• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
You forgot your striker to replace Higuain.

It's all good:

994271_467380720012561_425484381_n.jpg

rodvik

Fuck me, I can't actually believe how many people think its terrible. Just so odd to me. They're all the same quality. All seasons. Fuck haters. Fuck them. In the ass.

The last season is awful my dear chap, however I forgive your poor judgement here given your wise words about Season 2.

stuiggs07

Neo Member
UK guys I need help please.

I'm staying here in Liverpool city center couple of days for vacation, I want to buy the official 2014 Liverpool shirt for me and also Manu shirt for a friend back home, Where are the best stores and prices near me?

Thank you.

Probably in Liverpool One. There is an official Liverpool FC store there as well as a Sports Direct. I don't know if the JJB is still open in queens square. Might be worth having a look there as well as its next door to the other LFC store.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He'll move and Wilbury will be rocking an avatar of the Tanc for the whole of next season.
I'll put him on ignore for the whole season.
Txiki taka.
This is brlliant :lol :lol :lol
It gets back to Season One goodness, right?

In short, no. Season 3 is better than 2 though, so keep watching!

I lost interest after season 4, SPOILER --->
that Marlo kid and his teen titans really ruined the show for me. Just pop a cap in his ass, he's just a kid with a lollipop ffs.

Also I missed my ninja McNutty

flippedb

Banned
Bullshit. He's quite good, but even Anzhi wouldn't have offered that kind of crazy money for him. If they had, Milan would take it.

Mr. Golden Tie apparently rejected it, as did El Shaa.

Also, fucking Robinho should already be in Brazil! If he doesn't leave, Honda can't come over.

Bullshit. He's quite good, but even Anzhi wouldn't have offered that kind of crazy money for him. If they had, Milan would take it.

Agreed. It's just garbage that Milan told the papers to make themselves look better in front of their fans. What need would Anzhi have for El Shaarawy anyway if they're buying Kokorin for 20 million and they already have Eto'o, Willian and Traore?

I too don't understand the hate toward s5 of The Wire.

Marlo is cold and ruthless and has one of the best scenes in the show. He is a new evil for the streets, and is the melding of both Stringer and Avon. In the end though, he is more like Avon because of his love for the streets. He's always belonged there.

As for Season 5 as a whole, it's still better and more interesting than most other shows. You all suck dick, go away pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mr. Golden Tie apparently rejected it, as did El Shaa.

Also, fucking Robinho should already be in Brazil! If he doesn't leave, Honda can't come over.

Galliani rejecting a 40M for SES? I don't see it.

How many goals did he score after his contract extension and Baloney's arrival?

One.

This is all PR.

-

@Freewheelin'

Spoiler ->
HE'S JUST A FUCKING KID

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Yurt...how much do you think Marotta is going to try to wrangle out of us for Vucinic?

It's true then?? :eek:

He'll ask for 15M and you'll offer 10. In the end, we'll send him to you on loan with an option to buy for 12M, and you won't buy him, of course.

So we'll be stuck with a 30-year-old striker next year.

GorillaJu

Wire

Marlo is just not an as interesting character as the series' other villains. He's too predictable, not overly clever, and doesn't have any depth to him. Stringer and Avon were special because while they were ruthless criminals, they were also family men and had charisma. You could actually side with them, and it made the struggle interesting because you really couldn't say straight up that any of them were bad people. Watching Stringer struggle under the weight of his own collapsing empire that he built was brilliant TV.

Marlo is fine as a character, just not as developed or cool as Avon's crew.

For me, the seasons are

1=4>3=2>>>>5

I loved all of them, but 5 was just "okay" in comparison. It had its moments

Zabojnik

So Yurt...how much do you think Marotta is going to try to wrangle out of us for Vucinic?

Marotta is terrible at selling players, so who knows. We bought him for 15M€ two years ago, so ... 12M€? I don't see Vucinic moving to Russia though. Like, at all. He just got married, feels right at home in Italy & at Juventus, Conte loves him. You'd have to offer him one of those crazy salaries.

EDIT: beaten on the price!

It's true then?? :eek:

He'll ask for 15M and you'll offer 10. In the end, we'll send him to you on loan with an option to buy for 12M, and you won't buy him, of course.

So we'll be stuck with a 30-year-old striker next year.

This rumour seems slightly more believable than the average shitty Zenit rumour because of the Spalletti/Vucinic link from Roma. As I posted here several times before, we don't actually have any scouts and this would fit well with the two types of signings we actually make. The first type is players Spalletti personally knows from Serie A and the second type is players we've played against in Europe(ex. Hulk, Witsel, etc).

I actually quite like Vucinic, think he could be a good signing for us. The downside of course is that I wish we would get somebody a bit younger. We already brought in a 34 year old Tymoshchuk and a 32 year old Arshavin this offseason.

Wire stuff:

well, yeah of course Stringer and Avon were more likeable characters, but that doesn't mean Marlo wasn't interesting too. I mean, look at the 'MY NAME IS MY NAME' scene. Before that, he showed not one ounce of personality. When he gets threatened by Omar, then he finally comes out of his shell.

@Yurt, yeah but that just shows you how crazy the game is, the fact that anyone can step up and take over a city is mind boggling really. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Yurt, yeah but that just shows you how crazy the game is, the fact that anyone can step up and take over a city is mind boggling really. :p

FW pls, it was absurd. Baltimore isn't a game of 'capture the base'.

My fav scene
'“You disappoint me, String. I had such fucking hopes for us" :lol

storari-500.jpg

Storari & Jojo at Vucinic's wedding. Jojo stylin'.

Ahahaha Jojo <3

Storari was his best man by the way!

F365 said:
Goal.com reports that the Gonzalo Higuain deal might not be as close as we all thought, with Arsenal quibbling over the price.

However, if these reports are accurate, they really are taking this quibbling lark too far. The website reports that Arsenal are 'reluctant' to pay more than €25 million with Real holding out for €25.5m.

That's €500,000. About £400,000.

lolsenal

Wayne Veysey &#8207;@wayneveysey 5m

1. Man United's public stance is Rooney is not for sale. That is what they're privately telling clubs making enquiries, too.

2. With a PR war developing between England's biggest club & biggest player, Rooney is going to have to push hard to get the move he wants.

3. Throw in new manager keen to assert his authority who has been handed a ticking timebomb & you have a minefield of cash, egos & politics

Interesting. My feelings are mixed. He can go but only if we get a good price (lol at £25 million). Alternatively, if he wants to redouble his efforts at the club under Moyes then so be it. He's a very good player after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom