• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Dont think it was, the photo was taken in something called the Redneck Party, wtf

Ohh seems quite a lot of the people there did the fake eyebrow/beard thing.

Vwiifih.jpg

Why am I not on that chart?

5'10.5"

Arnie's mate took your spot.

Wes

venison crêpe
David McDonnell ‏@DiscoMirror 19m
Man Utd waking here in Sydney to the news Rooney wants out. Awaiting club's response but hard to see him staying after this #MUFC

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 38m
#mufc and Moyes have been adamant that Rooney not for sale, but not sure there will be much value in keeping him now.

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ 1h
Its point of no return for Rooney at #mufc it would seem. Where he goes is the intriguing issue...

@BenSmithBBC 5h
Wayne Rooney has held talks with senior figures at #MUFC in the past week to express his disappointment at current situation.

Spurs could probably do with Bernard, surprised we haven't tried harder for him. I love Lennon but I'm not entirely sure he'd work well in a forward 3, assuming we're going for a 4-3-3.

Bale will probably play to the right of a striker, so I imagine we'd want someone who'd work on the left.

His agent said a few weeks ago the asking price was too much for both Tottenham and Dortmund.

Fergie

Banned
Wilb try start and select after you start the app, seems to reset. Did you have some USA pathway or something? Is the error 277?

Wilbur

Banned
Wilb try start and select after you start the app, seems to reset. Did you have some USA pathway or something?

Had the Canadian one for some reason and Community was on there. Will try it again but if it freezes or doesn't work I'm going to stab a hooker

Fergie

Banned
Had the Canadian one for some reason and Community was on there. Will try it again but if it freezes or doesn't work I'm going to stab a hooker
Does it throw up any error codes? After googling a bit it's probably the VPN, seems some people get error 277.

The wait for new Justified is killing me. I could watch a stream, but Netflix>Sky>streaming

We're not getting Bernard, Arsenal aren't getting Suarez, Chelsea aren't winning the title and Yaya Toure is not world class

Watched the Matt Lees TLoU video, what a game.

Wilbur

Banned
Is Wilbur gonna stab a hooker? Find out next time on FootyGAF.

:lol

Does it throw up any error codes? Maybe Netlfix are blocking access to Canada Netlfix.

I've just reset it and signed back in and now it's back to the Canadian one and I can see community

Gonna test

"This title is not available to watch instantly. Please select another title" error code aip-703

I will now try to watch orange is the new black

It seems to work. Why does this fucking work but community doesn't

Fergie

Banned
:lol

I've just reset it and signed back in and now it's back to the Canadian one and I can see community

Gonna test

"This title is not available to watch instantly. Please select another title" error code aip-703

I will now try to watch orange is the new black

It seems to work. Why does this fucking work but community doesn't
Stumped then, don't know why Community isn't working.

I HAVE FIFA 13 ON PS3

Can I play with you guys? I'm super good(bad).
Another new signing, sure ask Killer/Sleeps for invite, we just signed DC as well. Putting Moyes to shame.

I have FIFA 13 and PES 13 on PS3. They're both shit. Football games have been shit since 2006 but I buy FIFA and PES every year regardless.

I can't wait for FIFA 14 (PS4 master race) and PES 14 (PC master race).

My record is shit but that's because I let my nephew play. Yes, that's it.

I have FIFA 13 and PES 13 on PS3. They're both shit. Football games have been shit since 2006 but I buy FIFA and PES every year regardless.

I can't wait for FIFA 14 (PS4 master race) and PES 14 (PC master race).

My record is shit but that's because I let my nephew play. Yes, that's it.

#partoftheproblem

It's not like I can't not buy them, or if I don't they're suddenly going to make a better game because they sell one game less a year. I have high hopes for the new versions. Dat Ignite Engine and dat Fox Engine.

That's why you're part of the problem, not the problem in and of itself :p

And they'll be just as shit this year. Even if PES is better than FIFA, it'll still focus more on realism than fun, whch is what put the franchise in the shit in the first place.

God damn it Benzema just do a buzzcut and leave it at that...

He did. Must have been a fire alarm halfway through though

Choose for me, Football-Gaf

Bioshock 2
Prince of Persia
Bulletstorm
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Hitman Absolution
Ico
SotC

Folklore is off the list. Rubbish.

He did. Must have been a fire alarm halfway through though

Choose for me, Football-Gaf

Bioshock 2
Prince of Persia
Bulletstorm
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Hitman Absolution
Ico
SotC

Folklore is off the list. Rubbish.

Prince of Persia 09? If so that, although you can probably finish Bulletstorm in one to two sittings if you're dedicated enough.

Take Hitman of that last, horrible game mate.

Ico and Shadow later.

Holy shit, I'm well off the top of the Wall of Shame this time round.

Question for everyone:

How much will your interest in the 2014 World Cup increase if Spain get knocked out at the group stage?

K1LLER7

Manchester United keeper David de Gea says he is no longer an easy target for the Premier League’s bully-boys, writes David McDonnell in Sydney.

De Gea endured a tough start to his United career, a series of high-profile gaffes suggesting he was not cut out for the job of No.1.

But De Gea bulked up, thanks to a special diet and punishing weights sessions, to give him the physique to cope with the combative nature of the Premier League.

And the Spaniard, 22, said he now had the experience, confidence and physical presence to maintain his status as the champions’ No.1 and not get roughed up.

“I knew I had to become bigger physically,” said De Gea.”You can see I look different to when I first came here and I have much more muscle.

“I’ve worked hard in the gym - lifting heavy weights and doing a lot of exercises.

“It was a very intense regime. I changed my diet as well and now eat an awful lot more than I used to, to build myself up for the physical challenges of the English game.

“In training, the players would deliberately hit high balls into me and barge into me so I’d get used to that side of the English game.

“I actually enjoy the physical side of it now.”

De Gea was dropped by Sir Alex Ferguson after one blunder too many cost United a 3-2 home defeat to Blackburn on New Year’s Eve 2011.

Anders Lindegaard came in for the Spaniard, who looked to have lost his No.1 status until an injury to his replacement saw him reclaim his place.

But De Gea flourished on his return to the side after his enforced spell on the bench - his heroics last season earning him a place in the PFA Team of the Year.

United’s 20th title triumph owed as much to De Gea’s exploits between the post as it did to Robin van Persie’s 30-goal heroics in his debut season.

And De Gea admitted former United boss Ferguson’s decision to drop him was the wake-up call he needed for him to finally realise his potential.

“I know there was a stage when I was dropped to the bench, but that was good for me,” said De Gea. “It made me stronger and better.

“Also, the trust that Sir Alex put in me gave me a lot of confidence. He was like that with me from the very start.

“Eric Steele was a great goalkeeping coach who always looked after me and I will remember that.

“Now I have a new coach, in Chris Woods, and I’m enjoying learning different things with him. I’ve improved over the last year and that’s down to the hard work I have done with all the coaches.

“It was hard at the beginning because I’d come from a different league and didn’t know what to expect in this league and with this type of football.

“I don’t think people appreciated just how hard it was for me coming to a new country at 19, as well as a different type of football.

“My immediate family came over with me from the start, but I missed my friends back home. Everything is now better and I’m very happy in Manchester.”

Real Madrid and Spain No.1 Iker Casillas has claimed De Gea can go on to become the best keeper in the world - a standing the youngster is keen to achieve.

“It’s great that a goalkeeper as good as Iker has said that I could be the best of them all,” said De Gea.

“It’s very humbling but, yes, it’s possible. Those words motivate me to reach that goal. When Edwin van der Sar said he was leaving Manchester United I wanted to be the man to replace him.

“I was given that chance and I’m not going to let it go. I would love if one day the fans speak of me in the same way they speak of Edwin and Peter Schmeichel. That would mean all the hard work has paid off.”

De GOAT will be a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom