• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Darren Bent, Stephen Ireland and Alan Hutton have all been told to train seperately to the first team.

So long guys.If we got £8m out of all of them combined we'd be doing well.

If people are willing to back it I can't blame DF for doing it. But I'm not going to back anything but a Bendtner to Copenhagen kickstarter.

I know. Its just vaguely unsettling having a bunch of indies who cannot get their games funded, while Double Fine get to have their cake and eat it, when they actually have an avenue for the required funding.

lol Alan Hutton. What a pile of shite.

Wilbur

Banned

The verified tick on the image at the back, lol

Darren Bent, Stephen Ireland and Alan Hutton have all been told to train seperately to the first team.

So long guys.If we got £8m out of all of them combined we'd be doing well.

You don't think you could get near 8m for Bent alone? I'd say Ireland could go for a few million as well, 3 or 4. 10m would be top, but their wages must be pretty huge.

Turok_TTZ

'Bale has said neither yes nor no. There is no offer from Real, they [the clubs] have to speak to each other and see what happens.'

That's my A-Level Spanish at work. Basically Bale has not pushed for anything and Levy holds all the cards. His agent is a cunt and is just desperate for his commission, that's why he keeps running his mouth. This is the same twat who represented Ashley Cole when he moved to Chelsea.

Levy IS holding all the cards. If madrid is to go after bale and succeed, it will not be this summer that such will happen. It can only happen this summer if in some freak event cr7 goes back to manutd.

Hixx

Watching Sunderland next season is gonna be weird.

Their whole team is gonna be new.

8647513641_860d9c007b_o.gif

Hixx

What do you make of it?

Seriously like, no risk of too many changes? Are the players meant to be good? Just seen all these names, I've never heard of any of them (not that that matters...but yeah, just very obscure players it seems)

did you see our team last season

Bardsley, Bramble, Cuellar. Atrocious.

Vaughan, Larsson, Colback, McClean ranged from average to dogshit

Graham, Wickham... wank.

We were crap in defense, had the leagues worst midfield and had one striker.

We needed to drastically change it or we'd go down this season.

Peruzzi is supposed to be brilliant. Diakite is solid, Mendy supposed to be a real talent at left back. We still need to bring in some midfielders (Duncan, Huddlestone) and a winger or two and two more forwards. We aren't even close to being done yet.

More exciting news is flooding through the Potteries tonight, as it seems that Stoke have made another acquisition from Barcelona. Young midfielder Sergi Roberto has taken to his official Twitter page to potentially announce he is signing for the Staffordshire outfit.

The 21 year old Spaniard posted on Twitter earlier this evening saying 'Muy contento de empezar este nuevo reto en el @stokecity.'. Translated, this actually reads;
'Very happy to start this new challenge in the @stokecity.'
The post was quickly deleted, however the player does follow the official Stoke City Twitter account.

What the fuck is going on. They will get Thiago next!

Gonna start Smiley's People tonight

Hopefully its easier to get into that The Honorable Schoolboy

That shit was ridiculous, took about 150 pages before settling into any kind of rythm or natural prose.

@Hixx, would you take Shelvey? Coates on loan?

jtb

Banned
Where do you guys stand on Double Fine starting another Kickstarter before they've even released the game from the first one? Seems vaguely exploitative to me, like they're putting the entirety of the risk on the shoulders of the backers in the knowledge that Double Fine fans are a bit obsessed.

Don't understand why they couldn't go the expected route and sell the first game, and hope it makes profits enough to fund the second one, and go the Kickstarter route again if it doesn't make enough money for that to be possible.

I don't really care one way or another. I think projects are going to take a certain amount of time no matter what, and there are people (mostly on the creative side, I'd imagine) who won't be put to full use during all parts of production so they may as well get to work on another game. I'd be much more pissed if they were starting creative work on another game and siphoning off money from the first Kickstarter to do it, so to break it off like this seems relatively logical.

Wilbur

Banned
What the fuck is going on. They will get Thiago next!

Probably was a mistake like Viva said but here's some posts that means Barca would cry once more so I hope it happens

tarzanpuyol said:
I doubt it in this case, there are some lads coming up in the next 2-3 years. Sergi Roberto if given minutes could be a great card to have

Error said:
Tito doesn't need to beg him to stay. It's Thiago's decision. If he leaves then we just promote Sergi Roberto to first team and life goes on

FootballFan said:
United can have Thiago if we can get DeGoat. We promote Sergi Roberto anyways this summer and he will be the next big midfield god.

La Masia ‏@Youngcules 6m
In 2008, a 24-year-old Thiago Silva joined AC Milan for 10M, same season Barca (Txiki/Laporta) signed Henrique for 10M. Try to fathom that.

La Masia ‏@Youngcules 5m
Henrique never played a single game for Barca first team, and his contract was rescinded in 2012. Now we want Thiago Silva for 50 million.

#BasedTxixi

Probably was a mistake like Viva said but here's some posts that means Barca would cry once more so I hope it happens

Imagine if the next next next Xavi went to Stoke. It'd be glorious.

There's probably some 12 year old they'll procliam to be on track to be better than Roberto regardless

jtb

Banned
Looks like Joel Campbell & Wellington Silva could finally be getting their work permits.

The former was a FM wonderkid iirc.

I didn't even realize Wellington Silva was still on our books. I thought we sold him last season along with Vela lol

Razor554

La Masia ‏@Youngcules 6m
In 2008, a 24-year-old Thiago Silva joined AC Milan for 10M, same season Barca (Txiki/Laporta) signed Henrique for 10M. Try to fathom that.

La Masia ‏@Youngcules 5m
Henrique never played a single game for Barca first team, and his contract was rescinded in 2012. Now we want Thiago Silva for 50 million.

#BasedTxixi

Barca made some fucking awful deals in Laporta's era.

Salvadora

I didn't even realize Wellington Silva was still on our books. I thought we sold him last season along with Vela lol

From what I've read neither of them look like they have any future with us.

Bit disappointing. Would have been class to have a talented South American kid swoop in and displace Gervinho.

Scum

Where's Koofoo nowadays?

Yon Cuezva ‏@cuezva
Jonathan Barnett:"Bale no ha dicho que no, ni que si. No hay oferta del Real Madrid, tienen que hablar entre ellos y ya veremos que pasa"

I only speak English and Russian so someone can translate it.

Levy Ush should be able to hel-

'Bale has said neither yes nor no. There is no offer from Real, they [the clubs] have to speak to each other and see what happens.'

That's my A-Level Spanish at work. Basically Bale has not pushed for anything and Levy holds all the cards. His agent is a cunt and is just desperate for his commission, that's why he keeps running his mouth. This is the same twat who represented Ashley Cole when he moved to Chelsea.

:D

rodvik

did you see our team last season

Bardsley, Bramble, Cuellar. Atrocious.

Vaughan, Larsson, Colback, McClean ranged from average to dogshit

Graham, Wickham... wank.

We were crap in defense, had the leagues worst midfield and had one striker.

We needed to drastically change it or we'd go down this season.

Peruzzi is supposed to be brilliant. Diakite is solid, Mendy supposed to be a real talent at left back. We still need to bring in some midfielders (Duncan, Huddlestone) and a winger or two and two more forwards. We aren't even close to being done yet.

I think DiCanio is doing things the right way. Or at least the way that makes sense for clubs like ours nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom