• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

For blablurn:
993064_691239460892748_1422855956_n.jpg

Feorax

Think I'll wait for the inevitable PS4 version of GT6.

Only game I'm tempted to buy before next gen launches is GTA5, but I suspect even that might well end up being cross gen.

bud23

Bale: 'I prefer Spanish football'

Bale said:
"So I'd say that Spanish football is probably the best I've seen. Obviously, I'd like to try other leagues in the future. Every player would like to get as high as they can and try different things. It's something that the future holds and it's something that I'm very interested to try in the least."

"I probably prefer Spanish football to the others," he told Esquire's August issue. "It's very technical the way they play, they keep the ball well and whenever Spurs have played against Spanish teams in the past they've always made it difficult for us.

Bale added that he revels in the "end-to-end" nature of football in the Champions League compared to facing more defensively minded teams in the Premier League and that the appeal of Europe's premier club competition - both in terms of the quality of opposition and the sense of occasion - is huge.
"When you play in the Premier League against a lower-end team, they set up to defend all the time," the 23-year-old said in further quotes published in The Sun. "They set up to block you off.
"But when you play in the Champions League, all the teams are used to winning every week so it's more of an open attacking game, it's end-to-end.
"The music is a massive thing. When we first got into the Champions League, it was one of the things most of the lads were looking forward to, hearing it in the stadium.
"It's things like that which make it special."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/217983.html

Suck it, haters.

L1NETT

Think I'll wait for the inevitable PS4 version of GT6.

Only game I'm tempted to buy before next gen launches is GTA5, but I suspect even that might well end up being cross gen.

Arkham Origins for me. Optimistic after E3, but still wary with the lack of Rocksteady. Some pretty sweet villains lined up though. Black Mask, anarky etc..

Arnie

"Every player would like to get as high as they can and try different things."

I laughed like the immature little sperm that I am.

Fady K

Next season should be exciting and fresh for so many clubs across so many leagues. Never been as interesting as this for me. Even without counting Ferguson's retirement.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There's been surprisingly little talk of Michu this summer. I would have thought a lot more clubs would be after him.

Carbonox

So surreal seeing Gotze in a Bayern shirt. Gonna have to order mine......heheh

And Dortmund's bagged Aubameyang? Good for them. Would have loved to see him at Newcastle and he was even interested in us but if a team like Dortmund comes along, you don't say no to them.

Wes

venison crêpe
There's been surprisingly little talk of Michu this summer. I would have thought a lot more clubs would be after him.

He signed a new contract in January. Generally enough to put off potential suitors if they've had a new contract in the past 6 months. It's why we keep hearing all this Benteke guff. He hasn't signed a new deal yet.

Feorax

I think Swansea dealt with that fairly early by putting a crazy high valuation on him. Was something like £30 million when we were linked?

Cristian Brocchi has signed a new contract with us, he's going to be the Under-16 coach (the team managed by Inzaghi during last season, who will manage the Primavera squad next year).

Galliani is bringing him as many former player as possible, hopefully we'll find somebody good sooner or later.

Shakhtar Donetsk coach warns Henrikh Mkhitaryan off Liverpool & Spurs move:

"I can understand the urge to leave if he has a chance to go to a club that surpasses Shakhtar, like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but not many clubs are beyond our level - not clubs like Liverpool or Tottenham."

Santos is thinking about a friendly to lower Robinho's price. It's like there's somebody worse than us.

--

Borussia signed Pierre Aubameyang, huh? Haven't followed him since he was in our Primavera, it seems like he became really good. Looking forward to see him in a big club, he has the chance to win something important now.

Lol Santos. Trying to out-Gold Tie the original Gold Tie. They will budge before July 15.

Also Aubameyang did awesome in France. Too bad he was with us right before we switched policy to start focusing on promoting Primavera players, we missed out.

Cristian Brocchi has signed a new contract with us, he's going to be the Under-16 coach (the team managed by Inzaghi during last season, who will manage the Primavera squad next year).

Galliani is bringing him as many former player as possible, hopefully we'll find somebody good sooner or later.

Inzaghi will be our manager next year IMO.

bjaelke

Forget micky. Was never interested in him. Just a smoke screen while we went for Toby.

John Chapman @BelgoFoot
Ajax have announced that Toby Alderweireld has left training camp for personal reasons. Make of that what you will!

Zabojnik

Vucinic to set for 9m. I don't know how I feel about selling Vucinic to get Jovetic this year. Can't we just sell both Quagliarella and Matri (and Giovinco?)?

I don't know how I feel either. As lazy as he is, Vucinic is a footballing genius. Jovetic can be inventive too and is probably just as good or an even better player overall, but Vucinic is really unique. Alas, he's not getting any younger and this is probably our last chance to sell him at a decent price. As for Matri and Quaglia ... who are we going to sell them to? :/ They'll never go abroad. In Italy, the only clubs that could afford their wages are Napoli (which isn't an option for Quaglia), Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio, Inter and Milan. I know Allegri wouldn't mind signing Matri, but Golden Tie will likely talk him out of it.

It's gonna be a long fucking summer on the selling front.

Wes

venison crêpe
Aspas' face looks like something from Goldeneye. Like a flat texture that is being stretched around a weird shaped object.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom