• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Nothing tops....

untitled-166rl9o.gif

rodvik

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Gabriel Agbonlahor, Villa legend.

"Gabriel Agbonlahor ‏@GABBY11A Protected account1h

@ciaranjboyle off on 1 off what mate? I'm sitting with my feet up watching nutty professor eating pineapple. I'm great right now"

SetWidth638-Screen-shot-2013-02-06-at-13.43.2.png

Love him.

Fergie

Banned
Just watched GI Joe Retaliation (I know) and holy shit London got destroyed, so random as well LOL, literally audibly said oh shit. Pretty average film but quite fun.

Lunchbox

Banned
David de Gea, the Manchester United goalkeeper and Fábregas's Spanish countryman, would welcome his arrival at Old Trafford. "It would be great if Cesc came here," he said. "It would be great to have more Spanish players at Manchester United. He is a great player, very skilful, knows how to win things and you always want those type of players in your team

dave needs to shut the fuck up

Make me see the light, why is it so? I can't for the life of me see how. Visually it's ok considering it's a console game, gameplay is fairly generic, soundtrack is mediocre, voice acting is good, plot is fairly thin (although hopefully the end is good).

There have been much better games this generation like BioShock, The Walking Dead, Portal, Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, Call of Duty 4 and Super Mario Galaxy.

I have to say, I'm not sure how you can rate a game based on a systematic breakdown of the key areas games are judged on, and then come up with a conclusion that has Portal or TWD anywhere close to a discussion on games of the generation. Both of those games would be pretty mediocre if you rated them on the tangibles imo.

So having not really played anything seriously for over a year and a half I decided to continue playing Lost Odyssey again. Disc 4 and I don't remember shit of the story or what I've done and should do. This is what I hate about JRPGs.

Hitcher, Folklore is great. First three games I bought were Resistance (played this lots), Warhawk (barely played this, waste of money) and Folklore...never got deep into Folklore but should probably play it again. Was amazing from what I remember and I recall being disappointed when Game Republic(?) closed down.

Played for 6 hours or so. The combat is bland, the lack of voice acting does a lot of harm to the narrative, the story is meandering and needlessly convuluted, the constant loads are annoying

I'd prefer it to be an exploration game tbh, the combat is a chore. And whoever decided that the dungeons and bosses should be the same for both characters should be shot.

Lunchbox

Banned
hitcher stop being a queefing gaming side nerd and go outside for awhile for fresh air

or take a nice frozen cup of ice cream and play journey on psn like im about to do. chirp chirp

hitcher stop being a queefing gaming side nerd and go outside for awhile for fresh air

or take a nice frozen cup of ice cream and play journey like im about to do. chirp chirp

I just had a Cookie Dough Ben & Jerry's while watching the latest CSI

#livingthelife

I kind of miss the PS2 days of playing games for hours, rather than playing a game for an hour then chatting shit about them for 2 :p

Suen

I have to say, I'm not sure how you can rate a game based on a systematic breakdown of the key areas games are judged on, and then come up with a conclusion that has Portal or TWD anywhere close to a discussion on games of the generation. Both of those games would be pretty mediocre if you rated them on the tangibles imo.

Played for 6 hours or so. The combat is bland, the lack of voice acting does a lot of harm to the narrative, the story is meandering and needlessly convuluted, the constant loads are annoying

I'd prefer it to be an exploration game tbh, the combat is a chore. And whoever decided that the dungeons and bosses should be the same for both characters should be shot.
I actually liked the lack of voice acting, wouldn't mind if they had it but liked leaving it up to the imagination. The world is beautiful and I liked what I saw at first with all different monsters. You did remind me though at being irritated by the design decision to have the same dungeons and bosses for both characters...made it tiredsome. Anyway liked the story and the world (and the soundtrack). Battle system was fun but I just went through the first stage so didn't get too deep in it and it's been like 5 years since I played it last time so I've probably forgot most of it.

Stop ruining it for me, the game is fucking great and it will stay so till I play it.

I actually liked the lack of voice acting, wouldn't mind if they had it but liked leaving it up to the imagination. The world is beautiful and I liked what I saw at first with all different monsters. You did remind me though at being irritated by the design decision to have the same dungeons and bosses for both characters...made it tiredsome. Anyway liked the story and the world (and the soundtrack). Battle system was fun but I just went through the first stage so didn't get too deep in it and it's been like 5 years since I played it last time so I've probably forgot most of it.

Stop ruining it for me, the game is fucking great and it will stay so till I play it.

I really liked it for those first few hours, it was like an atmospheric little B-tier game that you don;t really get any more, then the grievances became annoyances and it became clear that its more of a dungeon-crawler than a murder-mystery. It has its priorities wrong. If you can't make a good combat system, the fighting should be the parts between story segments, not the other way round.

Anyone reading that 'naughty Dog should go third-party' thread?

'They should leave Sony'
'Who would be better for them?'
'EA, Activision...'

Oh, to be a mod...

Suen

According to Cadena SER Spurs made a 7m bid for Coentrao and Madrid rejected it.

I really liked it for those first few hours, it was like an atmospheric little B-tier game that you don;t really get any more, then the grievances became annoyances and it became clear that its more of a dungeon-crawler than a murder-mystery. It has its priorities wrong. If you can't make a good combat system, the fighting should be the parts between story segments, not the other way round.

Anyone reading that 'naughty Dog should go third-party' thread?

'They should leave Sony'
'Who would be better for them?'
'EA, Activision...'

Oh, to be a mod...
Nooooo this is what I was fearing when I played it but I didn't want to believe in it because I was enjoying it too much :/

According to Cadena SER Spurs made a 7m bid for Coentrao and Madrid rejected it.

Nooooo this is what I was fearing when I played it but I didn't want to believe in it because I was enjoying it too much :/

Perhaps it changes after Chapter 2, but I can only see it going even further own that route, Believe me, I wish it was 80% story, narrative and peaceful exploration.

GorillaJu

I've been meaning to play Folklore. It's the kind of game where I wish there was no story at all. The atmosphere tells its own story and doesn't need a narrative. I played the demo and didnt get into it.

Peco

God this woman is so hot. The gif is from the movie Intouchables, but I actually saw her for the first time in the french crime series Spiral. The show is really good, and she's sexy as hell in it.

Lightning

Banned
I've been meaning to play Folklore. It's the kind of game where I wish there was no story at all. The atmosphere tells its own story and doesn't need a narrative. I played the demo and didnt get into it.
Very underrated game. I personally loved it but it took some getting used too.

pulga

Banned
This crossfit business is hard on the bones.

or take a nice frozen cup of ice cream and play journey on psn like im about to do. chirp chirp

Journey is going on my to-do list when I finally down a reliable mushroom.

Koko

Banned

7m? That's ridiculous. In any case Cuntrao shouldn't be sell. He was more than fine most of the times and he has prove himself when it matters.

Besides I don't trust at all to Fat Marcelo, if he can go back to be inform then we'll be fine, but for some reason I don't think he will at least not in a near future.

Off-topic aside.

I'm fucking obsessed with new The Weeknd song. Abel never disapoints me.

It's also nice to see him doing some interviews: The Weeknd: Kiss And Tell- Complex Interview

Salazar

I can usually see the tactical bones under the flesh of Stretford-Rooney leaks, but fucking lol at this "nothing left to prove" shit that is going around.

That's that shit you don't say. Unless you are Adel Taarabt or Zlatan or that kind of fuckup.

And the things being said about him boastfully disregarding pre-season fitness suggest that we should have been preparing to get rid for a while. He doesn't respect the club one little bit.

Messi

I bought paperbacks of Batman:Hush and Hawkeye: My Life as a weapon. These are good yes? Prob gonna go pick up the new 52 batwoman paperbacks and wonderwoman

FootballFan

Suarez vs Cavani,

discuss

Don't tell me the "different players" "both good" etc, who the duck is better and why?

I already know the actual answer. I want to hear what the rest of you think.

dc89

A Bluemoon Special said:
Seems a bit 1970s and amateurish to me.

What training effect are we looking for?

Are we just trying to make the training sessions hard?

This is going to make recovery from the stamina training longer and will have absolutely zero long term effect. If anything its detrimental as it eats into recovery and can lead to overtraining

A weight program to target weak muscle groups in certain players may have its place, but there's no point players doing dumbbell presses or flyes. Any short term strength gains will be minimal and quickly lost (unless we plan on doing this throughout the season)

Not impressed

AKA Why are we making players do stuff to make them fitter?

Hey Sal, how does this compare to RaWK

Peco

Suarez vs Cavani,

discuss

Don't tell me the "different players" "both good" etc, who the duck is better and why?

I already know the actual answer. I want to hear what the rest of you think.

Cavani is the better scorer but Suarez is more explosive and talented with the ball. I don't know, I prefer Suarez because he's a mad dribbler but that's only my opinion. And contrary to what I should think, I'd love to see him play in the CL with Lolerpool. Great battles in the finals against them, I actually respect them very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom