• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Please just stick Rooney in the reserves and let him get fat for the next two years. The fallout would be hilarious in England considering it's the year before the WC.

This is the best scenario for everyone. The team would be better off, the club would be better off if Rooney is effectively shut down for the next two years, none of our rivals are strengthened, Moyes and Woodward show they aren't going to be dicked around and everybody can get on with their lives.

And United still have to pay his wages and miss out on a potentially large transfer fee. There could easily be 50 million net loss right there, is that worth making a statement for?

Brinbe

Please just stick Rooney in the reserves and let him get fat for the next two years. The fallout would be hilarious in England considering it's the year before the WC.

This is the best scenario for everyone. The team would be better off, the club would be better off if Rooney is effectively shut down for the next two years, none of our rivals are strengthened, Moyes and Woodward show they aren't going to be dicked around and everybody can get on with their lives.
Now I'd be ecstatic for the miracle of Mata and Ramires and a pithy amount of cash, but I'd be just as happy with this. (would certainly be funnier!)

He wants to bitch and moan for a move? Fine, let him stew and fatten up for two years and waste the prime years of his career over some bullshit. Easily worth it. That 25 mil isn't gonna make a substantial difference, not enough to sell to a direct rival.

Carbonox

PSG are going to annouced Lucas Digne tomorrow. He already passed his medical.

His transfer was 15 mil (13 mil plus 2 mil in bonuses) and he'll be making €250,000 per month. :p

Just give me 1/5 of that and I'll be happy.

What the fuck...He's a fucking kid.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

It sets an awful precendent when signing players, who will want to join us when we backhand our own players, regardless of how they act?

:lol

Rooney won't be allowed to run down his contract whatever Woodward says.

But I just don't see us selling him to Chelsea for £20m or £25m. As I said before, it would be by far the worst bit of transfer business United do this summer. No great fee and allowing Chelsea one hand on the PL.

May well end up at Chelsea but they'll have to pay up.

K1LLER7

Sky are saying Woodward is coming back due to an incoming major signing. Nothing to do with Rooney.

Garay is not a major signing.

Cesc pls.

Wilbur

Banned
Yurt's making me laugh looooool

Digne to PSG huh? Is he a left back? Don't know much about him, just he's supposed to be good

And yes please lets just make the cunt play with the reserves for two years. Lose him on a free when he's 30, he goes back to Everton but so does recently sacked Moyes.

Sky are saying Woodward is coming back due to an incoming major signing. Nothing to do with Rooney.

Cesc pls.

Sky don't know shit.

Have you seen that new guy they've got. He sits in the corner and brings them transfer news. Speak so freakin'g slowly. Does my head in.

Wilbur

Banned
Negredo's wages won't be huge to be honest, but still. 25m. In principle, City should have just given it to starving Africans or something, because they'll be starved for goals with that no better than decent twizzler up front.

When is Guidetti gonna get a chance?

Cesc pls.

If it's Garay... Just lol. I almost can't believe this window could go worse than it already has.

Batigol

Banned
They originally paid 25 million for him right?

20 million for a player who isn't as good as he was a few seasons ago, has serious fitness issues and is bit of a twat is a good deal.

K1LLER7

Sky don't know shit.

Have you seen that new guy they've got. He sits in the corner and brings them transfer news. Speak so freakin'g slowly. Does my head in.
Lool yeah. Creepy the way he always keeps eye contact.

Howard Nurse is also saying its a non-Rooney related issue.

Cesc pls.

Wilbur

Banned
27m rising to 30m, I think. After Newcastle bid for him :lol. I miss Sir Bobby :(

That hat trick on his debut. The volley against Newcastle. The lob against Middlesbrough. The overhead against City. The goals against Milan. The winner at Anfield. Rooney gave me some good feels.

Shame he's a cunt.

27m rising to 30m, I think. After Newcastle bid for him :lol. I miss Sir Bobby :(

That hat trick on his debut. The volley against Newcastle. The lob against Middlesbrough. The overhead against City. The goals against Milan. The winner at Anfield. Rooney gave me some good feels.

Shame he's a cunt.
£25.6m

Good old PLC days.

LegoArmo

If Rooney goes to Chelsea he'll fucking turn brilliant again, score 50 goals next season and win the Ballon d'Or.

Sell him abroad. Someone? Anyone?

Turok_TTZ

I see timurid is faster than me. Yep Digne is a lock for psg.
Meanwhile not sure if AS are doing opinion pieces or not on ibra and aguero...

qindarka

Banned
If Rooney goes to Chelsea he'll fucking turn brilliant again, score 50 goals next season and win the Ballon d'Or.

Sell him abroad. Someone? Anyone?

Remember how Torres turned out? 30 million or so for a declining, unfit, uncommitted striker is a good deal. I have somehow gotten excited over the prospect of him joining Chelsea but my optimism has often been misguided and lead to disappointment.

LegoArmo

Arsenal probably wouldn't ever exercise it.

And he'd said no.

Will be so hilarious, the only player to leave Arsenal who they still love and respect, because he went "home", jumps on board the clank train in Manchester.

Please, I want the tears.

P.S. Xperia Z is the best phone ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom