while Real move onwards and upwards

Scum

My condolences, G-Unit. Sorry for your loss.

He did. Must have been a fire alarm halfway through though

Choose for me, Football-Gaf

Bioshock 2
Prince of Persia
Bulletstorm
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Hitman Absolution
Ico
SotC

Folklore is off the list. Rubbish.

Ico and SotC.

jtb

Banned
Atletico should have gone for Suarez instead of Villa. Real were there for the taking, and they had a massive cash injection when Falcao left. That seems to have diappeared into the coffers though, and they seem happy with their lot, while Real move onwards and upwards

I think Falcao was partially owned by 3rd parties, so I doubt they got all the money. He was only ever at Atletico to show he was capable of playing in the top leagues.

Villa is quite the coup as it is.

kharma45

I think Falcao was partially owned by 3rd parties, so I doubt they got all the money. He was only ever at Atletico to show he was capable of playing in the top leagues.

Villa is quite the coup as it is.

Yeah Villa is such a fucking steal.

Meier

Atletico probably didn't get much from Falcao's sale. He was still largely owned by third parties and they hadn't even paid off Porto yet. I imagine they got very little cash from him.

Atletico didn't get much from Falcao's sale. He was still largely owned by third parties and they hadn't even paid off Porto yet. I imagine they got very little cash from him.

Ah, okay.

In that case ending up with Villa is a decent enough move, although he'll need replacing perhaps as early as next summer

Meier

Ah, okay.

In that case ending up with Villa is a decent enough move, although he'll need replacing perhaps as early as next summer
Yeah, he was a great addition. I imagine they were able to pay him a reasonable wage since the transfer fee was so low.

Falcao's convoluted ownership situation is a large part of the reason he ended up at Monaco I'd wager.

UEFA need to ban all players entering from South America with third party owners. This shit needs to stop.

I think the FA banned it after Tevez and Mascherano moved to City and Liverpool respectively, and UEFA are following suit from next summer. Whether they'll put their money where their mouth is, we'll see.

panty

What can I say, I'm not easily swayed by hype :p It's a solid game but I don't exactly see what makes it so brilliant.

I started the game being completely in the dark. I knew nothing except the main twist (some kind of a "zombie" apocalypse").

It's not a solid game, it's a masterpiece.

Scum

I think the FA banned it after Tevez and Mascherano moved to City and Liverpool respectively, and UEFA are following suit from next summer. Whether they'll put their money where their mouth is, we'll see.

We all know where that money is going to end up...

kharma45

I started the game being completely in the dark. I knew nothing except the main twist (some kind of a "zombie" apocalypse").

It's not a solid game, it's a masterpiece.

Make me see the light, why is it so? I can't for the life of me see how. Visually it's ok considering it's a console game, gameplay is fairly generic, soundtrack is mediocre, voice acting is good, plot is fairly thin (although hopefully the end is good).

There have been much better games this generation like BioShock, The Walking Dead, Portal, Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, Call of Duty 4 and Super Mario Galaxy.

GorillaJu

I went to a couple football games when I was living in Kawasaki. Was so hyped to see the Kanagawa derby - Kawasaki vs Yokohama. Packed out stadium, amazing displays from the ultras, good atmosphere.. Shunsuke Nakamura (main reason I went) gets injured 5 minutes in and the game finishes 0-0.. : ' (

Anyway, outside the stadium I clocked this:

Holy shit I was at that game too dude! I was even posting about it here at the time.

panty

Make me see the light, why is it so? I can't for the life of me see how. Visually it's ok considering it's a console game, gameplay is fairly generic, soundtrack is mediocre, voice acting is good, plot is fairly thin (although hopefully the end is good).

There have been much better games this generation like BioShock, The Walking Dead, Portal, Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, Call of Duty 4 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Visually ok? WHAT.

Soundtrack mediocre? WHAT. THE. FUCK. This is Gustavo Santaolalla we are talking about.

Voice acting only good? Best I've heard in a video game, period. Also the sound design in TLoU is best I've heard in a video game.

Plot is fairly thin? WHAT. The story and characters are also probably the best I've experienced in a video game.

This game shats all over Bioshock, TWD and you're comparing this to Portal? LOL my gawd I need to go lie down.

jtb

Banned
Visually ok? WHAT.

Soundtrack mediocre? WHAT. THE. FUCK. This is Gustavo Santaolalla we are talking about.

Voice acting only good? Best I've heard in a video game, period. Also the sound design in TLoU is best I've heard in a video game.

Plot is fairly thin? WHAT. The story and characters are also probably the best I've experienced in a video game.

This game shats all over Bioshock, TWD and you're comparing this to Portal? LOL my gawd I need to go lie down.

portal is basically the game of the generation. dunno why you're dismissing it out of hand like that...

Me and my brothers had a sort of space race in Kerbal Space Program. I got to the moon but I didn't have enough fuel to land and smashed into the surface at about 500 m/s. They both managed to land. Next it's who can get to the moon and back first.

Suen

So having not really played anything seriously for over a year and a half I decided to continue playing Lost Odyssey again. Disc 4 and I don't remember shit of the story or what I've done and should do. This is what I hate about JRPGs.

Hitcher, Folklore is great. First three games I bought were Resistance (played this lots), Warhawk (barely played this, waste of money) and Folklore...never got deep into Folklore but should probably play it again. Was amazing from what I remember and I recall being disappointed when Game Republic(?) closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom