• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Yeah, 18m sounds like little. I guess it's possible some shenanigans or bonuses might be involved, but 18m for one of the best strikers in the world would be a bargain.

I'm still sad we're letting him go.

I like Gomez but I tihink he shares the same fate as Torres. They both have incredible abilities but play in systems that doesn't fit them. In possession football all their abilities become useless and I think Guardiola told him so.

It's always sad when young and talented players leave the club but Bayern might get Lewandowski in the end.

Salazar

In a few years time the Moyes train will have decimated United and these United fans will scatter never to be heard from again.

The worst that could possibly happen is that we sink to the condition of Arsenal.

Or Liverpool, their companion in "one or two or three puzzle pieces away from glory" stupidity.

Lightning

Banned
The worst that could possibly happen is that we sink to the condition of Arsenal.
It was just a bit of light hearted cheek. I expect Moyes to be fine and he'll get fired if things go too badly anyway. United's board actually has balls, unlike Arsenal's.

You'll never sink to Liverpool's level. Liverpool are a joke. They fail to hold onto Suarez this summer and their season is screwed before it starts, again.

Salazar

It was just a bit of light hearted cheek. I expect Moyes to be fine and he'll get fired if things go too badly anyway. United's board actually has balls, unlike Arsenal's.

Aye.

National Geographic photo archive is keeping me sane while Thiago packs for Manchester

http://natgeofound.tumblr.com

So fucking good.

Arnie second from left said:
DGHEjhs.jpg

Carbonox

#BasedKinnear is at it again:

“I’ve been a manager for 35 years. I’ve been Manager of the Year. I’ve won every award there is in football as a player. “I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football.”

“Some directors of football have never played the game,” “I’m lending my experience as a manager for all those years – 10 years at Wimbledon, two years at Nottingham Forest, two years winning promotion at Luton and, of course, almost two years at Newcastle.”

YOU WERE AT NEWCASTLE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS YOU DELUDED BANDIT

Oh and Perchinho is leaving Newcastle. :(

Top Ten Overpaid Premier League Players

1) Maicon - £100,000 p/w (3rd choice RB LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

2) Shay Given - £60.000 p/w

3) Anderson - £80,000 p/w

4) Chamakh - £93,000 p/w

5) Fernando Torres - £175,000 p/w

6) Emmanuel Adebayor - £100,000 p/w

7) Darren Bent - £70,000 p/w

8) Abou Diaby - £60,000 p/w

9) Stewart Downing - £80,000 p/w

10) Hugo Rodallega - £70,000 p/w

Diaby and Chamakh loooooool. What are we thinking.

I like Diaby, but he should not be paid £60,000 a week, that's bonkers.

Don't care about Chamakh, guy's complete shit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is excited by the possibility of Rooney joining the Gunners.
"If it happens, it would be amazing," the 21-year-old told ESPN FC. (external) "He's the type of player who can win you trophies.
"Just to see his name on the team sheet brings fear to the opposition. We could do with a little more of that."

I think I actually want this to happen. Rooney barely kept himself in shape under Fergie, it would be fascinating to see how Wenger would handle a fat bastard like him.

Clegg

You're just learning his wages now? You been under a rock or something. This has been discussed before and known for quite some time.
I thought he was on 60k a week.

It's a poor reflection on Arsenal that they're paying him that much.

Just as bad as United and Anderson.

Lightning

Banned
Chamakh? Who? 3m euros per year for a guy that played four matches?

Get your shit together Arsenal.
It's not that simple. He was signed on a free so his wages were inflated for that and at the time we had no fit strikers. His Arsenal career started quite brightly but then RVP recovered from his injury woes and Chamakh was pushed to one side ever since.

He's now entering his last year now anyway so soon we will be rid of the leech. I'm sure we will loan him to remove some of the cost.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

4) Chamakh - £93,000 p/w

They all earn more than Arturo Vidal.

Not sure if sad or brilliant.

phaze

Just to make this clear: Arsenal is paying Chamakh more than what Thomas Müller makes at Bayern*? I'm sorry, I can't get over that. Get rid of him, I like Arsenal and I want to see them recover and crush the opposition.

*At least his official salary in 2012.

And he still has one year more on his contract. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

4) Chamakh - £93,000 p/w

I think Rodallega is the most shocking one. WTF has he ever done to earn that wage? I'm stunned Fulham are paying that.

I was looking at a blog post about Chelsea wages and it said this.

This is sourced from the latest version of the Sports Interactive football management simulation game, Football Manager, who have access to the official wage figures from Premier League clubs.

Surely that's not true?

GorillaJu

4) Chamakh - £93,000 p/w

Chamakh on 93k per week?

Who the fuck negotiates contracts for Arsenal.

Players who are signed on a Bosman generally have a big signing on fee that is spread out over the length of the contract. Maicon, Ade and Chamakh all were free transfers, so their wages are inflated higher than what their actual salaries are. Not really fair to use players on free transfers in a list like this.

I think Rodallega is the most shocking one. WTF has he ever done to earn that wage? I'm stunned Fulham are paying that.

He was a free transfer as well.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was looking at a blog post about Chelsea wages and it said this.

Surely that's not true?

For more accurate injury information they also have legal access to the NHS archives for the player, their children and parents. How else would we know which STD's Cole is carrying around?

For more accurate injury information they also have legal access to the NHS archives for the player, their children and parents. How else would we know which STD's Cole is carrying around?

Thanks for the serious answer Cola.

You got your code for Mortal Kombat yet? Comes out tomorrow and I still don't have mine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom